Apple Streaming

Gannan

I won’t go so far as to call Lasso great, but, by the end of the first season, I loved it. And, if Juno Temple is anything like her character in real life, I think I love her too.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, Gannan said:

I've heard other people rave about Lasso. I watched 10 minutes of it and thought it was the dumbest premise for a show I'd ever seen. That includes "Small Wonder" which previously held that distinction . :lol:

x1080

You’re quitting too early. give it two episodes

I've heard other people rave about Lasso. I watched 10 minutes of it and thought it was the dumbest premise for a show I'd ever seen. That includes "Small Wonder" which previously held that distinction . :lol:

x1080

You’re quitting too early. give it two episodes

On 6/21/2021 at 10:01 AM, Gannan said:

Watched "Palmer" over the weekend. Justin Timberlake plays an ex con who moves back to his small Louisiana town after doing his time. He struggles to find work and reclaim his life but befriends and young boy with a drug addict mom and gender identity issues ***Trigger Warning****

I thought it was pretty good. The acting was really good and it was kind of a touching story. Kept my interest the whole way through and definitely worth a watch. 

Watched it today and I second this. Explaining the plot makes it seem extremely boring yet watching it was entertaining. Acting from everyone was well done.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Watched it today and I second this. Explaining the plot makes it seem extremely boring yet watching it was entertaining. Acting from everyone was well done.

Agreed.  My wife forced me to watch this and it ended up being a pretty awesome film.  Justin Timberlake is a good actor in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Agreed.  My wife forced me to watch this and it ended up being a pretty awesome film.  Justin Timberlake is a good actor in my opinion. 

Def has stepped up his game. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

Haven't heard of this film (is it streaming somewhere) but I have been team JT ever since he made a Britney Spears diss track and from any acting standpoint I was positively entertained by his character/acting in Alpha Dog (which may be my first time watching/noticing @jrsu37's boy Ben Foster in a film) and enjoyed seeing his performances since then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Haven't heard of this film (is it streaming somewhere) but I have been team JT ever since he made a Britney Spears diss track and from any acting standpoint I was positively entertained by his character/acting in Alpha Dog (which may be my first time watching/noticing @jrsu37's boy Ben Foster in a film) and enjoyed seeing his performances since then. 

It's on Apple Streaming.  I think there's a thread about it somewhere.  

Feel Me Think About It GIF - FeelMe ThinkAboutIt Meme - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 2

Just now, hputenis said:

It's on Apple Streaming.  I think there's a thread about it somewhere.  

Feel Me Think About It GIF - FeelMe ThinkAboutIt Meme - Discover & Share  GIFs

I'd just posted in the movie thread and thought I was still in there :roll:

• Haha 1

hope you've gone back to this since this post. This show is charming and wholesome af. I'm sure there are other words to describe it, but I'm going to just leave it there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

hope you've gone back to this since this post. This show is charming and wholesome af. I'm sure there are other words to describe it, but I'm going to just leave it there. 

Not yet but I’m falling into a "show hole” so I will. Going to give this and "Lisey’s story” another shot.

Watched "Cherry" last night. Tom Holland movie where he goes to the army, comes home and becomes a drug addict because of PTSD and robs banks. Acting was very well done, but the direction of the movie kinda felt all over the place. Worth a watch, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Watched "Cherry" last night. Tom Holland movie where he goes to the army, comes home and becomes a drug addict because of PTSD and robs banks. Acting was very well done, but the direction of the movie kinda felt all over the place. Worth a watch, imo.

definitely worth a watch. I would dare call it "rewatchable" as well, due to how long it is and the different parts of the main characters life we spend time in. Not an elite movie by any stretch. But a fun time with one of the most well recognized actors today diving into a pretty wild role.  

On 6/28/2021 at 9:54 AM, Agent23 said:

I loved In Time with JT also. I know it's got horrible ratings, but it has a kinda B movie Children of Men + Blade Runner thing going that I just really dug.

Also Ben Foster in that movie was intense AF...Alpha Dog was a great movie. Uneasy subject matter and all seeing as how it's based on true events, but it was a dang good movie. 

Speaking of...Wonder why Emile Hirsch just kinda stopped acting while he was still ascending. He was compiling a great catalog of work then just...Disappeared.

27 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I loved In Time with JT also. I know it's got horrible ratings, but it has a kinda B movie Children of Men + Blade Runner thing going that I just really dug.

Also Ben Foster in that movie was intense AF...Alpha Dog was a great movie. Uneasy subject matter and all seeing as how it's based on true events, but it was a dang good movie. 

Speaking of...Wonder why Emile Hirsch just kinda stopped acting while he was still ascending. He was compiling a great catalog of work then just...Disappeared.

He was in Lone Survivor with your boy Ben, Marky Mark, and Tim Riggins? right? If so, I think that's the last film I recall seeing him in 

49 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

He was in Lone Survivor with your boy Ben, Marky Mark, and Tim Riggins? right? If so, I think that's the last film I recall seeing him in 

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, brah

Thought you were a big fan of that movie?!

According to Wikipedia he's been in a bunch of movies just nothing really mainstream (save OUATIH) 

He apparently choked out some movie executive lady a couple years back so that might have something to do with him not landing big roles anymore

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, brah

Thought you were a big fan of that movie?!

Ahh yes, he's the one excited to meet Rick Dalton at the end and gets told that Leo and his wife are already, but those F'ing hippies ain't! :roll:

• Like 1

Yeah I don't remember him in either of those...I'll research the sleeper hold now lol. 

Daniele Bernfield her name...She fine bruh. Wonder what she did to make lil dude that mad.

Conflicting stories as you'd expect I guess. 

Only thing that matches in the two stories is that he was wasted.

5 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Yeah I don't remember him in either of those...I'll research the sleeper hold now lol. 

I remember in OUATIH his name was "Jay" something... he was referred to as Sharon's ex that was like a Polanski doppleganger. I haven't seen the film in over a year now but I can still remember his randomass characters name lol

It did seem like Hirsch just started taking whatever roles he could get. Autopsy of Jane Doe and Freaks aren't that old, but definitely just your typical Netflix movies. I saw the other day he was in some 2020 movie with Mel Gibson but didn't watch it.

• 1 month later...

Defending Jacob - meh.  Slow pace, probably could have been 5 episodes instead of 8.  Wasn't a big fan of the ending.

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Defending Jacob - meh.  Slow pace, probably could have been 5 episodes instead of 8.  Wasn't a big fan of the ending.

Same. I saw some people complaining about it vs the book ending

Spoiler

Book ending is the girl in Mexico is found dead, making it seem more likely that Jacob is actually a killer. Mom then crashes her car on purpose and kills Jacob

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Same. I saw some people complaining about it vs the book ending

Reveal hidden contents

Book ending is the girl in Mexico is found dead, making it seem more likely that Jacob is actually a killer. Mom then crashes her car on purpose and kills Jacob

I think that would have been better just because there's at least some closure that way.

Spoiler

Did you think he was the killer?  They did a great job of keeping it very ambiguous on the show - sounds like the book made him seem more guilty.  I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning towards he did it.  

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think that would have been better just because there's at least some closure that way.

Hide contents

Did you think he was the killer?  They did a great job of keeping it very ambiguous on the show - sounds like the book made him seem more guilty.  I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning towards he did it.  

Spoiler

If I had to pick one, I'd say yes over no. But its just circumstantial evidence. Also there was only two suspects the whole time, so just the lack of options leads me to believe he did. 

• Like 1