Wentz hurt? Sports Hernia?

Ipiggles

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because seems like is the majority of the time. He rarely hits guys in stride.

That’s what people don’t want to admit. More often than not receivers have to jump for Carson passes especially when he reverts back to his trash mechanics. 

• Like 2

If he does have a nagging injury, trade him. Take the cap hit. We can't keep doing this.

If he doesn't, get in his ear and tell him to fix this. You don't pay a guy $130 million for some BS excuses why he can't make high school level passes consistently.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 7:48 AM, nipples said:

At this point I think there are two issues, and they are both mental. 

1. It’s becoming apparent that Wentz has an ego that doesn’t allow him to react positively to criticism. When he had Reich and Flip coaching him up, his mechanics were much better. Those guys challenged him instead of coddling him. We’ve all heard the rumors of him not getting along with Flip, probably because he was hard on him, but it’s pretty clear that he needs that "tough love” because he is not the same QB when he doesn’t have it. 

The second part, is I just think he is mentally fragile. He struggled after Foles won everyone over and was lingering in the background. Now the team drafts Hurts (which I’m now starting to think was a good decision), and it’s like he’s got that same insecurity that he did when he had Foles sitting behind him. 

I know this is all pure speculation, but sometimes I wonder if Wentz really IS a leader on this team in the sense that his teammates buy into him and play hard for him. If a guy is being coddled, doesn't respond well to constructive criticism, and "fights" the process with his body language, it can project considerable negativity despite "saying the right things" at practice or to the media or in the team room. Guys can spot a disingenuous personality and those aren't exactly the kind of "leaders' who inspire you to play harder when adversity is mounting. You can refute everything I say here with past performances by this team and some of Carson's heroics last year, but I just get a weird vibe from this team that there is a lack of cohesion around Wentz and that he does not elicit alot of support from teammates when he is not playing well. We've seen this before: team performs as if they are disinterested, then backup comes in and team suddenly turns on the switch and lights it up because they believe in the guy under center. I'm reaching, but I just can't explain the odd sense of apathy and disinterest these guys seem to have in the game right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

If he does have a nagging injury, trade him. Take the cap hit. We can't keep doing this.

If he doesn't, get in his ear and tell him to fix this. You don't pay a guy $130 million for some BS excuses why he can't make high school level passes consistently.

First, If he has an injury, he won’t clear a physical and couldn’t be traded.  Second, his contract basically has a poison pill in it until 2022 making him virtually impossible to trade. 

The best move Eagles can make at this point is to fire Taylor, bring in a ball breaker as QB coach, and get a message through to Wentz.  Either get your sheet together, or become another in a long list of high ceiling, un-coachable divas littering the "coulda, shoulda, woulda” garbage can. 

I just don’t know if you can coach up dumb and obstinate.

15 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

I know this is all pure speculation, but sometimes I wonder if Wentz really IS a leader on this team in the sense that his teammates buy into him and play hard for him. If a guy is being coddled, doesn't respond well to constructive criticism, and "fights" the process with his body language, it can project considerable negativity despite "saying the right things" at practice or to the media or in the team room. Guys can spot a disingenuous personality and those aren't exactly the kind of "leaders' who inspire you to play harder when adversity is mounting. You can refute everything I say here with past performances by this team and some of Carson's heroics last year, but I just get a weird vibe from this team that there is a lack of cohesion around Wentz and that he does not elicit alot of support from teammates when he is not playing well. We've seen this before: team performs as if they are disinterested, then backup comes in and team suddenly turns on the switch and lights it up because they believe in the guy under center. I'm reaching, but I just can't explain the odd sense of apathy and disinterest these guys seem to have in the game right now. 

The moment Foles hoisted the Lomabardi and the MVP, Wentz was done in Philly.  It’s that simple.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe he is what he is. I still don’t see why people think that 2017 is the real Carson while ignoring 16, 18, and 19. 

There's not much of a mystery. They are all the real Carson Wentz. 2016 was his rookie year. 2018 was actually a pretty good year for him. 2019, was not as bad as people want to believe. Honestly, I think all the people dumping on him right now don't review history. They don't examine the careers of HOFers like Elway, Marino, Aikman or future HOFers like P. Manning and Brees. What you are seeing with Wentz so far is pretty typical of a young QB in his 1st 5 seasons. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

There's not much of a mystery. They are all the real Carson Wentz. 2016 was his rookie year. 2018 was actually a pretty good year for him. 2019, was not as bad as people want to believe. Honestly, I think all the people dumping on him right now don't review history. They don't examine the careers of HOFers like Elway, Marino, Aikman or future HOFers like P. Manning and Brees. What you are seeing with Wentz so far is pretty typical of a young QB in his 1st 5 seasons. 

Or he’s not anything like the guys you mentioned and he’s closer to Stafford, Pennington, Cousins and those ilk. Stop linking Carson to HOF quarterbacks. He’s not even close to that trajectory right now. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/10-carson-wentz-stats-wont-043634477.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or he’s not anything like the guys you mentioned and he’s closer to Stafford, Pennington, Cousins and those ilk. Stop linking Carson to HOF quarterbacks. He’s not even close to that trajectory right now. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/10-carson-wentz-stats-wont-043634477.html

First of all, I'll compare any player to any player I want. Second, It makes no sense to not see how a player measures up against the best. Who sets the bar?

