Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

9 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've tried binging Fear the Walking Dead, I got up to the middle of season 2 where they're on a boat. I gave it a try but just not into it. Does it get any better or worth watching? I know from seeing ads that Dwight and Morgan end up on the show at some point. But so far it's boring and I don't care about any of the characters. 

I gave up at the end of season 2 or 3 I think... the daughter is hawt and Tom Riddle was solid, but outside of them I didn't care to watch most anyone else. I guess the black dude was cool at times and the latino dad with the secret background of badassery was okay, but it just felt like a bore to watch. I think I saw Morgan make an appearance with a bunch of randos (maybe that charlize theron lookalike chick was in the show?) but I want to say my quitting point was the second episode after he arrived. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I've tried binging Fear the Walking Dead, I got up to the middle of season 2 where they're on a boat. I gave it a try but just not into it. Does it get any better or worth watching? I know from seeing ads that Dwight and Morgan end up on the show at some point. But so far it's boring and I don't care about any of the characters. 

Unless you’re hardcore into the TWDU, I would say it’s not worth it. I keep watching only because I’ve heavily invested and I know at some point it’ll all come together.  Most people I know never even got into fear, nobody watches the high school musical dead, and viewership of TWD is like 1/3 of what it was 3 seasons ago.   So I guess it depends on how much you care about how all of it ties together. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

The season on the indian reservation or whatever it was was pretty good.  The rest are nothing special.  I'm about to give up on it.  When it feels like a chore to watch, it's time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well….they did not stop crazy teddy. He was able to launch 1 of the nukes containing 10 warheads.  Destination unknown. They’re all gonna die.  crap just got real! 

15 hours ago, DBW said:

Well….they did not stop crazy teddy. He was able to launch 1 of the nukes containing 10 warheads.  Destination unknown. They’re all gonna die.  crap just got real! 

I mostly glided through this season by reading this thread, reviews, and what I caught up on demand.  Is this worth watching then?   I have 1 ep to go before last nights.

2 hours ago, DiPros said:

I mostly glided through this season by reading this thread, reviews, and what I caught up on demand.  Is this worth watching then?   I have 1 ep to go before last nights.

Not really. The season moved so slow. Not much happened in terms of the overall story and TDW universe.  This week and the finale are all you really need to see to get caught up.  

Thank you for everyone who posts updates on the episodes. I've watched both (TWD/FTWD) since their creation but couldn't muster up the intestinal fortitude to stick it out. Hopefully the stay puffed marshmellow man appears and eats everyone to end the franchise :towel:

This recap video spared me, and confirmed I was right to stop watching.  A beer bottle hot air balloon?  :lol:

• Haha 1

Holy crap! They actually followed through on this nuke the planet course.  Nukes fell, annihilated a lot of crap. Some people died.  A lot of the main characters were able to take shelter. Some were rescued by the choppers of the commonwealth and I’m assuming we’ll see them reunited with Rick and TWD cast as they bring all these series to a close.  But I can’t believe they didn’t pull a "just kidding the nukes weren’t really loaded.”  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well, i am catching up. just started watching season 10 and i am on episode 3. good so far. the beach crew is cool i guess. 

Me too.   I started S10 E1. I’d rather watch it all together than staying up late  on a Sunday after a football game one episode at a time. But I’ll try. Like that I am able to watch it again.  Commercial free and at my leisure.  

• Like 1

Watched season 10 last week when it hit Netflix.  A mix of some good things, some boring and some really bad.  Odd choice to go to 22 episodes and then close out the season with filler episodes rather than a big finale.  However, I don't mind scaling the story down to focus on characters and what they have to do next.  It was too much of the same plot with just defeating one villain and another shows up right away.  They sort of did this with the Reapers but only really teased them.  

It didn't make sense that the Whisperers were such a formidable opponent but then defeated easily.  And if all it takes to take care of a giant herd is a truck with speakers blaring music then how are hordes ever a threat?  How did these Whisperers keep getting food and staying in a small area and not interact with Maggie's group or the Reapers which apparently were like a day's walk away.  I know, I know, a comic book about zombies.

Negan is the most interesting character and him trying to redeem himself while still being a gray character with potential for evil can work.  That one scene with Alpha though.  Bruuuuuh.  

Not sure why they barely had Michonne in the season.  Also not sure why they keep writing these bad arse survivors who should be wiser, smarter and know better into falling for stupid traps.  Carol's own daughter became a zombie, she shot a child serial killer and went all Rambo on people in the past.  But her adopted son gets killed that she knew for a minute and she's paralyzed by that? 

They are struggling to find a star with Rick gone.  They should have kept Carl alive to take a leadership role and continue his growth from child of the early apocalypse to survivor and leader.   I almost just want Negan to take over at this point.  Carol should have gone back with him and Alpha's head and then turmoil in the group as the newer people or those tired of living in fear embrace Negan and those who knew him from before don't trust him.

