HBO Max

Gannan

I'll give it two naps out of 3 (eagles game). Garbage, bad cgi (DCEU: we only do CGI in the dark), a dressing for the prom/first date montage?, action scenes? POS POS POS.

started watching GOT again and just started the 2nd season. 

such a great show before season 8. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

They need to hurry up and add the 4k content already

true, i was hoping to watch GOT in that format, but couldn't wait any longer. 

FWIW, for any West Wing fans, the stage performance of the Hartsfield's Landing episode by the original cast (RIP John Spencer) was very well done, even if the get out the vote bits were annoying. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, Mike030270 said:

They need to hurry up and add the 4k content already

content? as in just upscaling the steaming through their digital platform?

On 12/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

true, i was hoping to watch GOT in that format, but couldn't wait any longer. 

I think S07 and S08 each came on the retail market with 4k packaging. S08 100% did and I had to watch Long Night on my 4k TV with my TV on the CORRECT setting of the 4 default modes (standard, dynamic, blah blah) which I think is the one I calibrated... when doing that, I could see MOUNTAINS in the background that never existed before. I could see where the Dothraki horde rides off with flaming swords that extinguish (it shoots to an overhead shot of Dany and Jon on a cliff looking down, and before UHD+4K TV+calibration it was just little lights going out. After all that, I could see the undead army bum rushing them. 

Anyways, off tangent, the show also re-released S01 on 4k a couple years ago. SINCE THEN, other than S01 and S08 for definite (and maybe S07), NONE of the other seasons have been re-released in 4k... EXCEPT for as an entire series bundle.

So I own the first 6 seasons on Blu Ray (and the first 4ish sold as Blu Ray PLUS DVD!!!! bundled together!!!).. then the last 2ish on 4k. So if I wanted to get it all on 4k, I would basically just be duplicating my S07 and S08 4k sets, and I think the 4k series bundle is probably 4K + Blu Ray bundle (as all 4k movies come with the bu ray also from what I've seen over 4 years)... so I would have so much damn duplication, along with ZERO new content as far as I am aware... so that has held me off.

Also, I have all 8 seasons on digital. I can't sell or transfer my existing digital library, and not sure if the 4k bundle comes with digital voucher for 1080 or 4k digital copies... so even that is something that I might not even "see" any improvements on if I bought and redeemed (that assuming it lets me redeem and wouldn't give me "you already own this" error message)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:23 PM, vikas83 said:

FWIW, for any West Wing fans, the stage performance of the Hartsfield's Landing episode by the original cast (RIP John Spencer) was very well done, even if the get out the vote bits were annoying. 

I really enjoyed it even though I never watched the West Wing. I'm starting to go back and watch the original episodes now. 

48 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I really enjoyed it even though I never watched the West Wing. I'm starting to go back and watch the original episodes now. 

Get ready. Seasons 1-4 are some of the best TV of all time. Seasons 5 and 6 suffer from Sorkin leaving, but then it closes strong with Season 7.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m working my way through the West Wing. Great show. I’m on season three now. Great writing and back and forth. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, Mike030270 said:

I've been watching His Dark Materials

Pretty good so far

Just realized we had HBO Max on Amazon 2 weeks ago...

Watched S1 of His Dark Materials, entertaining enough, feel like I'm missing some things on the characters, and the accents can be a little difficult, but will start plowing into S2 soon.

WW84 - basic CGI heavy super hero movie.  Didn't hate it, didn't love it, effectively killed an evening with nothing else better to do.

The little things movie coming out on Jan 29 looks like it could be pretty good. Denzel makes anything worth watching once. 

• Like 3

His Dark Materials season 2

Spoiler

Figures the boy meets his dad and then his dad is killed. Typical lol

Wasn't the boy and girl near each other? Shouldn't she have heard the gunshot?

The mother keeps giving off vibes that she doesn't care about her daemon

The show didn't explain angels. Are they heaven kind of angels?

