Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tennessee Titans, 9-20-26, 1PM EST

Featured Replies

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

wouldn’t mind seeing an Ertz reunion for a few weeks until Goedert is healthy again.

You got em!

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You got em!

I saw and I’m a fan. I’d like to see him get the receptions record too if possible.

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I saw and I’m a fan. I’d like to see him get the receptions record too if possible.

Me too, some people hate him but oh well. I have a soft spot for him because he was my mom's favorite player and got me his jersey before she past away. Not to mention he made the 2 of the biggest catches in that super bowl win ( there were other big catches I know I know lol).

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Me too, some people hate him but oh well. I have a soft spot for him because he was my mom's favorite player and got me his jersey before she past away. Not to mention he made the 2 of the biggest catches in that super bowl win ( there were other big catches I know I know lol).

Who hates Zach? Guy seemed to never do anything wrong and the Eagles moved on from Zach. Was he a great blocker? No, but the man had hands. Look I was a huge fan of Arkansas Fred Barnett, but number 86 is Zach Ertz and no one should wear that number in Eagles green IMO.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who hates Zach? Guy seemed to never do anything wrong and the Eagles moved on from Zach. Was he a great blocker? No, but the man had hands. Look I was a huge fan of Arkansas Fred Barnett, but number 86 is Zach Ertz and no one should wear that number in Eagles green IMO.

Because of his fall out here and because of his playing style of not running through contact and what not.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who hates Zach? Guy seemed to never do anything wrong and the Eagles moved on from Zach. Was he a great blocker? No, but the man had hands. Look I was a huge fan of Arkansas Fred Barnett, but number 86 is Zach Ertz and no one should wear that number in Eagles green IMO.

Arkansas Fred was pretty damn good.

Reid had to play without McNabb. AJ Feely won, Koy won a big game, Garcia won.

Reid pretty much won with everyone besides that Mike McMahon clown, Kolb was 3-4

Belichick lost the GoaT once for injury and once for accusations of witchcraft.

He went 11-5 and 3-1

Siri is below mediocre without Hurts. Its not opinion.

Its a limited sample size but its all we have.

Jake had the yips for the most part of 2 years in 2024-25. Siri's culture was worthless in helping with that.

He went from an 86.2% FG kicker to a 76.2% kicker, was Siri nice to his family? Did it fix anything?

Jake went from 70% from 50+ to 1 for 7 and then 4 for 8. Siri showed him a pyramid chart to get him out of his funk?

If you can think of anything a coach did worse than hire his incredibly inept buddy to be OC and then refuse to replace him, I am willing to listen.

We can see why Hurts is great. We can see Howie's roster construction. We just have to pretend we understand what a coach who has little to do with the offense and nothing to do with the great defense actually does.

People like you just assume you know better and then get smug when others challenge your faith in things unseen.

You have vibes that Siri is a good coach.

You think record means the coach is greatly responsible for that record.

Bill Walsh was the architect of the WCO and the QB Guru for Montana and Young.

Was he vital and important as a gameday coach? They won the SB the next year without him and won again 5 years later.

I am just saying that Siri does none of the extraordinary things that Walsh did and is far more replaceable.

My personal opinion is that Steichen or Moore would be better HCs here working with Fangio and if Manion works out we should make him HC.

I have him closer to 3x in a row SB champion Darian Kinnard in importance to winning. (not saying they are equal)

You have him closer to Howie and Hurts.

We can promote Siri to VP of Culture and Pyramid Charts.

Nothing you claim he is good at requires him to have the role of head coach.

Note: Anthony Barr was recorded talking about using a Tush Push.

Siri, Steichen, and Stout decided to actually use it in games and perfected it to what it is now.

Hurts and his 600lbs squat also helps since its really only effective with Hurts and Josh Allen.

Credit for that as a HC working with staff and talent, but we can still Tush Push if he is gone. (or if he is VP of charts and feels)

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who hates Zach? Guy seemed to never do anything wrong and the Eagles moved on from Zach. Was he a great blocker? No, but the man had hands. Look I was a huge fan of Arkansas Fred Barnett, but number 86 is Zach Ertz and no one should wear that number in Eagles green IMO.

I think the split was that Zach was not a Gronk style do it all TE, north of 30, and his productivity diminished some.

Ertz felt that he was due a huge raise and Howie disagreed.

The Cardinals gave him 2 and 26m and he had about 600 yards and 5 TDs total on that contract.

I loved him as an Eagle and I'm glad he is back.

Here is some homework for those who follow the Socratic method.

