Wentz hurt? Sports Hernia?

Ipiggles

On 9/15/2020 at 5:12 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So after one game, you want to bench the recently paid franchise QB for a rookie "to see what we have"?  Seems like a bit of an overreaction. The only benefit I see to it would be to extend Wentz's career over getting destroyed behind that OLine.  

Sometimes, I can't tell if you are serious or if your role is to just throw out "Wizdum" daily to stoke up the natives. 

He has become whiny about everything the last couple of years. Used to enjoy his posts but he cries about everything anymore all the way down too a 4th string running back. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He has become whiny about everything the last couple of years. Used to enjoy his posts but he cries about everything anymore all the way down too a 4th string running back. 

I didn't ask for Wentz to get benched! So I'm only allowed to speak my mind if it's all about positivity? I'm not allowed to say, as a fan, that I think this team is headed for a struggle based on the roster?

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm fine with the overreactive nature of a few, especially newer fans.  I've been aroind long enough to know its never as good or bad as it seems. 

It's too bad with UK though.  He used to be way more positive.  I struggle with understanding his bigger point most times and have just started asking for clarification to keep the confusion down.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'm fine with the overreactive nature of a few, especially newer fans.  I've been aroind long enough to know its never as good or bad as it seems. 

It's too bad with UK though.  He used to be way more positive.  I struggle with understanding his bigger point most times and have just started asking for clarification to keep the confusion down.

Completely agree. 

You know the Eagles aren’t saying Carson is hurt, but it sure doesn’t seem like the want to move him around much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You know the Eagles aren’t saying Carson is hurt, but it sure doesn’t seem like the want to move him around much. 

Just stop with the conspiracy crap. He's not hurt. He was moving around fine in warm-ups. The game plan was to simply make quick reads and get rid of the ball and to avoid taking bad sacks, unnecessary hits, and exposing himself to forced fumbles. He's just not playing as well as he can. 

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Just stop with the conspiracy crap. He's not hurt. He was moving around fine in warm-ups. The game plan was to simply make quick reads and get rid of the ball and to avoid taking bad sacks, unnecessary hits, and exposing himself to forced fumbles. He's just not playing as well as he can. 

Even on plays back in the day when the defense would blitz he use to spin and run around. He doesn’t look nearly as mobile as he used to be. I’m trying to give him so kind of benefit of doubt as to why he looks like hot garbage right now. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even on plays back in the day when the defense would blitz he use to spin and run around. He doesn’t look nearly as mobile as he used to be. I’m trying to give him so kind of benefit of doubt as to why he looks like hot garbage right now. 

He just isn't paying as well as he can. Sometimes that happens and a guy just has to play better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He just isn't paying as well as he can. Sometimes that happens and a guy just has to play better. 

So what does he need to do? We know that he can play at a high level so what does he need to do to get back there? Part of the issue seems to be mechanics which can't be corrected during the season really. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So what does he need to do? We know that he can play at a high level so what does he need to do to get back there? Part of the issue seems to be mechanics which can't be corrected during the season really. 

Decision making can be corrected. Timing can be corrected. Mistakes can be learned from. Those are things he can correct. Then there are things others can do that will help: Play-calling and adjustments in the game offensively need to improve, WRs need to be on the same page and learn how to get open (like Ertz) when the coverage is good or Wentz extends a play. Receivers need to limit drops and come down with  more of the catchable innacurate throws. 

We did see some improvement from week 1 to week 2 offensively. It's disappointing to be 0-2. There's still a long season to go and a lot more work to do to play our best football. I'm not worried when I see them get beat or outplayed. I'll worry when I see them quit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At this point I think there are two issues, and they are both mental. 

1. It’s becoming apparent that Wentz has an ego that doesn’t allow him to react positively to criticism. When he had Reich and Flip coaching him up, his mechanics were much better. Those guys challenged him instead of coddling him. We’ve all heard the rumors of him not getting along with Flip, probably because he was hard on him, but it’s pretty clear that he needs that "tough love” because he is not the same QB when he doesn’t have it. 

The second part, is I just think he is mentally fragile. He struggled after Foles won everyone over and was lingering in the background. Now the team drafts Hurts (which I’m now starting to think was a good decision), and it’s like he’s got that same insecurity that he did when he had Foles sitting behind him. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Decision making can be corrected. Timing can be corrected. Mistakes can be learned from. Those are things he can correct.

If he hasn't in 5 years then what makes us think he will now?

28 minutes ago, nipples said:

1. It’s becoming apparent that Wentz has an ego that doesn’t allow him to react positively to criticism. When he had Reich and Flip coaching him up, his mechanics were much better. Those guys challenged him instead of coddling him. We’ve all heard the rumors of him not getting along with Flip, probably because he was hard in him, but it’s pretty clear that he needs that "tough love” because he is not the same QB when he doesn’t have it. 

Without doubt this is playing a part in my mind. I've said it a few times in the last few days. Wentz needs someone to get on him and give him some tough love. Press Taylor may be a really bright young coach but he's not getting on Wentz. 

