Wentz hurt? Sports Hernia?

Ipiggles

4 minutes ago, Regal_Eagle said:

Hurts was a healthy scratch

Then they had no desire to use the kid. Sure doesn’t sound like a gadget player to me. 

28 minutes ago, Birdman said:

His field awareness is garbo, if he hits a wide-open Djax here it's definitely a first down and likely a TD with his speed 

361c7db4-7d93-4e86-8313-f032a8730c4d.png

Could be why DJax looked pissed off all game. His field awareness is terrible. So many times we had open guys who could’ve had a first down but Wentz decides to throw a tougher pass down field for an incompletion. Just moves the chains. Do what Brady does, take what the defense gives you. 

• Like 3

Just now, Road to Victory said:

Could be why DJax looked pissed off all game. His field awareness is terrible. So many times we had open guys who could’ve had a first down but Wentz decides to throw a tougher pass down field for an incompletion. Just moves the chains. Do what Brady does, take what the defense gives you. 

Maybe that’s why some of his teammates anonymously have been critical of him to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then they had no desire to use the kid. Sure doesn’t sound like a gadget player to me. 

We certainly could’ve used a 2nd rounder on the field today. That was the problem I had with the pick. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didnt even think about that until you mentioned it....I was thinking good job Howie- draft a guy in the 2nd round who cant contribute today....but as I start wondering if Carson is really the QB- I am more convinced that Hurts is here to take over and that Taysom Hill dribble was all BS

Would be rather stupid to spend a 2nd round pick on a gadget guy

Maybe that’s why some of his teammates anonymously have been critical of him to begin with. 

I think I even saw Greg Ward kinda get pissed when the ball was like 10 feet over his head

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

We certainly could’ve used a 2nd rounder on the field today. That was the problem I had with the pick. 

I know right?  We could have had another Sidney Jones or JJAW or Eric Rowe out there ... that would have made a huge difference! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I know right?  We could have had another Sydney Jones or JJAW out there ... that would have made a huge difference! 

Ok, so we need a GM who knows talent too but that another conversation...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You go over to him on the sideline or in the locker room and hash it out with him face to face then and don't be an anonymous dope!

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I know right?  We could have had another Sidney Jones or JJAW or Eric Rowe out there ... that would have made a huge difference! 

Sounds like the issue might be who’s picking the players.

AF6AAF31-0511-4482-9921-9D3A82D2D321.jpeg

39 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t show this to @downundermike. He would swear that guy who’s 10 yards downfield and turned around would have teleported and picked it off so that’s why Carson didn’t throw it there. 😂

I'm not sure why there are so many fans making excuses for Carson to begin with, I mean it's not like McNabb got this preferential treatment...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, EaglesfanfromND said:

You go over to him on the sideline or in the locker room and hash it out with him face to face then and don't be an anonymous dope!

Maybe they did and he tuned them out. He didn’t seem like a guy who was ready to listen to anyone on that sideline today.

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

I'm not sure why there are so many fans making excuses for Carson to begin with, I mean it's not like McNabb got this preferential treatment...

Everyone has their reasons, but some of these guys just want to believe I guess. Ask some of them and they would swear Carson won the MVP already. 

11 minutes ago, Regal_Eagle said:

I didnt even think about that until you mentioned it....I was thinking good job Howie- draft a guy in the 2nd round who cant contribute today....but as I start wondering if Carson is really the QB- I am more convinced that Hurts is here to take over and that Taysom Hill dribble was all BS

Would be rather stupid to spend a 2nd round pick on a gadget guy

I think I even saw Greg Ward kinda get pissed when the ball was like 10 feet over his head

The site went down so it’s gone now, but like I posted before you can’t be considered an elite QB if on 3rd you miss this bad. 

D1B8B65F-EE89-47A0-85CC-5A6C62CD47FD.jpeg

• Like 1

Maybe they did and he tuned them out. He didn’t seem like a guy who was ready to listen to anyone on that sideline today.

I seriously doubt that because everything I know about him is just the opposite. He was clearly pissed with his own play today, that was obvious. But even if what you say has an ounce of truth then they need to go to the coaches. Going to the media is never an option!

1 minute ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

I seriously doubt that because everything I know about him is just the opposite. He was clearly pissed with his own play today, that was obvious. But even if what you say has an ounce of truth then they need to go to the coaches. Going to the media is never an option!

