Wentz hurt? Sports Hernia?

Ipiggles

Sorry but it has to be said and I believe I said it on the last board: I really really want Carson to be the guy but it just doesn't look like it. I have said this the past two years that he is regressing and looking worse with each passing game....he may have turned it around last season but by then it was too late. He is in his fifth year and still making rookie mistakes. He locks on one target and doesn't go through the rest of his progressions. He takes very unnecessary sacks and I can't remember the last time he actually even ATTEMPTED to run. It just does not look like he is the one....he is actually frustrating to watch at this point. I say again, I really WANT him to be the guy and succeed but he is making it extremely hard to justify anything he does....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Here’s something all of us may need to realize. Everything about 2017 was more of a fluke than reality. Nearly everything Roseman did in 2017 came out perfect. Hardly anything he’s done since has worked. The coaching staff made all the right calls nearly every game. Not nearly the same since. Nick Foles had two of the best playoff performances I’ve even seen. He was never the same since. Wentz was looking like the league MVP, but now she’s barely a top 10 quarterback. For the record all those coaches who left after 2017 haven’t had nearly the same success either. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but 2017 looks less like the norm and more like lightning in a bottle with every year that passes. 

Yup, we just have to be glad it ended the way it did.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just curious. What were Carson’s two bad games last year? Was it the Atlanta game, the Patriots game, Seahawks game, the first Cowboys game, or the Dolphins game? On a side note he wasn’t very good in the Jets game, but they won. 

The regular season game vs Seattle stands out last year and the 2018 game vs NO. I don't feel the need to nitpick every non-stellar game a professional has --- especially in a team sport. But he does seem to have an occasional game where he gets frustrated and can't get out of his own head. Those are the games I'm talking about.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup, we just have to be glad it ended the way it did.

Agreed and they take away those wonderful memories. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is clearly speculation, but when it comes to Carson I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Same 

Just now, brkmsn said:

The regular season game vs Seattle stands out last year and the 2018 game vs NO. I don't feel the need to nitpick every non-stellar game a professional has --- especially in a team sport. But he does seem to have an occasional game where he gets frustrated and can't get out of his own head. Those are the games I'm talking about.

I can respect your stance, but for a guy who everyone wants to tell me is elite there are more than enough mediocre games under his belt to say otherwise. 

12 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Sorry but it has to be said and I believe I said it on the last board: I really really want Carson to be the guy but it just doesn't look like it. I have said this the past two years that he is regressing and looking worse with each passing game....he may have turned it around last season but by then it was too late. He is in his fifth year and still making rookie mistakes. He locks on one target and doesn't go through the rest of his progressions. He takes very unnecessary sacks and I can't remember the last time he actually even ATTEMPTED to run. It just does not look like he is the one....he is actually frustrating to watch at this point. I say again, I really WANT him to be the guy and succeed but he is making it extremely hard to justify anything he does....

At some point Carson was considered MVP of the league and now he's barely considered a top ten quarterback. In fact I've seen him as low as 15 in some places. I don't think some people realize how far a drop off that is. He's gone from the best PLAYER in the league to barley reaching the top ten in his own position. His own peers dropped him out of the top 100 players in football. He's was in the top five at one point. The Eagles pay him too much money for what they're getting from him at this point. He has to be better. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Here’s something all of us may need to realize. Everything about 2017 was more of a fluke than reality. Nearly everything Roseman did in 2017 came out perfect. Hardly anything he’s done since has worked. The coaching staff made all the right calls nearly every game. Not nearly the same since. Nick Foles had two of the best playoff performances I’ve even seen. He was never the same since. Wentz was looking like the league MVP, but now she’s barely a top 10 quarterback. For the record all those coaches who left after 2017 haven’t had nearly the same success either. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but 2017 looks less like the norm and more like lightning in a bottle with every year that passes. 

Wish theyd kept Foles and delt Wentz while he was hot. Could've got a lot for him. Wentz maybe better on paper & more athletic but Foles meshed better with the team.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Wish theyd kept Foles and delt Wentz while he was hot. Could've got a lot for him. Wentz maybe better on paper & more athletic but Foles meshed better with the team.

