Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I clock in once a day to see this trade so many were saying was happening any day now. When is it coming to fruition?

It’s happening right after Trump uses the insurrection act to reclaim power.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Ah, so you know nothing and are guessing. 

Actually, I'm calling "I want out" a hissy fit.

23 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

This means trade negotiations are going terrible. They are trying to get more leverage lmao. While I agree that the eagles should not be pressured, this article is pathetic by Howie.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I doubt they feel that they have to trade him.

If they don't get the offer they want, why wouldn't they just keep him? What's he going to do, not play?

I doubt they rather guarantee him another 10 million. A guy who might not want to be a eagle. 

57 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Guaranteeing him another 10 million in salary come mid March is a advantage? For who? It will just pretty much guarentee him being the starter, imo. At least the first crack at it.

From everything that's happening with this potential trade, it's seeming to me that this is Howie and Laurie's team and if they tell Sorianni to play Carson next year, he'll play him.  Is this is a good or a bad thing in your minds?  I know most people will say the coach needs to make personnel decisions, and I think I agree, but there are arguments for the other side (for instance, maybe Carson plays reasonably well next year and we trade him at the beginning of the 2022 season for double what we might recoup now).

22 minutes ago, HowiesBroman said:

From everything that's happening with this potential trade, it's seeming to me that this is Howie and Laurie's team and if they tell Sorianni to play Carson next year, he'll play him.  Is this is a good or a bad thing in your minds?  I know most people will say the coach needs to make personnel decisions, and I think I agree, but there are arguments for the other side (for instance, maybe Carson plays reasonably well next year and we trade him at the beginning of the 2022 season for double what we might recoup now).

Suck it, howie. 

If the huge contract given to Wentz does not guarantee loyalty....Teams may think twice in the future before giving another contract to a QB, who may at some point hold them fiscally hostage. We are witnessing how the system may change in the future..because the risks have increased. This whole Wentz situation is a mess of owner's own creation. At this point...If Wentz goes somewhere familiar, where he can get better support around him,....Eagles and Howie look stupid for trading him at the low value point. If Wentz stays..there will be a division in the locker room and everyone, including the new coaching staff, will be negatively affected. So we can not keep him and no one is offering anything close to what he may be worth in several years. People do not pay for potential. The best thing we can do is to unload his salary and hopefully get those 2 second round choices. Cross it off and move on. Sure Howie's reputation and pride may be injured...but I do not think that most fans give a F@#k.

9 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

If the huge contract given to Wentz does not guarantee loyalty....Teams may think twice in the future before giving another contract to a QB, who may at some point hold them fiscally hostage. We are witnessing how the system may change in the future..because the risks have increased. This whole Wentz situation is a mess of owner's own creation. At this point...If Wentz goes somewhere familiar, where he can get better support around him,....Eagles and Howie look stupid for trading him at the low value point. If Wentz stays..there will be a division in the locker room and everyone, including the new coaching staff, will be negatively affected. So we can not keep him and no one is offering anything close to what he may be worth in several years. People do not pay for potential. The best thing we can do is to unload his salary and hopefully get those 2 second round choices. Cross it off and move on. Sure Howie's reputation and pride may be injured...but I do not think that most fans give a F@#k.

Thanks to Lebron flipping teams every couple years, the Days of "franchise qb” are no longer.  Russel wants out of Seattle too.  That’s pretty telling.  He can go to a team with a good line, good defense and mediocre weapons and win a champ or two or three.  After Howie Neglected the O line for years, and Carson is looking at a 72 year old jason peters, no name left guards, 65 year old jason kelce, full body cast brandon brooks, and performance de-hancing druggie lame johnson as his line....I can’t say I blame him for having a beef with Howie and wanting out. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Actually, I'm calling "I want out" a hissy fit.

Link to that quote? And how wanting to leave a dysfunctional organization equals "hissy fit?"

JJ Watt wanted out of Houston. Did he have a hissy fit? 

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

This means trade negotiations are going terrible. They are trying to get more leverage lmao. While I agree that the eagles should not be pressured, this article is pathetic by Howie.

See? I've said that no matter what either side says fans and media won't believe it and spin based on what they already believe. 

