EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

It's go time!

How bad will the offensive line play be?  Will Lane, Barnett, Sanders, and Hargrave be ready Week 1?  When do Parks and Reagor return?  How much worse will the injuries get?  Does Alshon play a snap for us this season?  How does the offensive scheme change?  Will the D line deliver?  Does Slay solve any problems in the secondary?  How much will we miss Jenkins?

4e2ljc.jpg

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

I predict Barnett will still suck for the duration of this thread. 

Now we can begin.

Just now, Shocker54 said:

Yo I'm just ready to essplode and create with the freshest hot take dis season you know. Damn smh

And it would be wasted because nobody would know what the heck you’re talking about

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Pay JP his money, do not want to trust Wentz's blindside to Pryor.

They'd still need someone to come in when Peters takes himself out or when he gets dinged up

2 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

And yo posts be waste cuz days can see dem on ESP or McLane twitters 5 hour priors. Damn smh

If I was stuck on a desert island for the rest of my life and had to choose between reading your posts and listening to Nickelback, I would really start loving those Canadians

Wow, yes it's New Mexico State, so waiting on seeing this kid against NFL speed, but Jason Huntley's highlight reel is impressive. That kid knows how to find space in the open field. 

Is he our Kick Returner week one? 

Unpopular opinion...

A line of Glenn-Seumalo-Kelce-Peters-Johnson is still above average. We've been generally spoiled during the Stoutland years with 4 Pro Bowl caliber starters most seasons.

Caveat -- This opinion is contingent on Glenn not weighing 400 lbs right now.

Season prediction:  19-0.  Hightower offensive ROY.  Wentz MVP.  Doug: Coach of the year.  Sweat Defensive Player of the Year.

Im guessing this didnt happen and is dead but I just saw a rumor from a day ago that seems to indicate there was going to be an Alshon for Ahkello Witherspoon trade.

Man I know Ahkello hasnt been consistent but Id have loved it. I was a big fan and as a #2 I think hes far better than what we have had. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im guessing this didnt happen and is dead but I just saw a rumor from a day ago that seems to indicate there was going to be an Alshon for Ahkello Witherspoon trade.

Man I know Ahkello hasnt been consistent but Id have loved it. I was a big fan and as a #2 I think hes far better than what we have had. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/139487-lynch-denies-report-looked-trading-ahkello-witherspoon-discussion/

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Outside-inside versatility seems to be a sticking point right now at CB. I'd imagine Witherspoon at 6'3 would be ill-suited to the slot. Counterpoint, of course, is that NRC would likely be a disaster on the outside so maybe they're just talking out their asses, I don't know.

Archived