Apple Streaming

Gannan

One good thing about Defending Jacob - it introduced me to a new band - White Lies.  Been listening to them a ton since I heard one of their songs on the episode when they're driving to the lake to go fishing.  Good stuff - reminds me of the Smiths, or the Cure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know why apple tv with the app on a smart tv doesn't save the progress of a tv episode? That is highly annoying

• 2 weeks later...

Invasion is interesting but it's a very slow buildup

I'm also still annoyed that apple streaming doesn't have a continue watching if you paused something

On 6/30/2021 at 10:53 AM, Gannan said:

Not yet but I’m falling into a "show hole” so I will. Going to give this and "Lisey’s story” another shot.

I would give Lasso a chance - it has a good heart at it's base.

• 2 weeks later...

So through 5 episodes of Invasion - it's time to start moving things along here a bit.  I'm gonna stick with it but damn how you gonna slow burn an alien show? 

6 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

So through 5 episodes of Invasion - it's time to start moving things along here a bit.  I'm gonna stick with it but damn how you gonna slow burn an alien show? 

Like how about showing some aliens.

• Like 1

Ted Lasso - just freakin wonderful TV.

Morning Show - Excellent if you like quality soap operas. Forget Aniston, it's Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carrell, Mark Duplass, and Billy Crudup who really carry this

Mythic Quest - I don't care about gaming, but Season One was superb, and it stayed good but not THAT good afterwards. If you don't love Poppy, get yer T checked

Schmigadoon - I have mixed feelings about musicals, so a short series that both reveres and mocks the genre really works for me. Plus, Cicely Strong at any weight!

Trying is a BritCom with a couple who are both sweet and charming. Clever dialogue, great stuff, modern themes

Invasion is extremely sloooooooow paced

Foundation is trying to be Apples Expanse IMO. I do like some of the characters stories in it. I think the villain is crap though

On 10/13/2021 at 7:12 PM, Mike030270 said:

Anyone know why apple tv with the app on a smart tv doesn't save the progress of a tv episode? That is highly annoying

This is still an issue for me. If it's paused for too long I have to restart

• 2 weeks later...

Apple TV+ today announced the first project hailing from its exclusive television development deal with esteemed filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron. The series is called ‘Disclaimer’, based on the book of the same name.

The series will star Cate Blanchett and Kevin Kline in the lead roles. The story revolves around fictional journalist Catherine Ravenscroft, played by Blanchett, who comes across a story from her past that she thought had long been buried and forgotten.

Also with Gary Oldman

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yah last week was a major letdown 

Spoiler

I almost turned it off when she was swimming through space

Also the girlfriend of the astronaut has been annoying me for awhile

• 4 months later...

the wife & i are watching severance....pretty good so far...interesting concept. 

i usually forget all about apple + but i guess there's some decent stuff on there. i really need to start ted lasso since so many folks seem to love it. 

14 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the wife & i are watching severance....pretty good so far...interesting concept. 

i usually forget all about apple + but i guess there's some decent stuff on there. i really need to start ted lasso since so many folks seem to love it. 

soccer is lame but Ted Lasso is solid 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

soccer is lame but Ted Lasso is solid 

i really don't like sudeikis but i'll give it a shot eventually. 

12 hours ago, homerpat said:

anyone else watching WeCrashed?  I actually like it. Those two are repulsive 

no, but I'll get to it. I finally started watching Yellowjackets the other day and am almost finished. Co-worker from NY is in town (MN) this week, so I've been getting free food and drinks on the company dime in the evenings making my catch-up time a bit stifled. Mix in NBA Playoffs this weekend and things like Saul starting next week... I give myself a month before I hopefully get through this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

no, but I'll get to it. I finally started watching Yellowjackets the other day and am almost finished. Co-worker from NY is in town (MN) this week, so I've been getting free food and drinks on the company dime in the evenings making my catch-up time a bit stifled. Mix in NBA Playoffs this weekend and things like Saul starting next week... I give myself a month before I hopefully get through this. 

Thoughts on Yellowjackets?  I loved it

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Thoughts on Yellowjackets?  I loved it

So far going good. I think I am through 7 or 8 episodes. What's funny is with the dual timeline characters, I either like the young version and hate the old version, or hate the young version and like the old version. Not sure if that's intentional, but I find it interesting how that dynamic plays out for me.

except Misty. That bish crazy in every timeline!

• Haha 2