Wentz for three 1st round picks.  Foles gets a much smaller contract and the Eagles could have been a better team.  Probably no way to replicate the magic of 2017 in either case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can respect your stance, but for a guy who everyone wants to tell me is elite there are more than enough mediocre games under his belt to say otherwise. 

To be honest, I really don't care what other people's opinions are on a player's elite-ness. I have my own opinion and I'm fine with that. I don't expect players, especially QBs, to be playing their best football early in their careers. Over and over I've seen guys take years to really become the player they are capable of. I've seen enough things from Wentz to feel good about him getting to that point. San Diego gave up on Drew Brees after 5 years and I think it's fair to say that was a mistake. His 1st 3 years weren't great, but he seemed to break out his 4th season only to regress in his 5th. So many fans have these unreal expectations and believe that if you don't achieve a mythical #1 ranking at your position right out of the gate, that it means you never will. 

I never want to see players on my team stumble, but I never mind seeing how they respond. There was a lot of griping last year about the Eagles and Wentz, but they responded in a big way. People can diminish their effort all they like and say all the opponents were garbage but at the end of the season we were in the playoffs where your record is 0-0 and the teams that aren't 0-0 are done for the year. 

Wentz can be a good QB.  Pederson can be a good Offensive mind...........but after 5 years I'm coming around to the conclusion that it can't be with each other.  As soon as I saw none of the bigger backs were activated I felt the game would be a lost exercise.

Doug wants to throw and throw and throw.  Doesn't appreciate the value of + yards on first, slowing down a dominant DL with a banged up OL......none of that.  Doesn't care about keeping DCs honest in their approach.   With that kind of attitude, he needs a Brees.  Super accurate, touch, consistency.  Ability to read and move around individual defenders, top level field awareness and situational understanding.  Is not, nor ever will be Carson.  Sometimes, when gifted with a huge lead going into a half, you have to begin to manage games.  Is not, nor ever will be Wentz.  

To function optimally, he needs a system that incorporates a varied ground game, gets him on the move to stay in rhythm and basically doesn't demand that he carry an NFL offense with his arm.  Is not, nor ever will be Doug.

Not a bad player, or a bad coach.......but to me: an increasingly bad fit.  

• Like 2

I'm not judging Wentz on a day where the OLine is in shambles.  Chase Young and Kerrigan attacking a 7th round Rugby player should tell you the story.  

Carson needs to be better, but this is not a good offensive team right now.

1 hour ago, DBW said:

I said carson was locked into his first read all day.  This is a great example.  He’s staring down triple covered tight end here with nobody within 15 yards of djax.

this is absolutely insane.  Why do they let him go sit and look at the iPad by himself???  GET THE FING COACH OVER THERE and show him!  Oh wait, we fired the qb coach because nobody tells carson what to do.  He’s the greatest nfl mind since Peyton.  Gawd this pic makes me so mad. 

6650A455-A0E7-4F59-AA91-4FB36DAA4112.jpeg

We didn't fire the QB coach tho

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

To be honest, I really don't care what other people's opinions are on a player's elite-ness. I have my own opinion and I'm fine with that. I don't expect players, especially QBs, to be playing their best football early in their careers. Over and over I've seen guys take years to really become the player they are capable of. I've seen enough things from Wentz to feel good about him getting to that point. San Diego gave up on Drew Brees after 5 years and I think it's fair to say that was a mistake. His 1st 3 years weren't great, but he seemed to break out his 4th season only to regress in his 5th. So many fans have these unreal expectations and believe that if you don't achieve a mythical #1 ranking at your position right out of the gate, that it means you never will. 

I never want to see players on my team stumble, but I never mind seeing how they respond. There was a lot of griping last year about the Eagles and Wentz, but they responded in a big way. People can diminish their effort all they like and say all the opponents were garbage but at the end of the season we were in the playoffs where your record is 0-0 and the teams that aren't 0-0 are done for the year. 

I guess we all have our opinions of what elite is and meandering around 9 wins a year doesn’t make an elite quarterback in book, but to each his own.

4 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Not sure what happened with him today but something wasn't right after that 3rd or fourth drive. That first int was really weird to me because he knows you can't loft that throw, that needs to be on a rope to the sidelines. It was almost like he couldn't put anything on it. Then his accuracy just went to crap after that. The oline and lack of running game certainly didn't help and Doug didn't do them any favors with his play calling.  