:lol:

I know I’m very much in the minority, but at this point I would just rather keep wentz otherwise we bought him high and sold him low. Give him a season to work with the new coaching staff and see if he can be the player he was before last year. If he is still that player then great, keep him as your franchise qb or ship him for a much better deal if both parties still want that. But if he is genuinely broken then at least you have verified it and can work towards a separation.

I just feel like 2 seconds for a qb that for the most part has played like a very good starting qb (before anyone argues, he was not average prior to this season), is a terrible return. Two ones or a one, a two and a three is the sort of return we should be holding out for, and tbh for all of rosemans mistakes I’m glad he seems to be standing his ground here.

2 hours ago, DBW said:

Thanks to Lebron flipping teams every couple years, the Days of "franchise qb” are no longer.  Russel wants out of Seattle too.  That’s pretty telling.  He can go to a team with a good line, good defense and mediocre weapons and win a champ or two or three.  After Howie Neglected the O line for years, and Carson is looking at a 72 year old jason peters, no name left guards, 65 year old jason kelce, full body cast brandon brooks, and performance de-hancing druggie lame johnson as his line....I can’t say I blame him for having a beef with Howie and wanting out. 

The way the NBA does things is not comparable to the NFL at all.  Also LeBron's shortest stint on any team was 4 yrs.

Russell has been on the team going on 10 yrs that pretty good run so that doesn't prove guys want to move around all the time now. 

Its been a weird off-season for QBs but, really the only 2 QBs pulling a Lebron as you say is Watson and Wentz. Watson wants to go to the freaking jets and that is definitely not following what Lebron did lol. 

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

People do not pay for potential

Literally every single contract is based off of potential lol. When they get a contract after being drafted that's for potential. When they get a new contract it's for potentially keeping up the same level of play. 

They had no way of telling if Wentz was going to get back to his 2017 form but, the potential was there. 

This is such a clusterfark. And this team and management deserves it. Maybe even the fans too.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Literally every single contract is based off of potential lol. When they get a contract after being drafted that's for potential. When they get a new contract it's for potentially keeping up the same level of play. 

They had no way of telling if Wentz was going to get back to his 2017 form but, the potential was there. 

I was referring specifically to Wentz situation and not a general "Potential" of an unknown player. Wentz is an unknown at this point in time. He could very well get back to 2017 with an excellent support team..or he could be broken as in 2020 and his potential cap is mediocrity. I do not see Wentz wanting to compete with Hurts for a position. He wants to start and all we can offer him is a competition. We have to move him, because the alternative is ...Wentz will start talking about trading him, and at that point his trade value will be 0. We will not get anything at all. So all I am saying...Let's take the best deal on the table before things degrade.

5 hours ago, DBW said:

Wentz's personal desires are in conflict with Philadelphia Eagles. He is under contract..but I guess the team could not envision to preclude this type of behavior in the contract they gave him. So Thank you Wentz for being quiet. I am sure if he expresses what you so eloquently described...His trade value will go to 0. I sincerely hope that Eagles will come to their senses , take the best deal on the table, and move on. It would be best for everyone.

11 hours ago, thedanone82 said:

Regardless of QB do you see that happening? I don't

Yes, I see it happening, lets say Wentz stays because Howie can’t get the picks worth moving Wentz. IMHO, taking 2 second round picks and eating 34 million is not worth it and for once in a long while I agree with Howie. If anyone wants us to eat that 34 million they better at least start with a first rounder and other compensation, hell, the Rams gave up 2 first for Stafford and he is at the tail end of his career.

Anyhow, Wentz beats out Hurts in camp and starts the season 5-0, team/organization are happy, fans are happy, winning cured the drama. If he starts 0-5 definitely going to be drama, that’s why I said, winning cures everything. 

But don’t kid yourself, they trade Wentz and Hurts isn’t a very good QB there is still going to be big time drama and I’ll be leading the charge, especially if Wentz is doing well at his new home.

23 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

But don’t kid yourself, they trade Wentz and Hurts isn’t a very good QB there is still going to be big time drama and I’ll be leading the charge, especially if Wentz is doing well at his new home.

Hurts won't have any fans at that point either and the calls for Howie's head will be loud.  Get ready!

Archived