Carson admitted himself that there was some validity to what was being said about him. He’s human and he’s also coddled by the organization. 

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Clearly the hits took their toll on him today. He was definitely rattled out there. It’s almost inexplicable how quickly he turned. He went from throwing a touchdown to Goedert to throwing a pick and missing his next 6 passes. He needs to become mentally tougher. Of course it doesn’t help knowing his replacement is sitting on the sidelines waiting. 

Same goes for every player on the field.   Wentz was under a lot of pressure today but he tries to make every play into something, even when there is nothing there.   Some of those sacks were on him.  He started out sharp, but you really can't make up excuses for his second half performance.  A true elite QB would have not lost that game.

I said carson was locked into his first read all day.  This is a great example.  He’s staring down triple covered tight end here with nobody within 15 yards of djax.

this is absolutely insane.  Why do they let him go sit and look at the iPad by himself???  GET THE FING COACH OVER THERE and show him!  Oh wait, we fired the qb coach because nobody tells carson what to do.  He’s the greatest nfl mind since Peyton.  Gawd this pic makes me so mad. 

6650A455-A0E7-4F59-AA91-4FB36DAA4112.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DBW said:

I said carson was locked into his first read all day.  This is a great example.  He’s staring down triple covered tight end here with nobody within 15 yards of djax.

this is absolutely insane.  Why do they let him go sit and look at the iPad by himself???  GET THE FING COACH OVER THERE and show him!  Oh wait, we fired the qb coach because nobody tells carson what to do.  He’s the greatest nfl mind since Peyton.  Gawd this pic makes me so mad. 

It's in his DNA. He locks in a target and does not go through his progressions. I mean its been the issue last 2 years and this year the same. It looks like his mojo went off when he hurt his knee and Reich leaving

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DBW said:

unacceptable 

this pisses me off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

When I saw that play I felt like man this dude is just asking to get hurt. He does more things that cause his own injuries than I think people realize. 

He needs to be saved from himself

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

He needs to be saved from himself

It’s a tall order. You know what’s funny is everyone says Carson’s such an upstanding guy and for the most part I do believe he is, but it should be noted that Deflippo used to be hard on Carson and they Eagles never brought him back. Groh used to get on Carson and he got fired. It’s been 5 years and Carson’s still doing the same stuff. Anyone who dares challenge him gets ousted from the team. Frankly it seems to me like he has too much power for a guy whose never really won anything. Meanwhile they neuter the coach every way they can. 

2 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

By Halftime I had noticed that Wentz did not have his normal mobility, He was also missing throws high and they refused to move the pocket for him, even though the Line was decimated by injuries, and inexperienced. Under Pressure he had only two moves, Step up in the pocket or duck, he did not have the ability to display his normal usual athletic ability and he refused to move laterally. They did do a QB Sneak for 2 plus yards which was surprising, but that was it. 

Made me think that lower body injury he had last week is a sports hernia or something serious.

upper body injury....too stupid to throw the ball away when the play isn't there

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a tall order. You know what’s funny is everyone says Carson’s such an upstanding guy and for the most part I do believe he is, but it should be noted that Deflippo used to be hard on Carson and they Eagles never brought him back. Groh used to get on Carson and he got fired. It’s been 5 years and Carson’s still doing the same stuff. Anyone who dares challenge him gets ousted from the team. Frankly it seems to me like he has too much power for a guy whose never really won anything. Meanwhile they neuter the coach every way they can. 

Never was a believer in Groh but seems increasingly obvious that the staff in 17 had something figured out that we've failed miserably to replicate since. 

But bottom line is if you can't accept criticism in any line of work you're almost destined to fail

2 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Never was a believer in Groh but seems increasingly obvious that the staff in 17 had something figured out that we've failed miserably to replicate since. 

But bottom line is if you can't accept criticism in any line of work you're almost destined to fail

Here’s something all of us may need to realize. Everything about 2017 was more of a fluke than reality. Nearly everything Roseman did in 2017 came out perfect. Hardly anything he’s done since has worked. The coaching staff made all the right calls nearly every game. Not nearly the same since. Nick Foles had two of the best playoff performances I’ve even seen. He was never the same since. Wentz was looking like the league MVP, but now she’s barely a top 10 quarterback. For the record all those coaches who left after 2017 haven’t had nearly the same success either. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but 2017 looks less like the norm and more like lightning in a bottle with every year that passes.