Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Obviously that means JJ Watt is a bad leader.  He also did a lot of charity work in Houston and donated a ton of money to hurricane relief efforts and was rolling up his sleeves to help volunteer.  Clearly he lost focus on football and should have been doing drills instead, what a bad player and person huh?  :angry:  I'm sure the Houston fans are calling him a whiny, petulant child and soft and weak for wanting to be released.

Don’t forget he kept it quiet and kept it between himself and the team, what a D bag

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NOTW said:

His teammates and coaches have always praised his character, work ethic and leadership. Doug said he handled the benching like a professional. Hurts said he was a help to him on the sidelines discussing the defensive looks. 

The people criticizing his character about this trade situation...I wonder how they conduct themselves at work when things happen to them.

I haven't judged his character one way or the other, I was pointing out that church and charity work aren't any sort of indicators that someone isn't an arsehole.

Also I would point out that not all his teammates have always praised his character and leadership, it's just that we told those people to shut the f' up and said they should be traded or cut because they were a cancer in the locker room. 

I wonder how people who criticised those people conduct themselves at work when people are jerkwads to them or something, probably sound off on a message board as though it means something or some crap.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

And some of the BEST humans in this world have have raised tons of money for charity and been a part of the church. All you see is the negative side of things. You calling Carson an a_hole, yet you never even met him. Got it. 🤡

I didn't call him an arsehole, I said your defence that he goes to church and raises money for charity didn't make a toot on a tin whistles difference to whether he was an arsehole or not, maybe read the post and understand it you honking jackass.

Did you meet him and he was nice to you, struck you as a stand up guy. or are you just a gibbering clown on a message board, typing just as much crap with no first hand experience as anyone else here?

58 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Actually, as I've stated for months, he had a terrible season. I called for him to be benched.  I criticized him for hero ball, and making absolutely terrible decisions and being careless with the football.  I've said he really needs to do some soul searching and get back to fundamentals this offseason, work on mechanics and decision making, put in extra work studying film and that he's at a crossroads.  He needs to get himself right if he's going to salvage his career.

It's hilarious when people lump me in with "washers" and use these silly school children insults like "knob slobbing."  Grow up.

What I have argued is about false media reports, and attacks on his character.  The Carson hate is what is really getting old.  When people are just reaching, criticizing him for having a charity, for not posting on social media, for posting on social media about a teammates' charity event (which shows he's recognizing a teammate and someone else's charity not his own but whatever) but then why isn't he posting about his trade status...

It's just ridiculous.  

Nice try, but man up and admit your own immaturity on this matter.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

JJ Watt was just released from Houston.  They "parted ways."  He posted a video on social media to thank the fans.

Did anyone know he had an issue with the team?  I never heard about it.  I just did a google search with the date setting prior to today.  Found no mention of it.

He said something publicly after it was done.  Kept discussions private.

He stated back in Nov that he wasn't interested in being part of a rebuild.

43 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Nice try, but man up and admit your own immaturity on this matter.

:lol:

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

Pro tip.  If you click "Copy link to Tweet" on Twitter than just copy and paste here, the formatting here automatically embeds the tweet.  It helps people to see it without opening twitter.

Thank you, I am not social media literate. I didn't even know that link was tweeting....

I guess im a tweeter now

13 hours ago, EagleVA said:

For a 5 year starter, it's as bad as I've seen, you rarely get to see it because that kinda of play gets the player benched.

Allow me to introduce you to the great Josh Freeman:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310210nyg.htm

My dude threw 68 picks in 61 starts. People say Deion Sanders was an interception machine, but hes got nothing on this guy

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Wow, what a turn this thread has taken....seems like classic R & R  🤣

TATE gettin’ it swag back

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

3rd for Golden Tate for half a year.

Tate won us a playoff game.  I would argue that's worth a 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

No TATE, No SB.  That was the best spending of a 3rd in the history of the Eagles. 

10 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Allow me to introduce you to the great Josh Freeman:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201310210nyg.htm

My dude threw 68 picks in 61 starts. People say Deion Sanders was an interception machine, but hes got nothing on this guy

I didn't say he played worse than any QB ever, let me clarify.

Of the teams I've followed, Wentz' QB play has been about the worse I've seen.  While I may have seen Josh Freeman play I didn't follow what ever team he played on so I can't speak on how bad he was, but Wentz, I've followed his entire NFL career and it hasn't been pretty.

Outside of his 2017 season, many try to claim his 2018 and 2019 seasons were stellar but to me, squeaking into the playoffs with a 9-7 both years doesn't impress me.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

One catch is worth a 3rd?   

Me no think so.

18 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Literally no one else could have made 1 catch in a playoff game?

What if that 3rd were a player they could use long term?  I know, Howie can't draft but still.

Tate is a very good player and well worth the 3rd round pick.

The problem was that the

1- The Coaching staff somehow "Didnt know how to get him involved"? Seams like every other team that hes played for knew how to get a ton of success out of him. Just seams like our coaching staff was a bunch of morons. 

2- How much do you think you can get with someone that comes in mid season, no camp, no time to learn the playbook, and not much time to get on page with the QB? If he had a off season with this team he would have been by far our best WR in 2019. 

3- Howie didn't resign him and instead kept Nelson. If Tate was resigned he would have been our top WR for the last 2 years and going into this season. 

So the trade was fine, its what they did after the trade that made zero sense and made it a big fail. 

17 minutes ago, What The F said:

No TATE, No SB.  That was the best spending of a 3rd in the history of the Eagles. 

Huh?

52 minutes ago, What The F said:

Uh... what? Tate was the year after the super bowl...

41 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

The problem was that the

1- The Coaching staff somehow "Didnt know how to get him involved"? Seams like every other team that hes played for knew how to get a ton of success out of him. Just seams like our coaching staff was a bunch of morons. 

2- How much do you think you can get with someone that comes in mid season, no camp, no time to learn the playbook, and not much time to get on page with the QB? If he had a off season with this team he would have been by far our best WR in 2019. 

3- Howie didn't resign him and instead kept Nelson. If Tate was resigned he would have been our top WR for the last 2 years and going into this season. 

So the trade was fine, its what they did after the trade that made zero sense and made it a big fail. 

Agreed....I NEVER understood how that coaching staff dared say they didn't know how to implement him into the offense. That made zero sense to me. You get one of the best WR's in the league and somehow....just can't figure out how to use him.....

4 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Agreed....I NEVER understood how that coaching staff dared say they didn't know how to implement him into the offense. That made zero sense to me. You get one of the best WR's in the league and somehow....just can't figure out how to use him.....

That probably didn't do much to endear Doug's staff to Jeff & Howie.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

I'd rather the 3rd.  They didn't win the Super Bowl that year and that 3rd might have turned into a quality player on the roster today. 

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I didn't call him an arsehole, I said your defence that he goes to church and raises money for charity didn't make a toot on a tin whistles difference to whether he was an arsehole or not, maybe read the post and understand it you honking jackass.

Did you meet him and he was nice to you, struck you as a stand up guy. or are you just a gibbering clown on a message board, typing just as much crap with no first hand experience as anyone else here?

Name calling. Got it. I'll just leave it there- you aren't worth the effort to type at. 💩

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

that 3rd might have turned into a quality player on the roster today

IdealConsciousGavial-small.gif

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

The problem was that the

More proof, Howie and the inability to use players to their strengths were the major issues

Archived