EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

32 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

JJAW’s highest game last year for production was 39 yards ....

I’m taking the over on that this Sunday 

I'll take that bet for the under!  3 catches for 35 yards

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

I'll take that bet for the under!  3 catches for 35 yards

jjaw will have a td longer then 35yds book it

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m thinking we see Mailata at swing tackle. 

while I love me some Aussie Destroyer, this thought makes me feel forlorn.  Swing tackle is a gaping hole for us.  Either tackle goes down, its a sad day in paradise

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

jjaw will have a td longer then 35yds book it

Oh Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.  My friends all drive Porches I must make amends...

Man I would so love to see this- as long as its not our only TD

The Eagles worked out a TE named Jordan Franks. 

Richard Rodgers and TY McGill were brought in for visits, so that’s underwhelming. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

About those WRs...

How would everyone manage the offense on Sunday?

I think you will see a lot of different personnel used on Sunday to keep everyone fresh. The Eagles have a huge advantage in that most of the offense has been here a while. Hightower is really the only new part with Reagor out. I think he will get 10-15 snaps, and Burnett will be called up and get about the same amount. I would expect Ertz, Goedert, Ward, DJax and JJAW to all get around 50 snaps, assuming we run 60 plays, and Scott, Sanders and Clement to all get a fairly equal number of snaps.

The think the team is fine running 12 personnel with Ward and Burnett, since they did it last year without an issue. I don't think it is a great fit for JJAW, and I would rather see him on the field exclusively in 3wr sets.

Later on in the season I think the primary offense will be Sanders, Ertz, Goedert, DJax and Reagor. But at least initially I think they will play a lot of guys to make up for the lack of a proper training camp and to see who is ready for prime time. 

You don’t have to have speed to be a deep threat. Mike Williams was one of the best downfield receivers in the NFL last year. If JJAW can play with the toughness, body control and ball skills he had at Stanford he would be fine in 12 personnel. Will we ever see that player? I hope so. I’m looking forward to seeing him Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

You don’t have to have speed to be a deep threat. Mike Williams was one of the best downfield receivers in the NFL last year. If JJAW can play with the toughness, body control and ball skills he had at Stanford he would be fine in 12 personnel. Will we ever see that player? I hope so. I’m looking forward to seeing him Sunday. 

A big, slow WR combined with 2 TE's on the field at the same time is not fine in 2020.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

A big, slow WR combined with 2 TE's on the field at the same time is not fine in 2020.

If the big, slow WR can’t make plays downfield then I agree. 

34 minutes ago, MediterraneanDiet said:

He'll play.  But how much will his thumb impact his ability to contribute in the passing game is my query?  I'm thinking its not fully healthy, flexible, pain free when catching/holding onto the ball until the end of the month 

He had surgery on it, I’m guessing to speed up the process 

The Chiefs proved in the Super Bowl how important speed is at WR. How often does the team with the inferior offensive and defensive line win football games? They beat the 49ers because they had a better QB and faster WRs. 

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The Chiefs proved in the Super Bowl how important speed is at WR. How often does the team with the inferior offensive and defensive line win football games? They beat the 49ers because they had a better QB and faster WRs. 

Hmmm .... their last 3 TDs in the Super Bowl were scored by their TE and RB, and that RB should have been Super Bowl MVP, but okay 

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Hmmm .... their last 3 TDs in the Super Bowl were scored by their TE and RB, and that RB should have been Super Bowl MVP, but okay 

And the Chiefs team speed at WR didn’t help at all... But okay 

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Messed up if it were another team but F the Saints

4 hours ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Pryor's the Right guard? 

Doug didn't want to say who officially is starting. Just said that they have options

4 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Wentz seemed pretty high on Hightower in his PC earlier. I'll be curious to see how they work him in on Sunday. They can do a lot of fun stuff with him and DeSean on the field at the same time. 

Isn't Wentz high on everyone?

34 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

And the Patriots won in 2018 by scoring 13 points so it proves defense wins Super Bowls? But wait, the Eagles won in 2017 despite giving up 33. 

The whole "________ proves how important ________ is by winning the Super Bowl” tends to be pretty lazy. There are a lot of ways to win. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Is he related to bubba franks former packer tight end? Cause that would make me feel really old. 

35 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

And the Chiefs team speed at WR didn’t help at all... But okay 

You’re being over-simplistic in your assertion.  The Chiefs offense is potent because they can attack a defense at all depths and any spot on the field — top 3 TE, strong RB, and WR depth — as well as a top 3 head coach and play caller.  It all plays a part.

Lots of big WRs have been good deep threats. There are historical examples (Plaxico Bureess) to modern examples (Mike Williams, Kenny Golladay). Big WRs with average speed can make it work. Average being the key word.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Lots of big WRs have been good deep threats. There are historical examples (Plaxico Bureess) to modern examples (Mike Williams, Kenny Golladay). Big WRs with average speed can make it work. Average being the key word.

I remember this one big receiver caught a deep touchdown in the Super Bowl recently, gosh what’s his name, who did he play for, God it’s just not coming to me

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Richard Rodgers and TY McGill were brought in for visits, so that’s underwhelming. 

Franks did not ring a bell.  Turns out he was a UDFA in 2018 for the bungles and actually got off the PS for a short ride and some playing time.  Unimpressive in college for UCF.  Started off as a freshman as a LB, as a sophomore moved to S and then TE.   IIRC, UCF actually have TEs block in the run game.   Pro day ran a 4.61 forty and a decent shuttle.  240 so he’s bigger than Perkins and faster too. Seems sort of bottom of the barrel.  They brought in Rodgers just to piss off E45 because he is sooooo slow.

Why in the world bring back McGill even for a visit. To tell him if they suffer serious injuries, bring up Williams and then can’t poach Rush off of Seattle’s PS or Bruce Hector or Huggins off of whatever PSs they are on, that the Eagles might give him a call?

Archived