Back to the original point of this thread - Carson could be nursing an injury like a sports hernia following all those sacks against the Redskins. Could explain his poor accuracy and limited mobility.  

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he hasn't in 5 years then what makes us think he will now?

He has made progress in some areas. He had a great 2017. He had a rougher 2018 in wins and losses, but actually had a better rating and completion percentage despite having absolutely no deep threat the entire year. That was coming back from reconstructive knee surgery. That year was cut short with a stress fracture in his back. He returned from that in 2019. He started a bit slow in week 1, but finished that game with a 121 QB rating while finally having a deep threat to throw to again. Then ... D-Jax was gone and Hollins didn't pan out as an acceptable replacement. We had an unusually high amount of drops and all our starting WRs suffered freak injuries (that had nothing to do with a high throw). Eventually Wentz got used to playing with some of the guys that were left and he put together a nice run in the last 4 weeks. This year hasn't looked great through 2 weeks. In week 1, I saw a Wentz that was too excited to have multiple deep threats finally that he could throw to and he held the ball too long several times which compounded our deficiency on the O-line that week. What did he learn? He learned he has to get rid of the ball quicker. What did we see in week 2? Exactly that. 

Right now, I think Wentz misses Jeffery. I think he misses him more than many fans do. Jeffery is a savvy vet with freakish skills and Wentz has all the confidence in the world in him. He should be returning in a couple weeks. He'll likely lead our WRs in targets from the moment he returns through the end of the season. 

Finally, I just want to remind you that the Chargers gave up on Brees after 5 seasons because he appeared to regress. Before you dump on Wentz for "5 years" the least you could do is let him play his 5th year before acting like it's a disaster. Clearly, this isn't his best start, but he has already shown improvement from week 1 to week 2. The team is 0-2 and as much as some here may want to put all that on Wentz, I doubt any of those people can possibly be happy with our defense's performance vs the Rams. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, eggs said:

Back to the original point of this thread - Carson could be nursing an injury like a sports hernia following all those sacks against the Redskins. Could explain his poor accuracy and limited mobility.  

If he was nursing an injury, the team would have to report it and would be fined for not doing so. I think you'll see a more mobile Wentz in week 3. His confidence in the line should have returned and the offense needs to work some longer passes back into the game plan for obvious reasons. 

There's nobody saying Wentz hasn't struggled through these 1st 2 weeks. At some point, though, when your QB is struggling, other players need to step up on offense. After a costly fumble, Sanders provided a spark, but none of the WRs did anything to help their QB. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

If he was nursing an injury, the team would have to report it and would be fined for not doing so. I think you'll see a more mobile Wentz in week 3. His confidence in the line should have returned and the offense needs to work some longer passes back into the game plan for obvious reasons. 

There's nobody saying Wentz hasn't struggled through these 1st 2 weeks. At some point, though, when your QB is struggling, other players need to step up on offense. After a costly fumble, Sanders provided a spark, but none of the WRs did anything to help their QB. 

They seamed to forget to report it in 2018 when he was playing on a fractured backs for weeks until they decided to just pull him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

They seamed to forget to report it in 2018 when he was playing on a fractured backs for weeks until they decided to just pull him. 

Really? He was listed 2 straight weeks in October with a back injury. After the CT scan in mid December that revealed the stress fracture, he was put on IR. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Are those the WR's he was leading into head on hits and hanging out to dry on high throws?  They can't throw the ball to themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Are those the WR's he was leading into head on hits and hanging out to dry on high throws?  They can't throw the ball to themselves.

Yeah I mean Wentz certainly put his WRs in some really bad and dangerous spots on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean Wentz certainly put his WRs in some really bad and dangerous spots on Sunday. 

lol --- You guys act like other QBs never do that. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

lol --- You guys act like other QBs never do that. 

Nope never said that. I didn't once say Wentz is the only one or that Wentz is the only QB in the history of time to do it. But it goes back to the accuracy issue that he has. He doesn't ever seem to hit guys in stride. He doesn't lead a receiver with his passes.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nope never said that. I didn't once say Wentz is the only one or that Wentz is the only QB in the history of time to do it. But it goes back to the accuracy issue that he has. He doesn't ever seem to hit guys in stride. He doesn't lead a receiver with his passes.

The key word being "seem." Sometimes it is his accuracy. Sometimes it's the route design. Sometimes when he's scrambling a guy like Ertz is just giving him a spot to throw to. But he does also hit players in stride. Many of you just dwell on the "seems like..."

21 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The key word being "seem." Sometimes it is his accuracy. Sometimes it's the route design. Sometimes when he's scrambling a guy like Ertz is just giving him a spot to throw to. But he does also hit players in stride. Many of you just dwell on the "seems like..."

Because seems like is the majority of the time. He rarely hits guys in stride.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, brkmsn said:

Maybe he is what he is. I still don’t see why people think that 2017 is the real Carson while ignoring 16, 18, and 19. 

• Like 1