Apple Streaming

Gannan

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yeah I turned 11 the back half of August of 1996 :lol:

I'm only a few years older, but I consumed everything football from a young age. I remember getting the Sporting News so I could read about the eagles and all the players stats. "Damn, this Tra Thomas guy they drafted sounds like he might be pretty good!"

• Like 1

Shrinking - Funny and occasionally tugs on the heartstrings. Not sure it’s as good as Ted Lasso, but looking forward to watching it more.

• Like 1

I'm halfway through episode 7 of Severance - was watching some while eating lunch - the dance party just ended :roll: This show is awesomely weird and incredible, and the casting has been as brilliant as any show I've ever watched.  I will most likely finish tonight then I'll go crazy for a day or two reading theories etc and finding out when season 2 is coming.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm halfway through episode 7 of Severance - was watching some while eating lunch - the dance party just ended :roll: This show is awesomely weird and incredible, and the casting has been as brilliant as any show I've ever watched.  I will most likely finish tonight then I'll go crazy for a day or two reading theories etc and finding out when season 2 is coming.  

I finished it Monday night. Since I don't know how to do spoilers on mobile yet, I'll keep my mouth shut till you watch it. :roll:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I am in the middle of episode 8 right now.  I would describe the entire show as painfully fantastic.  My wife absolutely HATES it, which is an immediate sign that it's great.  

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I am in the middle of episode 8 right now.  I would describe the entire show as painfully fantastic.  My wife absolutely HATES it, which is an immediate sign that it's great.  

Yeah my wife and I have zero shows that overlap because she thinks that hallmark and below deck is the pinnacle of modern television 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah my wife and I have zero shows that overlap because she thinks that hallmark and below deck is the pinnacle of modern television 

I call my wife the grim reaper of TV.  If she says she likes a show, there is almost no chance it doesn't get cancelled after one season.  We at least have some overlap in that she likes some sci fi and cheesy disaster movies I don't mind watching with her.  She's a Hallmark fan also so I'm lucky she doesn't ask me to watch them with her very often.  When I do, I mostly make fun of them until she tells me I can go or my boys come in and join in the mockery.  She's happy when we all do stuff together, even if it's making fun of her movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

severance was great...glad to see a few of you catching up on it. 

my wife hated it too...gave up after 2 episodes. :lol: but then again, she has big bang theory or friends on the tv most of the time...when it's not the crown or something else having to do with royalty. the only stuff we watch together are some hgtv or gordon ramsey shows. :blush:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just hope they don't drag it on for too long and keep doubling down on the weirdness like they did with Westworld, to the point where no one knows what the F is going on

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I just hope they don't drag it on for too long and keep doubling down on the weirdness like they did with Westworld, to the point where no one knows what the F is going on

It felt so much like Westworld. I hope it doesn't follow suit. Also, I didn't realize I was watching the finale. I was very disappointed when I found out that was the last episode :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, hputenis said:

Same. She thought it was 'too weird" which is the sure sign of a great show :D

• Haha 2

On 2/3/2023 at 9:13 AM, mr_hunt said:

severance was great...glad to see a few of you catching up on it. 

my wife hated it too...gave up after 2 episodes. :lol: but then again, she has big bang theory or friends on the tv most of the time...when it's not the crown or something else having to do with royalty. the only stuff we watch together are some hgtv or gordon ramsey shows. :blush:  

Same. Though she is watching "The Last of Us" with me, and we just finished "Kindred" which is a great series. 

If you all want something to watch with your wife that you'll both enjoy try Shrinking.  Made by the Ted Lasso creators, it's funnier than TL, although it's got a ways to go to be called as good.

• Like 2

Watching "Shrinking" with the wife. It's made me laugh more than once and is holding my interest. It's a little cheesy but entertaining. 

• Like 2

Apple TV + very good value, also received free year when buying Apple TV Box, not sure if that offer is still available

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Servant - Not sure if anyone else was still watching this, but I’m really glad it’s finally over. They’d been spinning their wheels for the past couple of seasons and it was well past time to wrap it up. I do wish that they’d have ended with LeeAnn running naked through some center city park, past some tall, skinny, old bald guy playing a lute and wearing a kilt though.

• Like 1

Yeah M knight doesn't know how to end things. 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:02 AM, Gannan said:

Watching "Shrinking" with the wife. It's made me laugh more than once and is holding my interest. It's a little cheesy but entertaining. 

Shrinking is great. Crazy that the creator is this guy  Also you can tell any show is ran by Bill Lawrence due to the fact his wife is in it.  (chick from Drew Carrey who had bad plastic surgery)

B11D06A9-AE3D-4A3D-A95A-E39514831136.jpeg

Watched the entire season and I laughed out loud every episode. Harrison Ford absolutely makes that show. 

• Like 4

On 3/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, homerpat said:

Shrinking is great. Crazy that the creator is this guy  Also you can tell any show is ran by Bill Lawrence due to the fact his wife is in it.  (chick from Drew Carrey who had bad plastic surgery)

Is she in season 3 of Ted Lasso? I don't recall her in any of episodes of the first two.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:18 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

Is she in season 3 of Ted Lasso? I don't recall her in any of episodes of the first two.

she’s not and she’s not always on his shows. just often is

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

Tetris was Fing awesome. 

Good to hear! It’s definitely on my list! 

On 3/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, homerpat said:

Currently my favorite character on TV. Can't explain it but every time he yells "OY!" I Fing lose it.