The Princess and Storm troopers were just awful.  And so are the episodes with hallucinations/visions of a dead character still talking to people.  That device is so overdone in TV and no one wants to keep seeing these dead characters talk someone to waste filler for most of the episode.  Ooh Carol chasing a rat and trying to make soup? Riveting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

finished season 10 - it was ..... ok. def looking forward to this series ending.

ending...then leading to a Rick movie, a Carol/Daryl spinoff, a Michonne spinoff, a Whisperers prequel movie, a Negan spinoff show...they're gonna keep milking it.  :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

ending...then leading to a Rick movie, a Carol/Daryl spinoff, a Michonne spinoff, a Whisperers prequel movie, a Negan spinoff show...they're gonna keep milking it.  :lol:

oh no doubt they will. 

I thought I was way behind on this and was going to give up. Turns out I just need to finish the last half of last season lol

The last couple of seasons were at least better than the couple prior, but it never made sense to me how they couldn't defeat the small group of Whisperers who lived in the woods and barely had food or weapons, but defeated Negan and the Saviors.  Then all they had to do was use the same method to disguise themselves as zombies (they've covered themselves in blood and guts before to blend in) and sneak up and take out the Whisperers one by one, while distracting the herd with noise on a carriage.  Took them way too long to figure that out.  I guess they really miss Rick.

Also, why isn't every location they've had for years fortified better with traps, moats, etc. to fend off hordes?  

They ruined this show with too many characters and trying to tell too many stories at once.  What made it so good in the beginning was that they were all together working, fighting, planning, suffering.  Now, you may go weeks without seeing the best characters or have them interact together.  Oddly, they are taking the same stupid model with Fear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

They ruined this show with too many characters and trying to tell too many stories at once.  What made it so good in the beginning was that they were all together working, fighting, planning, suffering.  Now, you may go weeks without seeing the best characters or have them interact together.  Oddly, they are taking the same stupid model with Fear.

Last season they had to tell some origin stories and send people on side missions because of covid protocols with filming.  This season should bring a lot of them back on screen together.  But they were always pretty clear about there being a much larger universe and various groups out there.  You can go 11 seasons working herschels farm and taking occasional runs to the pharmacy for bandaids and pregnancy tests.  

3 hours ago, DBW said:

Last season they had to tell some origin stories and send people on side missions because of covid protocols with filming.  This season should bring a lot of them back on screen together.  But they were always pretty clear about there being a much larger universe and various groups out there.  You can go 11 seasons working herschels farm and taking occasional runs to the pharmacy for bandaids and pregnancy tests.  

Last season is the only way to explain away how convoluted the character relationships have become, but that trend started in earlier seasons.  To me, that seems to mostly be tied to quality "second level" character count.  Thankfully, they removed two premier characters in Dwight and Morgan.  The source material just didn't fit as well to TV.   

I like the show and have watched every single one on the day it came out.  I just think the universe "got too big" and the show lost some charm by trying to explain it all.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Last season is the only way to explain away how convoluted the character relationships have become, but that trend started in earlier seasons.  To me, that seems to mostly be tied to quality "second level" character count.  Thankfully, they removed two premier characters in Dwight and Morgan.  The source material just didn't fit as well to TV.   

I like the show and have watched every single one on the day it came out.  I just think the universe "got too big" and the show lost some charm by trying to explain it all.

Yeah I absolutely agree with that. I didn’t start watching until season 5 and then I binged it all up until that point. I think right around the time they got to the prison maybe, If my memory is correct.  Once they killed off the Governor and started into diving more and more groups of bad people and bringing in other secondary characters it watered down so much of the good it had going.  But to stretch it to 10-11 seasons they had to.  Gardening at a prison is only going to last so long.  The negan introduction was bad ass.  I didn’t love his arc so much once Rick left.  He got some redemption and then last season JDM nailed the origin story and it really retroactively painted his picture in a whole new light.  Maggie being back is ok but lauren Cohen is such a bad actor 😂  I’m looking forward to the return of Rick and wrapping up this part of the universe.  Fear and the high school dead should tie in as well, if they do it right and don’t go all game Of thrones with it.  

10 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It was ruined for me once they had the main group who were over protected and survived impossible scenarios. Then they tried over correcting killing off Carl, writing off Rick, etc. It was best when people died and it meant something. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was ruined for me once they had the main group who were over protected and survived impossible scenarios. Then they tried over correcting killing off Carl, writing off Rick, etc. It was best when people died and it meant something. 

Not only that, they would be complete bad arses and survive impossible odds...then struggle with something basic. 

40 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Not only that, they would be complete bad arses and survive impossible odds...then struggle with something basic. 

Like when Rick was dating that abused mother, and her and her arsehole son got eaten in a massive herd invading Alexandria, and a team of like 6 main characters basically cleared out the equivalent of a concert venue? 

also, tonight the foursome in prison to from discussing the behaviors and relationships and ailments of the guards… to magically transporting outside of the cages and into the suits or armor?!? :roll: 

• Haha 1