Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Too bad his focus is on using football for extraneous pursuits instead of football itself being his priority, especially since he’s getting paid $35M/yr.  That lack of focus compared to actual stud QB’s is why his career is floundering.

To be clear, you think that while Wentz is in a film room meeting he is sat there thinking how he can future promote his AO1 efforts or his religious beliefs instead of focusing on becoming a better football player?

2 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

To be clear, you think that while Wentz is in a film room meeting he is sat there thinking how he can future promote his AO1 efforts or his religious beliefs instead of focusing on becoming a better football player?

Just sitting in a film room meeting doesn’t mean jack.  The greats are obsessed and work on their game all the time.  Where is the commitment to fixing his piss poor mechanics in the offseason?

28 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Too bad his focus is on using football for extraneous pursuits instead of football itself being his priority, especially since he’s getting paid $35M/yr.  That lack of focus compared to actual stud QB’s is why his career is floundering.

What?  You know lots of athletes do charity work.  

You guys are really reaching with the criticism.  His teammates and coaches have always said his work ethic is strong, he's the first one in the training room, last one out.  He stays after practice to work with receivers.  He took his lineman on a hunting trip to bond with them in the offseason.  He worked with receivers in the offseason.  

You know lots of athletes are Christian and say they put God first in their lives right?  Lots of religious people say things like that.  The Bible also instructs to do everything with excellence and when you put forth hard work and excellence in what you do, it is honoring to God.  it does not mean you don't care about your work or it's not your "focus."  Brian Dawkins, Reggie White, Zach Ertz, Doug Pederson to name a new Eagles have been vocal about their faith as well.  Lots of athletes.

This is getting ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Just sitting in a film room meeting doesn’t mean jack.  The greats are obsessed and work on their game all the time.  Where is the commitment to fixing his piss poor mechanics in the offseason?

Are you obsessed with your work?  How much extra effort do you put into your work?  You're posting on a football team message board right now, why aren't you working on improving your skills and putting all your focus on your career?

All these fans behind a keyboard and on the couch eating junk food hating on professional athletes for not being "focused" enough because they do charity work on the side.  

:lol:

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What?  You know lots of athletes do charity work.  

You guys are really reaching with the criticism.  His teammates and coaches have always said his work ethic is strong, he's the first one in the training room, last one out.  He stays after practice to work with receivers.  He took his lineman on a hunting trip to bond with them in the offseason.  He worked with receivers in the offseason.  

You know lots of athletes are Christian and say they put God first in their lives right?  Lots of religious people say things like that.  The Bible also instructs to do everything with excellence and when you put forth hard work and excellence in what you do, it is honoring to God.  it does not mean you don't care about your work or it's not your "focus."  Brian Dawkins, Reggie White, Zach Ertz, Doug Pederson to name a new Eagles have been vocal about their faith as well.  Lots of athletes.

This is getting ridiculous.

Agreed. This whole Wentz discussion is at it's end point, because they're talking some really stupid ish now.

I just read a rumor on Twitter - take it for what it's worth - that Carson Wentz ate breakfast this morning and played with his daughter.  It's very concerning that he should be studying film or working on his mechanics.  Clearly he doesn't care about football.  Can't wait to get rid of this bum!

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Are you obsessed with your work?  How much extra effort do you put into your work?  You're posting on a football team message board right now, why aren't you working on improving your skills and putting all your focus on your career?

All these fans behind a keyboard and on the couch eating junk food hating on professional athletes for not being "focused" enough because they do charity work on the side.  

:lol:

More than you I’m sure.  Sold one company already.  Building two more now.  I’m just more intelligent and capable than you where I can occasionally post on this board during a work break, and still be highly productive.  Sorry if you cannot.

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

What does this even mean?  Some of the most gigantic a-holes in the World have raised tons of money for charity and gone to church.

And some of the BEST humans in this world have have raised tons of money for charity and been a part of the church. All you see is the negative side of things. You calling Carson an a_hole, yet you never even met him. Got it. 🤡

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

And some of the BEST humans in this world have have raised tons of money for charity and gone to church. All you see is the negative side of things. You calling Carson an a_hole, yet you never even met him. Got it. 🤡

Based on the two and their handling of the same situation, Carson is doing it the right way and DeShaun Watson is an a hole.

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

More than you I’m sure.  Sold one company already.  Building two more now.  I’m just more intelligent and capable than you where I can occasionally post on this board during a work break, and still be highly productive.  Sorry if you cannot.

:roll:

Tell me more about Carson's work ethic that you have intimate first hand knowledge of

Just now, NOTW said:

Tell me more about Carson's work ethic that you have intimate first hand knowledge of

It sucks which is why his career is imploding.  It’s a joke to compare him to guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc who are dedicated to being the best.  Only a delusional Washer could do it.

12 hours ago, T-1000 said:

''A hoax''......have you been living under a rock the last couple of months.

The moron who posted on Twitter about the Bears trade took his posts down.

What would you call it, genius?

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I just read a rumor on Twitter - take it for what it's worth - that Carson Wentz ate breakfast this morning and played with his daughter.  It's very concerning that he should be studying film or working on his mechanics.  Clearly he doesn't care about football.  Can't wait to get rid of this bum!

Your Carson knob slobbing is really getting old.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Based on the two and their handling of the same situation, Carson is doing it the right way and DeShaun Watson is an a hole.