The theory was that Bill Parcells was a great coach.

Go ahead and split his career between when Belichick was running his defense and when he was not.

My educated opinion is that Belichick was the great coach and Parcells was just kinda good.

Note: BB ran the 1996 Patriots D but they let the other guy keep his DC title.

Now go ahead and look at Chuck Noll with and without Terry Bradshaw.

Noll had a great QB, and great players stocked by a double Howie situation where they had a scout who focused on HBCU diamonds.

Bill Nunn Jr was the architect of those teams. Bradshaw was great and clutch. The team was loaded.

Does Noll have to also be great?

You can't take away credit from a guy like Jimmy Johnson because he was also the architect of the Cowboys.

You can replace his loaded team at HC with an actual moron HC and they go to the NFCCG one year and win a SB the next.

Switzer was an elite college coach but he was 5 years retired and lost it big time.

Aikman has some stories about how he had to act like head coach.

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because of his fall out here and because of his playing style of not running through contact and what not.

The man helped us get the chip. He actually played in that game and was vital to that win. Plenty of players have flaws. Goedert in my opinion always seems to miss time due to injury. Ertz was replaced after they drafted Goedert. He didn’t force hims out of town. To each their own though. I’m happy he’s back.

Zach Ertz is back and the Eagles may have to play the Case Keenum with the Bears. What in the 2017 Super Bowl Run is going on here, lol.

5 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Zach Ertz is back and the Eagles may have to play the Case Keenum with the Bears. What in the 2017 Super Bowl Run is going on here, lol.

They already faced Diggs in week 1.

On 9/21/2026 at 2:53 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know what they would do, but do you really believe they would fire their coach? I’m just not sure they would do that based on one successful season.

No they probably won’t but man they should. But hey it’s worked for them so far so I guess as long as they appoint well at OC then they’ll be fine.

On 9/21/2026 at 3:26 PM, Portyansky said:

They didn't do that with Steichen and Moore. Siri not going anywhere until he has a losing season.

I'm not saying I don't agree. But there is more to being a HC than just game day. Lots to do between Monday-Saturday before game day Sunday

Yeah you are right bud. They didn’t, they haven’t and they very likely won’t. And yeah I agree there is a lot more to bring a HC Monday to Saturday that we don’t see.

On 9/21/2026 at 4:08 PM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Swear to God some of you lot deserve another 56 year stretch without winning it all. Just refuse to accept what's in front of you, think there's some mystery behind it, Coach who hasn't lost his opening game for 6 straight years on his way to 5 straight post seasons, with 5 different OC's and 3 different DC's but he's in no way responsible for any of it except the crappy bits, everything else is the coordinators.

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. I’m not a Sirianni guy but all I said was I would be okay if they moved on from him. And I didn’t say it was a mystery I just don’t think Sirianni is the biggest reason why this team wins.

On 9/23/2026 at 9:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No they probably won’t but man they should. But hey it’s worked for them so far so I guess as long as they appoint well at OC then they’ll be fine.

Yeah you are right bud. They didn’t, they haven’t and they very likely won’t. And yeah I agree there is a lot more to bring a HC Monday to Saturday that we don’t see.

I’d like to see this HC evolve into a better play caller. We are asking the quarterback and all of these players to learn a new system, so why can’t this head coach be held to the same standard? Nick has to learn how to be a play caller so this isn’t a problem every year.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d like to see this HC evolve into a better play caller. We are asking the quarterback and all of these players to learn a new system, so why can’t this head coach be held to the same standard? Nick has to learn how to be a play caller so this isn’t a problem every year.

The answer to your question is easy Easy. His model from day one has been to be a CEO-style Head Coach rather then a COO-style head coach. His self-described area of concentration is on the Culture of the team, which collectively are the top three portions of the graphic below, Mission, Values and Vision. As the CEO, he delegates to and relies on his three Coordinators for the execution of the COO responsibilities, which collectively are the bottom three portions of the graphic below. He shares with his three COOs the middle portion ... Strategy ... with the COOs bringing forward the strategy and him reserving veto powers.

With all that said, why do you want Nick to be a play caller?

IMG_2783.jpeg

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d like to see this HC evolve into a better play caller. We are asking the quarterback and all of these players to learn a new system, so why can’t this head coach be held to the same standard? Nick has to learn how to be a play caller so this isn’t a problem every year.

It just isn’t what he does or is good at. He did it year one and he wasn’t good. He’s tried in spurts since and he wasn’t good. He shouldn’t even be involved in the offense at all to be honest. When he is the results aren’t good.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.