They have 25 offensive coaches who couldn't understand how you offset the pass rush- like screens, draws, misdirection, etc. ALL of them decide "Keep dropping the QB straight back and let him get killed and make mistakes and turnovers. What say ye, offensive committee? All in favor, say aye!" All of them said "Aye!" Too many chiefs STILL could't stop the bleeding.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Missing throws high??   No, not Wentz!!  

Unless he suffered the sports hernia in 2016 and hasn’t had it fixed yet.  Yeah, that’s it.  

Damn sports hernia also causing him to hold on to the ball and take unnecessary sacks!  

All I kept thinking on those bombs was "McNabb would've hit that."

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We didn't fire the QB coach tho

Carson likes that guy so he’s okay. I guess if you don’t dare challenge the great one to get better then you’re safe. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson likes that guy so he’s okay. I guess if you don’t dare challenge the great one to get better then you’re safe. 

I'm just not understanding how he ended the year last year to starting the game off this year  that way to completely falling apart. I'm also not understanding why he is back to not seeing the whole field again. He did that that early last year but, then towards the end he was dropping dimes all over the field to piss poor players. 

Did not having good talent around him last year force him to see the whole field? Does having better players make him lock onto those better guys? 

I'm not gonna get to fired up about this game it's been a horrible bizarre year and it's hard to gage how anything will go right now. 

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm just not understanding how he ended the year last year to starting the game off this year  that way to completely falling apart. I'm also not understanding why he is back to not seeing the whole field again. He did that that early last year but, then towards the end he was dropping dimes all over the field to piss poor players. 

Did not having good talent around him last year force him to see the whole field? Does having better players make him lock onto those better guys? 

I'm not gonna get to fired up about this game it's been a horrible bizarre year and it's hard to gage how anything will go right now. 

Not for nothing but he beat up on three teams that basically quit last season and fired their coaches. Perhaps that late season run wasn’t as good as people made it out to be. He won a division basically cause no one else wanted to. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing but he beat up on three team that basically quit last season and fired their coaches. Perhaps that late season run wasn’t as good as people made it out to be. He won a division basically cause no one else wanted to. 

He is allowed to have a bad game but, the frustrating thing to me is his bad games are from doing the same reckless sheet over and over. 

Sadly it's just as simple as just living to get to the next down with limited damage. He just refuses to let a play die and move on to the next one.

I don't mind the being off on throws in the first game because even Mahommes on Thursday was dreadful the first half sailing passes over WRs heads all over the place. Difference is he limited the damage and survived to get to the second half and gather himself for the second half and took off from there. Wentz can't be out there letting that sheet snowball in one bad play after another because he doesn't want to give up on a play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He is allowed to have a bad game but, the frustrating thing to me is his bad games are from doing the same reckless sheet over and over. 

Sadly it's just as simple as just living to get to the next down with limited damage. He just refuses to let a play die and move on to the next one.

I don't mind the being off on throws in the first game because even Mahommes on Thursday was dreadful the first half sailing passes over WRs heads all over the place. Difference is he limited the damage and survived to get to the second half and gather himself for the second half and took off from there. Wentz can't be out there letting that sheet snowball in one bad play after another because he doesn't want to give up on a play. 

You can get away with that cowboy/hero type ball against bad football teams, but good coaches can find ways to beat that stuff. I think Carson’s best games last season were games where he managed the offense and didn’t try to be the hero. As soon as he tries to be that guy bad things happen. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

You can get away with that cowboy/hero type ball against bad football teams, but good coaches can find ways to beat that stuff. I think Carson’s best games last season were games where he managed the offense and didn’t try to be the hero. As soon as he tries to be that guy bad things happen. 

He tries to do it to.often , do that sheet when the game is on the line not when you up 17 on a crap team. 

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

His field awareness is garbo, if he hits a wide-open Djax here it's definitely a first down and likely a TD with his speed 

361c7db4-7d93-4e86-8313-f032a8730c4d.png

How the hell does he miss his wide open number 1 WR....always looking for the damn big play instead of moving the chains like Foles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He tries to do it to.often , do that sheet when the game is on the line not when you up 17 on a crap team. 

Nothing wrong with checking the ball down when you’re up in the game and you’re two fifths of your line never played in an NFL game before.