Tiger - Some great footage that I don't remember seeing before.  One thing I didn't realize is how much of a firecracker Tida is.  Seemed like Earl was the driving force, but this portrays her as just as big a force behind the machine.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, The_Omega said:

Tiger - Some great footage that I don't remember seeing before.  One thing I didn't realize is how much of a firecracker Tida is.  Seemed like Earl was the driving force, but this portrays her as just as big a force behind the machine.

Was just going to post about this. A lot of things we didn’t know.  Definitely changes the way you think about him. And answers some of the questions about his cheating ways.  

20 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is the show Snowpiercer any good? Saw the movie years ago

I've heard it's OK but nothing special from a few friends.  Never watched it myself though. Thought about giving it a shot cause I like Diggs and Connelly, but I think I'm one of the few people who really hated the movie and have no desire to see more. 

20 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is the show Snowpiercer any good? Saw the movie years ago

Much better than it had any right to be. I loved it and Jennifer Connelly and the main guy are great. 

I rewatched movie because of show and have to say it was just ok the second time

41 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I've heard it's OK but nothing special from a few friends.  Never watched it myself though. Thought about giving it a shot cause I like Diggs and Connelly, but I think I'm one of the few people who really hated the movie and have no desire to see more. 

i also hated the move even though the cinematography was great. 

• Like 1

Tiger - Part 2 - I’ve no doubt that he hates this because, obviously, it doesn’t make him look good, but man, the media are shown to be the disgraceful jackals that they are, too.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:39 AM, dawkins4prez said:

About half an hour into Lovecraft Country, I'm like , Ok I get it, you want to establish positive black role models.  About 15 minutes later I'm like, still?  F this.  Nobody has the right to make a boring pilot.  Nobody.

just finally got HBO Max (/realized my friends login I used for HBO Go works here too) so started back at the beginning of this thread to lurk and see what you guys are watching

and this was my exact reaction to this show. I turned it off 20 some minutes in. During a way too long pillow talk scene between a husband and wife. I just couldnt do it. Kinda like you're saying, why am I watching a boring pilot right now? 

That said I'll keep lurking and if this seems to get enough hype to stay with it I guess I'll go back.

41 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

just finally got HBO Max (/realized my friends login I used for HBO Go works here too) so started back at the beginning of this thread to lurk and see what you guys are watching

and this was my exact reaction to this show. I turned it off 20 some minutes in. During a way too long pillow talk scene between a husband and wife. I just couldnt do it. Kinda like you're saying, why am I watching a boring pilot right now? 

That said I'll keep lurking and if this seems to get enough hype to stay with it I guess I'll go back.

I watched it the whole way through - it's way out there sometimes, but I enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I watched it the whole way through - it's way out there sometimes, but I enjoyed it. 

Ended up watching about 3-4 episodes.  This is lame TV horror along the lines of American horror story.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, Mike030270 said:

His Dark Materials season 2

Hide contents

Figures the boy meets his dad and then his dad is killed. Typical lol

Wasn't the boy and girl near each other? Shouldn't she have heard the gunshot?

The mother keeps giving off vibes that she doesn't care about her daemon

The show didn't explain angels. Are they heaven kind of angels?

Spoiler

Figures the boy meets his dad and then his dad is killed. Typical lol - Yeah almost sort of saw it coming - did not see Mom offing her partner coming.

Wasn't the boy and girl near each other? Shouldn't she have heard the gunshot? - Was she asleep or packed up in mom's luggage maybe?

The mother keeps giving off vibes that she doesn't care about her daemon - Some form of self loathing I guess?  That thing annoys me.  Curious why none of the priests at the Magesterium don't have any cute furry daemons - they're all snakes, spiders, bugs and lizards...

The show didn't explain angels. Are they heaven kind of angels? - Guessing we'll be learning more next season.

There will be a 3rd and final season of this series.