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

First of all, I'll compare any player to any player I want. Second, It makes no sense to not see how a player measures up against the best. Who sets the bar?

Compare Wentz to HOF quarterbacks all you like. If you think he’s on that kind of trajectory at this time we’ll there’s nothing I can tell you. If you think the hot garbage you are seeing from him is HOF worthy well you have some woefully low standards. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Compare Wentz to HOF quarterbacks all you like. If you think he’s on that kind of trajectory at this time we’ll there’s nothing I can tell you. If you think the hot garbage you are seeing from him is HOF worthy well you have some woefully low standards. 

None of the players I mentioned are in "that" conversation based on their 1st 5 seasons. My point --- the one you constantly ignore, is that QBs are not usually "elite" early in their careers. It happens to a few, but that isn't the norm. The ones that become great (and get HOF recognition) learn and move on from their early failings. Will that happen with Wentz? None of us knows that answer. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

None of the players I mentioned are in "that" conversation based on their 1st 5 seasons. My point --- the one you constantly ignore, is that QBs are not usually "elite" early in their careers. It happens to a few, but that isn't the norm. The ones that become great (and get HOF recognition) learn and move on from their early failings. Will that happen with Wentz? None of us knows that answer. 

You could say he’s on a trajectory to obscurity as well. Every player you mentioned mentioned by their 5th season were highly established players. Carson has had one decent season really. The others were average to good. He has just as much (If not more) of a chance to be out of the league in a few years than considered a HOF player. Also stop acting as if Carson is some young kid. He’s in his 5th season and he’s 28 years old. This is literally the time he should be playing like a polished vet and not an upstart rookie making stupid mistakes. He might not be in the hall of fame, but he’s definitely in the hall of excuses. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

. He’s in his 5th season and he’s 28 years old. This is literally the time he should be playing like a polished vet and not an upstart rookie making stupid mistakes. 

He's 27. Aaron Rodgers is 36. Alex Smith is 36, Brees is 41. Brady is 43. McCown is 41. Philip Rivers is 38. Ben Roethlisberger is 38. P Manning played until he was 39. Elway 38. Marino 38. Favre 41. Steve Young 38. Cunningham 38. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but being 27 as a QB is still considered pretty young.

20 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He's 27. Aaron Rodgers is 36. Alex Smith is 36, Brees is 41. Brady is 43. McCown is 41. Philip Rivers is 38. Ben Roethlisberger is 38. P Manning played until he was 39. Elway 38. Marino 38. Favre 41. Steve Young 38. Cunningham 38. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but being 27 as a QB is still considered pretty young.

He’s 28 in December. My bad I aged him a few Months. He’s still in his 5th season making rookie mistake. Alex Smith is 36 and not even playing due to injuries and the kid out of Indy retired because of Injuries. Stick to Alex Smith type of expectations when it comes to Carson though. We would be lucky to get that much. Comparing Carson to HOF quarterbacks at a time where the only stat he leads the league in is interceptions. SMH.

I you think Carson is going to survive in the NFL to the age of 41 or olderbased of the reckless way he plays, the injuries he piles up, and his current lack of production you’re flat out of your mind. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:25 AM, EazyEaglez said:

He’s 28 in December. My bad I aged him a few Months. He’s still in his 5th season making rookie mistake. Alex Smith is 36 and not even playing due to injuries and the kid out of Indy retired because of Injuries. Stick to Alex Smith type of expectations when it comes to Carson though. We would be lucky to get that much. Comparing Carson to HOF quarterbacks at a time where the only stat he leads the league in is interceptions. SMH.

I you think Carson is going to survive in the NFL to the age of 41 or olderbased of the reckless way he plays, the injuries he piles up, and his current lack of production you’re flat out of your mind. 

I'm not sure Alex Smith type expectations are accurate there bud. Just purely in the sense that they are entirely different players. Carson is the kind of QB who can go out and win you games almost on his own, but he can just as likely go out and lose games. Alex Smith was always a safer QB, taking the safer option and turning the ball over less but he was also less likely to put the team on his back.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure Alex Smith type expectations are accurate there bud. Just purely in the sense that they are entirely different players. Carson is the kind of QB who can go out and win you games almost on his own, but he can just as likely go out and lose games. Alex Smith was always a safer QB, taking the safer option and turning the ball over less but he was also less likely to put the team on his back.

Alex Smith has done a good share of winning in this league. He’s also been to the Super Bowl. Carson averages 8 wins a season for his career, and so has Alex Smith. Both are fairly mobile in fact earlier in his career Smith moved around more than Wentz though that’s probably out for Smith now with age and that horrific injury. As far as protecting the ball Wentz is actually the safe player as he hasn’t had double digit interceptions since he was a rookie. The biggest problem Carson has turnover wise is his fumbles. 50 in less than five seasons is just unacceptable.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, Eldereagle1 said:

You are absolutely NOT reaching. Its something I have said in another thread. You just get the sense that the entire team rallied around Foles and WANTED to play for him...like I said before, Foles even after a bad series could be seen on the sidelines hyping up his teammates and keeping them upbeat. I have yet to see this from Wentz....his body language is completely different on the sidelines especially after a bad series.....I am in agreement with you on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1