HBO Max

Gannan

Doom Patrol is...I dunno. I watched the first 4 episodes over the course of this week. To say its odd would be an understatement. Brendon Fraser is surprisingly good and Alen Tudik plays the villain and is also a narrator at times.

3 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Doom Patrol is...I dunno. I watched the first 4 episodes over the course of this week. To say its odd would be an understatement. Brendon Fraser is surprisingly good and Alen Tudik plays the villain and is also a narrator at times.

same here, we got into two episodes (i really wanted Umbrella but we had just gotten rid of netflix) and lost all interest; there was very little that pulled us in. I guess this is like BCS if the viewer had never seen BB. Another reason I had for letting DP slide...tired of making the super heroes so 'human' . 

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

same here, we got into two episodes (i really wanted Umbrella but we had just gotten rid of netflix) and lost all interest; there was very little that pulled us in. I guess this is like BCS if the viewer had never seen BB. Another reason I had for letting DP slide...tired of making the super heroes so 'human' . 

Maybe I gave the wrong impression, I kinda like it. I just dont know what to call it. Its really out there. 

Umbrella academy was really good, Doom Patrol can't compare to that. But its funny and for me weird enough to be very interesting. The actor that plays Cyborg is terrible though. 

12 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Maybe I gave the wrong impression, I kinda like it. I just dont know what to call it. Its really out there. 

Umbrella academy was really good, Doom Patrol can't compare to that. But its funny and for me weird enough to be very interesting. The actor that plays Cyborg is terrible though. 

agreed on cyborg lol, the costume looks like a kit anyone could get at a halloween store. real plastic looking. really turned off by the skitzo chick and honestly, every character except maybe Robotman. The villain on the show.....wow  ............i couldn't get the lawnmower man out of my head. 

emZgLEE4D1QQBQoD6ypmRapASY3jFml3J-55xIIw

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

agreed on cyborg lol, the costume looks like a kit anyone could get at a halloween store. real plastic looking. really turned off by the skitzo chick and honestly, every character except maybe Robotman. The villain on the show.....wow  ............i couldn't get the lawnmower man out of my head. 

I didn't even mind the costume. It looking fake and cheap kinda fit into the look of the show IMO. I just think the guy can't act at all. The rest are OK for a TV series and Robotman is really good IMO.

5 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

As for the villian Mr Nobody, this is what he looked.like in the comics:

6157035-screen shot 2017-11-22 at 4.16.16 pm.png

So his look in the show doesn't bother me much.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Anyone else still watching Lovecraft Country?  This past Sunday's episode was wild - and by wild I mean gross :lol: 

hey, if the shoe fits.......................

:whistle:

• Haha 1

Lots of things being inserted into dude's butts on that episode :lol: 

Spoiler

I had a feeling Montrose was gay - I guess now we know for sure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

In other news, I ❤️ Leti 

that's your boy jussie smollett's sister. 

take it to cvon!    

Just now, mr_hunt said:

that's your boy jussie smollett's sister. 

take it to cvon!    

Yeah I knew that - they basically look like the same person. 

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I knew that - they basically look like the same person. 

:lol:  yeah, it's kind of weird. 

i googled her after watching the 1st ep...hoping to find noodes!  that's when i discovered who her brother is.  <_<

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

:lol:  yeah, it's kind of weird. 

i googled her after watching the 1st ep...hoping to find noodes!  that's when i discovered who her brother is.  <_<

Did you find his nudes instead?  :excited:

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

Anyone else watching "The Vow"? Wow it's really messed up. 

I just watched the first episode, and I'm definitely hooked.  Anything to do with cults, I can't look away.  I can tell sheet's about to get real weird.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I just watched the first episode, and I'm definitely hooked.  Anything to do with cults, I can't look away.  I can tell sheet's about to get real weird.  

For the first 2 episodes I was like "How could they not know it's a cult!? The sashes are a dead giveaway!". Then in episode 3 it gets, really, really messed up when they go into the cult inside the cult (called DOS).

• Like 1

Watched The Invisible Man last night - LOVED it!  The first half of the movie is much stronger than the second half, though, IMO.  That sense of knowing there's something/someone there but not being certain, the foreboding - it was awesome.  Amazing score to go along with it, as well.

• Like 3

i'm inclined/interested but Chickie is not, cockblocks it everytime i bring it up as a potential watch. been a lot of harvey birdman, my daughter loves it. 

Thanks again for all the Doom Patrol suggestions. Went and got DC for a month to binge Titans and loving that too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still watching Lovecraft Country?  This show is batshit crazy - I love it.  A fantastic mix of horror, sci-fi and fantasy.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, mikemack8 said:

Anyone still watching Lovecraft Country?  This show is batshit crazy - I love it.  A fantastic mix of horror, sci-fi and fantasy.

It got really, really, really weird, and I kind of lost interest (when the one woman kept turning into the white woman). I guess its worth going back to?

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It got really, really, really weird, and I kind of lost interest (when the one woman kept turning into the white woman). I guess its worth going back to?

Well that stuff is still going on, but it isn't the entire premise of any of the episodes anymore.  I figure I've invested enough in it to see it through.  The episode with the backstory of Tic's relationship with the Korean chick was really good.