I agree. And look who gets bashed in the media and by certain fans- the one doing it with class. The media shows us the world- in reverse. Black is white, white is black, good is bad, bad is good, pure is tainted and tainted is pure, and on and on and on. Scary thing is, millions believe them. But millions more see through the lies and refuse to be brainwashed.

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

It sucks which is why his career is imploding.  It’s a joke to compare him to guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc who are dedicated to being the best.  Only a delusional Washer could do it.

Cool, I haven't done that.  Nice straw man.

Again, his teammates and coaches say he has strong work ethic, first in/last out, high character, etc.  He had a terrible year.  I called for him to be benched.  I said he has a lot of work to do to improve his mechanics, get his head right to make better decisions, not play hero ball, etc.  I've said he's at a crossroads and needs to get himself back on track.

Not buying into this narrative that is making him this awful person doesn't make me a "Washer."  

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

Your Carson knob slobbing is really getting old.

Actually, as I've stated for months, he had a terrible season. I called for him to be benched.  I criticized him for hero ball, and making absolutely terrible decisions and being careless with the football.  I've said he really needs to do some soul searching and get back to fundamentals this offseason, work on mechanics and decision making, put in extra work studying film and that he's at a crossroads.  He needs to get himself right if he's going to salvage his career.

It's hilarious when people lump me in with "washers" and use these silly school children insults like "knob slobbing."  Grow up.

What I have argued is about false media reports, and attacks on his character.  The Carson hate is what is really getting old.  When people are just reaching, criticizing him for having a charity, for not posting on social media, for posting on social media about a teammates' charity event (which shows he's recognizing a teammate and someone else's charity not his own but whatever) but then why isn't he posting about his trade status...

It's just ridiculous.  

It's interesting watching reasonable posters trying to interact with haters. But in all honesty you guys are wasting your breath.

I have zero problem with people pointing out and criticizing Went's play. What I won't do is start attacking a man's character because the media has spread gossip and rumors about him, and have said so and so players said this about him- with zero, hard proof. For people who accept that kind of garbage and have their brains washed- why bother having a conversation with them- they have been programmed. People that have never met a person- attacking that persons character? That is insanity. That says more about themselves than it does about the accused. Those are the kind of people you keep out of your life, which you have every right to do. They are programmed. 

JJ Watt was just released from Houston.  They "parted ways."  He posted a video on social media to thank the fans.

Did anyone know he had an issue with the team?  I never heard about it.  I just did a google search with the date setting prior to today.  Found no mention of it.

He said something publicly after it was done.  Kept discussions private.

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Actually, as I've stated for months, he had a terrible season. I called for him to be benched.  I criticized him for hero ball, and making absolutely terrible decisions and being careless with the football.  I've said he really needs to do some soul searching and get back to fundamentals this offseason, work on mechanics and decision making, put in extra work studying film and that he's at a crossroads.  He needs to get himself right if he's going to salvage his career.

It's hilarious when people lump me in with "washers" and use these silly school children insults like "knob slobbing."  Grow up.

What I have argued is about false media reports, and attacks on his character.  The Carson hate is what is really getting old.  When people are just reaching, criticizing him for having a charity, for not posting on social media, for posting on social media about a teammates' charity event (which shows he's recognizing a teammate and someone else's charity not his own but whatever) but then why isn't he posting about his trade status...

It's just ridiculous.  

I'm with you.  I Criticized his play this year . I even argued with people who made excuses for his bad play.  That said best case scenario is he plays back to his 2017 form.  It's possible to have constructive criticism of Wentz and still like him.  

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

JJ Watt was just released from Houston.  They "parted ways."  He posted a video on social media to thank the fans.

Did anyone know he had an issue with the team?  I never heard about it.  I just did a google search with the date setting prior to today.  Found no mention of it.

He said something publicly after it was done.  Kept discussions private.

What??!?!  He didn't post every twist and turn and his feelings about it on Facebook & Twitter the second they happened??  The fans must feel cheated. There's something wrong with that boy!

[/sarc]

7 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

I'm with you.  I Criticized his play this year . I even argued with people who made excuses for his bad play.  That said best case scenario is he plays back to his 2017 form.  It's possible to have constructive criticism of Wentz and still like him.  

Yep.

I even argued with people who said it was just one bad year.  He had ups and downs since Reich left.  There have been all sorts of excuses from injury, lack of talent around him, coaching, Foles' shadow, drafting Hurts...ultimately Carson is responsible for his play.  And despite any excuses or reasons whether a combination of factors or whatever, he was playing downright awful football this year.  

I believe there is potential for him to get back to playing well, but it starts with him.  He has to really reflect and be willing to change.  It might mean working hard to fight that hero ball instinct.  It might mean going back to basic fundamentals and starting over in a sense.  I don't know, but it's going to start with him.  If it's here with a new coach and system, or traded to another team with a fresh start those things can help.  But it's still going to be on him.

3 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

What??!?!  He didn't post every twist and turn and his feelings about it on Facebook & Twitter the second they happened??  The fans must feel cheated. There's something wrong with that boy!

[/sarc]

Obviously that means JJ Watt is a bad leader.  He also did a lot of charity work in Houston and donated a ton of money to hurricane relief efforts and was rolling up his sleeves to help volunteer.  Clearly he lost focus on football and should have been doing drills instead, what a bad player and person huh?  :angry:  I'm sure the Houston fans are calling him a whiny, petulant child and soft and weak for wanting to be released.

Archived