Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

Actually looks like there will be another spinoff in addition to the Daryl and Carol one.  

Is it just them by themselves?

I'd actually like a show of only 2 people traveling in a zombie apocalypse. It might make the story easier if it's only 2. Difficult to F up that

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a kind of trailer during the game

They really brought Maggie back. Stupid decision

I couldn't remember what happened 6 months ago and there wasn't a recap so half the ep was me trying to remember who half the randoms were

• Haha 1

Thought it was a great episode, honestly.  Didn't watch the new one that came on right after though, will check that out tonight I think

• Like 2

Yeah I thought it was a great finale. The line negan said about beta "do you know who that was” was great.  The dollar store storm troopers look like bad people.  And the ninja chick (I’m assuming it’s a chick) with maggie is bad a**.  The new michone.......unless..... 

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Yeah I thought it was a great finale. The line negan said about beta "do you know who that was” was great.  The dollar store storm troopers look like bad people.  And the ninja chick (I’m assuming it’s a chick) with maggie is bad a**.  The new michone.......unless..... 

I stopped watching most talking dead 1-2 seasons ago and gave up on fear right around the time Morgan joined the cast... from what I understand, maybe both of those programs mentioned Beta as being some big deal rock musician? 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I stopped watching most talking dead 1-2 seasons ago and gave up on fear right around the time Morgan joined the cast... from what I understand, maybe both of those programs mentioned Beta as being some big deal rock musician? 

He was some kind of folk/country singer on the show 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

He was some kind of folk/country singer on the show 

Correct.  Chris Gaines I think was the name.  He also wears the shirt of his best friend who was seen in pictures with him and although unconfirmed I think k the mask he wears is his friend from the pictures - I believe that’s why he’s pissed when his face gets torn and he stitches it back up with Alphas true face so he can keep wearing it.

B50E9902-6765-4569-862C-BD4E9D9A93C5.jpeg

A7920F44-943B-475C-BED4-AF6DBF2D1E41.jpeg

i enjoyed the ep....but it seemed kind of easy for them 

Spoiler

to defeat the whisperers...and then lead a gigantic hoard of walkers off a cliff. oh well...it's a show about zombies. 

Walking Dead:  World Beyond - early thoughts are, it's terrible :lol: I'll probably watch though, because I'm so invested in this stupid world, why the hell not?

• Like 1

Just now, heyeaglefn said:

Ratings hit series low for the finale.  

i think they did a really poor job of promoting it. i didn't even realize it was on until later sunday night when i noticed it recording. 

28 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i think they did a really poor job of promoting it. i didn't even realize it was on until later sunday night when i noticed it recording. 

It didn't even record it on my end. Recorded the "pop up video" re-air of episode 15 from last spring. Thankfully I hit the guide during NFL commercial or halftime and set the re-airing at 1am or so to record and watched it last night after work ended. 

In the comic, Beta was a basketball player. I kind of wished they did a quick flashback showing him at a concert or something regarding his past life. But I didn't really mind him finding old records of his music.

5 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Walking Dead:  World Beyond - early thoughts are, it's terrible :lol: I'll probably watch though, because I'm so invested in this stupid world, why the hell not?

I thought world beyond was good. It adds a new perspective and the fact we now know more about crm and who they are is interesting.  We know that Rick is with crm, right? So to see them come in and kill and entire peaceful unthreatening colony for reasons unknown is interesting. Was Rick behind that?  We’ll find out.  We also know there are groups in Portland - probably Antifa 😆 and Omaha...well, not anymore.  

17 minutes ago, DBW said:

I thought world beyond was good. It adds a new perspective and the fact we now know more about crm and who they are is interesting.  We know that Rick is with crm, right? So to see them come in and kill and entire peaceful unthreatening colony for reasons unknown is interesting. Was Rick behind that?  We’ll find out.  We also know there are groups in Portland - probably Antifa 😆 and Omaha...well, not anymore.  

The story was interesting enough - the teenagers were annoying.  As are most teenagers :lol: 

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

The story was interesting enough - the teenagers were annoying.  As are most teenagers :lol: 

ugh...i have it recorded but if it's focused on teens, i'm out. i'll be rooting for the walkers after the first 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ugh...i have it recorded but if it's focused on teens, i'm out. i'll be rooting for the walkers after the first 5 minutes. 

:lol: Yeah the whole premise is 4 teenagers leave the safety of their colony cause they wanna "see what's out there".  Oh and they think their Dad might be in danger or something.

34 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

:lol: Yeah the whole premise is 4 teenagers leave the safety of their colony cause they wanna "see what's out there".  Oh and they think their Dad might be in danger or something.

Yeah they "traded” their scientist dad to the crm in exchange for protection, education, and training.  Their dad is now in danger and they’re going to go to him. But she told them New York State which is obviously a lie.  

There’s a couple older cast members so it’s not completely teens.  they’re also training in combat so it shouldn’t be a bunch of whiny beaches.  But who knows...I’ll give it time

19 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

wow...i tried watching it last night but could only last about 10 minutes. dramatic, chick music playing while teens make bad decisions in a zombie apocalypse..i just couldn't. :lol:  it looked really, really bad....and i usually stick with every crappy sci-fi show.