HBO Max

Gannan

7 hours ago, Gern Blanston said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Figures the boy meets his dad and then his dad is killed. Typical lol - Yeah almost sort of saw it coming - did not see Mom offing her partner coming.

Wasn't the boy and girl near each other? Shouldn't she have heard the gunshot? - Was she asleep or packed up in mom's luggage maybe?

The mother keeps giving off vibes that she doesn't care about her daemon - Some form of self loathing I guess?  That thing annoys me.  Curious why none of the priests at the Magesterium don't have any cute furry daemons - they're all snakes, spiders, bugs and lizards...

The show didn't explain angels. Are they heaven kind of angels? - Guessing we'll be learning more next season.

There will be a 3rd and final season of this series.

without spoilers, how was season 2?  i liked not loved season 1

45 minutes ago, homerpat said:

without spoilers, how was season 2?  i liked not loved season 1

It was good. Normal season 2 of a show. Expanded and explained some things while also adding more that needs explained

It's only 7 episodes and they're all out now

• Like 1

The Little Things

Spoiler

Seemed like they didn't catch the killer

They also covered up a cop murdering someone

On 1/29/2021 at 8:53 PM, Mike030270 said:

The Little Things

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I watched it last night.  The acting was pretty good, but overall it kinda fell flat for me at the end.  

Just now, mikemack8 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I watched it last night.  The acting was pretty good, but overall it kinda fell flat for me at the end.  

Same. Dig on fat Denzel tho lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

Fat Jared Leto too!  

Man he's amazing as a wacked out dude. He always delivers. Malek, whom I love, seems super stiff in this role. 

Denzel n Leto were great, but the movie was a bit incoherent and...Just off at times.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 8:53 PM, Mike030270 said:

The Little Things

Reveal hidden contents

I liked it, but it was really, really derivative of Se7en. It's worth watching though because the acting is so good.

Spoiler

I think they had their man but the movie wanted to keep you guessing. Hard to feel bad for Leto's character. If he wasn't the killer, it was definitely a case of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

It was pretty boring imo. My wife fell asleep during it and I explained the last hour plus of the movie in three sentences. 

It was really hyped because of the 3 actors in it

I didn't hate or dislike it but I thought it could have been way better

On 1/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, Mike030270 said:

Is the show Snowpiercer any good? Saw the movie years ago

I am like 3 episodes in. It's ok so far, nothing special, but not bad either. Worth watching IMO. Diggs is really, really good IMO.

Seems like they quietly added the first WW movie in 4k

There's a lot of people mad about the lack of 4k content when we now know that HBO Max has the ability

Watched a show called The Head.  Interesting concept.  Highly predictable.  Could have been way better but poorly executed IMO.  

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

She's also has a small role in season 2 of "His Dark Materials".

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Started watching "The Flight Attendant". Surprisingly good. 

I've been thinking about starting that - guess I'll give it a shot

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, Gannan said:

Started watching "The Flight Attendant". Surprisingly good. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, mikemack8 said:

I've been thinking about starting that - guess I'll give it a shot

We just watched it. Dark comedy. Worth watching. Good. Not super great but worth the watch. 
I like Kaley Cuoco because... well yeah... but wife and I agreed she doesn’t have much acting range. This is the same character but with just better writing. 

• Like 1

The Girl with All the Gifts was good up until the end

Wtf :lol:

Spoiler

the girl lit the fire and released the pod seeds which basically meant the end of humans and the teacher just acted as if nothing happened.

It was a very The Strain with the kid killing everyone

Seriously wtf lol

"Judas and the Black Messiah" It was an interesting movie about a part of history I don't know that much about. It has some editing and continuity issues that I thought made the film a little disjointed, but the the story was interesting and the acting was good. Worth watching. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

"Judas and the Black Messiah" It was an interesting movie about a part of history I don't know that much about. It has some editing and continuity issues that I thought made the film a little disjointed, but the the story was interesting and the acting was good. Worth watching. 

Matt Damon's mongoloid brother's in it, right? Just saw him in The Irishman playing Pacino's son. Damn that Speilberg's good.

Just now, wholesale_Melvin said:

Matt Damon's mongoloid brother's in it, right? Just saw him in The Irishman playing Pacino's son. Damn that Speilberg's good.

I always know him as "the kid from Friday Night Lights"