Wentz hurt? Sports Hernia?

Ipiggles

On 9/14/2020 at 2:23 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I have to be honest... Would it be a bad thing? Play Hurts and let's see what we have there. I love Wentz and I'm still not out on him but I'm out on this team. This is a bad football team. Time to rebuild for the future. 

So after one game, you want to bench the recently paid franchise QB for a rookie "to see what we have"?  Seems like a bit of an overreaction. The only benefit I see to it would be to extend Wentz's career over getting destroyed behind that OLine.  

Sometimes, I can't tell if you are serious or if your role is to just throw out "Wizdum" daily to stoke up the natives. 

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So after one game, you want to bench the recently paid franchise QB for a rookie "to see what we have"?  Seems like a bit of an overreaction. The only benefit I see to it would be to extend Wentz's career over getting destroyed behind that OLine.  

Sometimes, I can't tell if you are serious or if your role is to just throw out "Wizdum" daily to stoke up the natives. 

Umm did I say bench him? Think you'll find I did not!

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm did I say bench him? Think you'll find I did not!

So how do you play Hurts and "see what we have" then?  Did you mean Hurts is going to transition to another position?  Some kind of two QB system?  At QB, there is just no way to "see what we have" without sending Carson to the bench.  Do you agree with that?

I agree with your post in most ways that the team is bad and needs a rebuild, but I don't understand the Hurts concept. I just want you to clarify how you see that plan going.

EDIT: Sorry, UK.  @nipples clarified for you that you are only stating that we should find out about Hurts if/when Wentz is injured.  That makes more sense,  if it is really what you meant. 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So how do you play Hurts and "see what we have" then?  Did you mean Hurts is going to transition to another position?  Some kind of two QB system?  At QB, there is just no way to "see what we have" without sending Carson to the bench.  Do you agree with that?

I agree with your post in most ways that the team is bad and needs a rebuild, but I don't understand the Hurts concept. I just want you to clarify how you see that plan going.

Did you totally miss the fact that this thread is about injury, and UK was clearly talking about Hurts going in if Wentz was injured?

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

Did you totally miss the fact that this thread is about injury, and UK was clearly talking about Hurts going in if Wentz was injured?

LOL.  If you say so.

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

You mean the fact that this thread alludes to a fictitious injury?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The thing is we were up against garbage down the stretch last year, plus Wentz favourite receiver since he arrived has been Zach Ertz and he was available throughout.

The last decent opponents we faced regular season last year were Seattle and New England and Wentz stunk in both.

Just for reference, Ertz sat out with a Rib injury for 2 games I believe down the stretch, Got hurt in the first QTR of the Dallas game. 

38 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You mean the fact that this thread alludes to a fictitious injury?

Fictitious?   You may wish to look up the definition of that.

He missed an entire week of training camp and the last scrimmage because of his "fictitious" injury. 

5 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Just for reference, Ertz sat out with a Rib injury for 2 games I believe down the stretch, Got hurt in the first QTR of the Dallas game. 

Ertz played at least 74% of offensive snaps every game until the last game of the season so we're both wrong, but my overall point stands, Wentz principle receivers his entire 4 years here are the TE's and Slot guy. He still had Goedert against the Giants and Ward was making a decent go at playing slot

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Fictitious?   You may wish to look up the definition of that.

He missed an entire week of training camp and the last scrimmage because of his "fictitious" injury. 

lol. Wentz was held out because Doug fears injuries and would rather risk losing early in the season (and we usually do) due to lack of preparation than be blamed for allowing an injury to happen. The "tightness" was not serious and this thread is implying that it is worse than they let on and the source of all the problems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Ertz played at least 74% of offensive snaps every game until the last game of the season so we're both wrong, but my overall point stands, Wentz principle receivers his entire 4 years here are the TE's and Slot guy. He still had Goedert against the Giants and Ward was making a decent go at playing slot

Nah man he was out one entire game - at least.  How short your memory is.  I know he missed the Last Giants game altogether

Here is the link to the game book. 

https://www.nflgsis.com/2019/REG/17/58151/Gamebook.pdf

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

lol. Wentz was held out because Doug fears injuries and would rather risk losing early in the season (and we usually do) due to lack of preparation than be blamed for allowing an injury to happen. The "tightness" was not serious and this thread is implying that it is worse than they let on and the source of all the problems. 

