HBO Max

Gannan

19 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

Additionally, the Undoing is a tremendous series. Acting is top notch. My wife and I are loving it even if it is somewhat predictable. 

Yup.  The trio of Kidman, Grant and Sutherland are good watching.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bill said:

An expensive TV is not worth it.

It is when the manufacturer gives it to you for free. :smoke:

Me and the wife have been watching The Deuce. She likes it but I’ve seen Maggie Gyllenhaals boobs like 5 times now after 3 episodes and I’m done. 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:32 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

Me and the wife have been watching The Deuce. She likes it but I’ve seen Maggie Gyllenhaals boobs like 5 times now after 3 episodes and I’m done. 

I'm a fully straight guy and even I have no problem admitting Jake is the hotter sibling. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I'm a fully straight guy and even I have no problem admitting Jake is the hotter sibling. 

I honestly think she agreed to this role because no one wanted to leak her nudes during The Fapenning 

You ‘’guys’’ have obviously never watched Strip Search. She’s butt nekkid for much of it.

WOW! Big news and i will now subscribe to HBO MAX

Warner Bros. to release every 2021 movie on HBO Max at same time

Dune and Matrix 4 are the big ones 

The lineup of 17 films includes The Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla vs. Kong, Mortal Kombat, Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, In The Heights, Space Jam: A New Legacy, The Suicide Squad, Reminiscence, Malignant, Dune, The Many Saints of Newark, King Richard, Cry Macho, and Matrix 4. The company released a promotional video, above, touting the news. 

https://ew.com/movies/warner-bros-2021-hbo-max/

• Like 2

well that sucks (HBO MAX) because with no more having kids,  i was actually looking forward to going to the movies for the movies now. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

how much are they going to charge for the new release movies? 

That's the big question. They say that Wonder Woman will be free for a month. Haven't seen what happens after that

There are also rumors, although still unconfirmed, that they're about to ink a deal with Roku as well.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

how much are they going to charge for the new release movies? 

Word is they're not going to charge extra for the new release movies.  After the first month they'll just remove it from HBOMax and show it in theaters only for a while, before they put it back on again for good.  Of course, that could change.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, Smokesdawg said:

Additionally, the Undoing is a tremendous series. Acting is top notch. My wife and I are loving it even if it is somewhat predictable. 

Did it end how you thought it would? 

Finished the "Murder on Middle Beach" doc. It was really good. HBO continues to put out really good documentaries. You really feel for the kid as it goes on.

Spoiler

I wish he found out who did it, but it ended as well as it could have. Had to be his father, everyone else was pretty much ruled out. 

On 12/3/2020 at 6:45 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Did it end how you thought it would? 

My wife and I just finished and both of us thought it was phenomenal.  The writing, the acting, and trying to figure out exactly what happened had us glued to the TV.

Spoiler

This show reminded me so much of "The Night Of."  There really wasn't much to it, but they did such a great job creating a compelling story that I was hooked.  I was convinced there was gonna be a huge twist at the end, and I honestly thought Donald Sutherland was the one responsible for the murder, because he's bad in everything.  😂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hputenis said:

My wife and I just finished and both of us thought it was phenomenal.  The writing, the acting, and trying to figure out exactly what happened had us glued to the TV.

Reveal hidden contents

This show reminded me so much of "The Night Of."  There really wasn't much to it, but they did such a great job creating a compelling story that I was hooked.  I was convinced there was gonna be a huge twist at the end, and I honestly thought Donald Sutherland was the one responsible for the murder, because he's bad in everything.  😂

Spoiler

Yup, same. I thought it was going to be Donald Sutherland or some big twist. It was actually pretty cool the twist was there is no twist, Hugh Grant was just a giant a-hole. Only thing I didn’t really get is the obsession the girl had with Kidman. They kind of just dropped that angle real fast after the whole "she painted you” scene. 

And agreed, it was a great mini series with great acting, and enough of a story to keep you glued. Phenomenal boobs too. 

• Haha 1

Also it’s not HBO, but Showtime just began a new miniseries with Bryan Cranston called "Your Honor”. Basically he’s a judge and his son hit, ran and killed a mob bosses son. First episode was really good.

• Like 1

Apparently, some "filmmakers" aren't happy with Warner Bros. decision to drop their new release movies on HBO Max at the same time as the theaters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-nolan-rips-hbo-max-as-worst-streaming-service-denounces-warner-bros-plan

Christopher Nolan Rips HBO Max as "Worst Streaming Service," Denounces Warner Bros.' Plan

4:36 PM PST 12/7/2020 by Kim Masters

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Apparently, some "filmmakers" aren't happy with Warner Bros. decision to drop their new release movies on HBO Max at the same time as the theaters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christopher-nolan-rips-hbo-max-as-worst-streaming-service-denounces-warner-bros-plan

make better movies. it's like buying albums from the 80s....you get burnt so many times of only one good song on the whole damn thing, you stop going to record stores and start using Columbia House/BMG....legitimately. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 9:37 AM, The_Omega said:

He's just mad because of Tenet

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder Woman 84

Spoiler

I'm cool with her flying but why didn't she in the other movies when this was supposed to be a prequel in a way
So how is that all explained? The world just has a moment of "Ok that just happened but let's move on and never speak of it again"?
Thought the invisible jet was cool

Wasn't as good as the first one but I think WW was one of the best comic book movies ever so it's hard to top that IMO

Going to watch this again since it's free lol