Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Tennessee Titans, 9-20-26, 1PM EST

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

I do question Hurts when I see him looking around and failing to read the defense. And he wasn't perfect today. But...

images.jpeg

...that final drive was OUTSTANDING!!! He found receivers, hit with accuracy...

That was the kind of drive that we dream of.

In fairness to him, he had almost no running game to keep the pass rush off of him. He had no Dallas Goddard to be there when he needed it. And the OL struggled again.

Even the second interception wasn't on him so much. He was hit as he threw.

Hurts was solid today.

I thought he was .... okay ..... for the first 58:12. For the last 1:48 he looked like Tom Brady running a 2 minute drill on the 2007 Patriots.

The last drive was necessary because of the first drive. So not a perfect day, but good experience was gained in a win. Hopefully this offensive line improves as the season moves on. It can only help.

13 minutes ago, JamesK said:

Unfortunately, I was watching the game with a crowd and the volume was down. Plus, people kept trying to have a conversation with me.

How did Kendall and Jurgens do? It was hard for me to focus on the details of the game like I usually do.

Kendall and Jurgens both struggled. Not as bad as last week. But, still. The line was under pressure. Had difficulty maintaining blocks and let up a lot of pressure. Per usual, Sirianni makes a stupid coaching design on a looong down and distance penalty. Only for Tenn. to convert. Jalen played well, made a bad decision on his 1st INT, throwing into coverage. On the second, he was hit just as he threw. Dline was poor. Carter made a big play. LBs were ok. Cooper DeJean played a much better game. Cooper and Wicks played big roles. They keep forcing Lemon screens and lose yardage every time. Tank had more energy as a runner than Barkley. Saquon was injured with a stinger on the 1st play of the game. He came back for a few carries. Was still ineffective. Jake made a 58 yarder (would've been good from 60).

19 minutes ago, seengreen said:

Kendall and Jurgens both struggled. Not as bad as last week. But, still. The line was under pressure. Had difficulty maintaining blocks and let up a lot of pressure. Per usual, Sirianni makes a stupid coaching design on a looong down and distance penalty. Only for Tenn. to convert. Jalen played well, made a bad decision on his 1st INT, throwing into coverage. On the second, he was hit just as he threw. Dline was poor. Carter made a big play. LBs were ok. Cooper DeJean played a much better game. Cooper and Wicks played big roles. They keep forcing Lemon screens and lose yardage every time. Tank had more energy as a runner than Barkley. Saquon was injured with a stinger on the 1st play of the game. He came back for a few carries. Was still ineffective. Jake made a 58 yarder (would've been good from 60).

I actually thought Kendall was better than Jurgens. I hope it was the shift to a new position and not that his career is in decline.

Jason Avant said that Jeffery Simmons literally almost won this game all by himself.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He's not going to play next week. He probably not done for year but he's going to miss time.

Disappointing, but if we can get a win I’ll take it.

3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Reality is you have to move as a QB

Well I remember McNabb throwing three touchdowns on a broken leg. They literally dragged him down the field. 😂 In any case I was hoping he would have played.

13 minutes ago, JamesK said:

Jason Avant said that Jeffery Simmons literally almost won this game all by himself.

He was game wrecking and definitely was the one that cause that second pick.

So Herbert has lost to the Cardinals and the Raiders already. He’s not waiting for the playoffs to drop his coach this time. He’s trying to get him fired by mid season. 😂🤣😂

When you think about it and how impactful turnovers really are, you could argue both of Jalen’s picks today cost the Eagles points. The first one cost at least three and they ended up giving up seven. The second one should’ve been a td, because Smith was wide open. At worst that was 10 points lost by the offense. This should have been an easy double digit win, but instead was a nail biting comeback victory and that’s because of the turnovers.

I underestimated how awesome DeVonta was today. He had 117 and a TD but he should have had that ball that Hurts was just a touch late on and he was open deep for the 2nd pick that only did not get to him because the defender hit Hurts during the throw.

Through two games everything still looks like a work in progress, the passing offense looks better than expected but the run game is still disappointing, and in any event our offensive success looks like it will be capped by an O Line which is shaky in pass protection and awful in run blocking. The swing passes to Lemon are doing nothing good, the best way to use that play is as a ruse, line up your screamingly obvious screen and then quickly shoot something to the other side, that would surprise the hell out of everyone probably be a TD.