LOL- yeah ok, with the way this team handles injuries. LMFAO. It's like you forget the Hollins syndrome, DOug states he will play on a Wednesday and by Friday he was on Injured reserve. This team doesn't tell you anything.  He was injured. And I believe he still is, because why else would Doug not move the pocket, call some roll outs, Why wouldn't Wentz slide and move in the pocket like he normally does? Sometimes he moves out of the pocket on his own.   He had two moves on Sunday, Step up in the pocket or Duck. Thats not his normal game. . 

35 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Nah man he was out one entire game - at least.  How short your memory is.  I know he missed the Last Giants game altogether

Here is the link to the game book. 

https://www.nflgsis.com/2019/REG/17/58151/Gamebook.pdf

Sorry my post was badly worded but I did say he played every game until the last game, so we're agreeing.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

EDIT: Sorry, UK.  @nipples clarified for you that you are only stating that we should find out about Hurts if/when Wentz is injured.  That makes more sense,  if it is really what you meant. 👍

Yes that is what I meant. If Wentz is injured then let's see what we have in Hurts. That's based on the title of this thread. But I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that Carson is actually hurt so seems like this one is pretty dead in the water. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No it's not Wentz is basically in the middle of the pack. He does have those times that makes you think he is horrific with it and he can be. 

I guess just chalk it up to brain farts and missed OL assignments at times? Not trying to read too much into it because this was like the entire pre-season in 1 game in my opinion it's just live and it counts.

Just now, judunno said:

I guess just chalk it up to brain farts and missed OL assignments at times? Not trying to read too much into it because this was like the entire pre-season in 1 game in my opinion it's just live and it counts.

Agreed, to difficult to gage what the real problems are after one game with hardly any off-season to train or get a little but of love action or the joint practices with other teams

52 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, to difficult to gage what the real problems are after one game with hardly any off-season to train or get a little but of love action or the joint practices with other teams

how do you as a GM allow that oline to get into this situation ? 

6 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

In fairness... What's he supposed to have done on that front? He drafted a LT last year. He's used mid and late round picks to give Stoutland (this supposed messiah) players to develop. And a couple of years ago he brought in the best RG in the NFL. 

Given the team had a top 3 OL what was he supposed to do? Spend high round picks on more OL to play as back up for a few years?

10 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

Who knows, stoutland has signed off on the play of most of these guys though. 

10 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

LOL- yeah ok, with the way this team handles injuries. LMFAO. It's like you forget the Hollins syndrome, DOug states he will play on a Wednesday and by Friday he was on Injured reserve. This team doesn't tell you anything.  He was injured. And I believe he still is, because why else would Doug not move the pocket, call some roll outs, Why wouldn't Wentz slide and move in the pocket like he normally does? Sometimes he moves out of the pocket on his own.   He had two moves on Sunday, Step up in the pocket or Duck. Thats not his normal game. . 

Okay, obviously then Wentz has a sports hernia and needs surgery really bad. There's no way our play design had anything to do with starting  a RG and RT with no NFL experience (the latter not even having the benefit of a preseason game). It had nothing to do with starting a rookie WR in his first game on one side. It had nothing to do with having to rely only on our backup RBs all game. It had nothing to do with Kelce's game uncertainty due to the covid testing protocols . It had nothing to do with Peters moving back to LT after spending the entire camp at RG. It had nothing to do with Pryor's mysterious disappearance after practicing all camp with the 1st team. It had nothing to do with washington's defense using a "spy" on Wentz while still chalking up 8 sacks. It had nothing to do with overall game preparation. Wentz needs an MRI  !!!11!

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, Ipiggles said:

Why would you want a team honest about injuries.  The patriots are not prone to divulge everything.  Grow up the Eagles lost.  Next week will be better.  Long season.  Would rather win in the end.

If Wentz was hurt even a little, it would be front page news. They wouldn't be able to hide it from the Philly dog reporters this long. Here is a clue- Wentz would have missed practices. He has not. He isn't hurt. If it turns out you are right and I am wrong, I will be happy to come back here and eat my plate of crow in front of the message board peeps.