Defensively it's all a bit underwhelming, I expected an unstoppable defensive juggernaut this year and it's just... not, the pass rush is weak, the secondary is just OK, it's not an out and out bad defense, it's just not anywhere near the sum of its (about to become very expensive) parts.

But we're 2-0 with reasons for optimism and concerns are O Line injury rather than a scheme that has already hit it's ceiling. The season will be defined by what happens when we run into a top tier defense, but to be honest, getting a second year of Mannion at OC with a sorted O Line wouldn't be the worst outcome for this year.

40 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

I saw that, the heat caused some chaos. Jurgens had two pairs of cleats melt. I reckon Bigsby was also having issues and that's why he was slipping in the second half. They really struggled with the heat in the Tampa game a couple of years ago

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Siri is 3-4 without Hurts. 3-5 if you count the DC game that Hurts missed most of. Its all Hurts and no Siri.

Switzer was a complete moron and he was 40-24 with 5 playoff wins and a ring.

I am shocked that Kotite continually remembers to feed himself and he was coach of the year in Philly.

I think on face value (and appreciate there’s a lot to being a HC etc) the team wins in spite of Nick. That’s how it feels and maybe that’s unfair because maybe his players play and fight for him but that’s how it seems. I don’t think there’s anything he does that is special or elite as a HC other than win. And I think a lot of that is down to the team not him.

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think on face value (and appreciate there’s a lot to being a HC etc) the team wins in spite of Nick. That’s how it feels and maybe that’s unfair because maybe his players play and fight for him but that’s how it seems. I don’t think there’s anything he does that is special or elite as a HC other than win. And I think a lot of that is down to the team not him.

Ironically you could probably replace Jalen’s name for this same statement. Neither guy really gets the appreciation that they deserve.

Yeah, I think saying that all someone does is win, whether Siri or Jalen, is a lovely complaint to have. For what it's worth, Sirianni is a master communicator. I work in comms. He's exceptional. Trust me on that.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ironically you could probably replace Jalen’s name for this same statement. Neither guy really gets the appreciation that they deserve.

People don't realize that if players don't buy into the culture and build chemistry it doesn't matter how good you are at the x's and o's or scheme. If the players won't play for you your team will suck and lose just like they did for chip kelly. Chip was all about the scheme but, everyone hated him and they fell apart.

11 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Yeah, I think saying that all someone does is win, whether Siri or Jalen, is a lovely complaint to have. For what it's worth, Sirianni is a master communicator. I work in comms. He's exceptional. Trust me on that.

Like Buddy Ryan saying all Chris Carter did was catch touchdowns.

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People don't realize that if players don't buy into the culture and build chemistry it doesn't matter how good you are at the x's and o's or scheme. If the players won't play for you your team will suck and lose just like they did for chip kelly. Chip was all about the scheme but, everyone hated him and they fell apart.

I get the frustrations people have for both the coach and quarterback, but right now I don’t see either guy going anywhere anytime soon, but the Eagles FO has done things that has put both into question in the past so the organization is part to blame as to why so many doubt them.

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But are they going to do anything about it? I really doubt it.

They had a whole offseason to address it. Instead they drafted two useless picks

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ironically you could probably replace Jalen’s name for this same statement. Neither guy really gets the appreciation that they deserve.

Yeah you absolutely could do. The difference is on the field I do see what Jalen adds to this team. And it’s harder for us to quantify what Sirianni does but I just don’t think he’s the reason we win so many games. If they moved on from him I’d be okay with it.

My goodness these rush per carry numbers look like the Buddy Ryan era. Time to stop saying Jalen Hurts is playing behind an elite offensive line.

IMG_7453.jpeg

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah you absolutely could do. The difference is on the field I do see what Jalen adds to this team. And it’s harder for us to quantify what Sirianni does but I just don’t think he’s the reason we win so many games. If they moved on from him I’d be okay with it.

Well they have moved on from successful coaches before so you never know. I am personally concerned that if this offense begins to really flow and Jalen’s numbers passing wise explode we could be looking at yet another new play caller. That’s my biggest gripe with Sirianni. The instability at play calling because he’s so bad at it.

I watched the game late night and also saw some game tape of Jurgens on YouTube. He was awful.

This is what happens when a team’s biggest strength is matched up directly with a team’s biggest weakness.

If we had an average LG, not even a pro bowler, this game would have been more lobsided in favor of the Eagles.

Put Kendall at LG and Lampkin at C.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.