Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

Surprisingly, Agent didn't start an Xbox Series X thread. So here we go. Debuts Holidays 2020

Will be good to have when the pandemic resurfaces next winter. From what I've read they are not expecting delays due to COVID-19, but I'm not really sure how that's possible.

• 3 weeks later...

This makes me want to get an Xbox... I love HR Giger inspired stuff... 

Xbox controller design so trash they advertising gloves out here to help y’all deal with the tears 

E97A373D-F24C-4F97-8765-657A90DA77FF.png

• Like 1

I just feel like if your hands hurt from gaming maybe you should take a month or so off

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I just feel like if your hands hurt from gaming maybe you should take a month or so off

The weird ad had all these other hand-focused activities in there too. Just found it funny they opened with Xbox and only Xbox as gaming. 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The weird ad had all these other hand-focused activities in there too. Just found it funny they opened with Xbox and only Xbox as gaming. 

You must have been searching for some sort of hand pain relief from too much alone time during quarantine I suppose.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

You must have been searching for some sort of hand pain relief from too much alone time during quarantine I suppose.

My numbers are probably down in the quarantine :lol:  anything that takes active effort has been back-burnered. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

My numbers are probably down in the quarantine :lol:  anything that takes active effort has been back-burnered. 

Lol fair enough.

I do hear a lot of complaints about the controller. I've pretty much owned both iterations of each system (xbox/PS) over the years and don't mind either controller. They are different but to me they both seem to work well. Maybe I'm just used to both from years of using both and it doesnt bother me.

• 1 month later...

Much prefer Xbox controller.  Ps5 even is attempting to shift towards a more xbox style. They just continue to keep the left stick down which isn't as comfortable or ergonomic.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Machine said:

Much prefer Xbox controller.  Ps5 even is attempting to shift towards a more xbox style. They just continue to keep the left stick down which isn't as comfortable or ergonomic.

i proved this factually wrong in pictures sometime during covid 

Good Lord.  Every one can simply just have their own opinions

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

i proved this factually wrong in pictures sometime during covid 

He says ps is attempting to shift more towards an Xbox controller??? How? PS5's controller is right in line with all the other ps controllers. You say you proved that wrong and now he says it's just an opinion lol. Good work Agent lol

51 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He says ps is attempting to shift more towards an Xbox controller??? How? PS5's controller is right in line with all the other ps controllers. You say you proved that wrong and now he says it's just an opinion lol. Good work Agent lol

I was referring to where he was claiming the placement of the PS joystick isn’t comfortable of ergonomic, which is patently false. Both ps joysticks are located in the natural position your thumbs want to rest/position when your hands/palms are wrapped around a controller 

Found them. Hand in natural rested/relaxed position, and then sliding each controller into/out of that hand 

9C4443E6-BFB7-4FA0-AD45-2C28D56ABCFD.jpeg

129DF923-3CC8-440D-9EA1-5C957DA8FC4F.jpeg

C739342A-A0D6-45F4-BAD3-05B248C4E7F8.jpeg

8 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I was referring to where he was claiming the placement of the PS joystick isn’t comfortable of ergonomic, which is patently false. Both ps joysticks are located in the natural position your thumbs want to rest/position when your hands/palms are wrapped around a controller 

I know I remember you showing that. I was just saying how is the PS controller shifting to a Xbox like controller? The when you said that was patently false he says it's just an opinion lol

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Found them. Hand in natural rested/relaxed position, and then sliding each controller into/out of that hand 

9C4443E6-BFB7-4FA0-AD45-2C28D56ABCFD.jpeg

129DF923-3CC8-440D-9EA1-5C957DA8FC4F.jpeg

C739342A-A0D6-45F4-BAD3-05B248C4E7F8.jpeg

This pic doesn't take into account you have triggers behind and hold a controller with both hands. The PS conroller is better suited for fighting games with the D-pad placement 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know I remember you showing that. I was just saying how is the PS controller shifting to a Xbox like controller? The when you said that was patently false he says it's just an opinion lol

Oh I think Mach was indicating that the dual sense looks to be taking a wider approach with more similar overall shape to what the current xbox controller design is. But the left stick is used almost 100% of the time in virtually all video game types and the placement of their left stick is the location where your thumb naturally wants to position itself when at rest.

All xbox fanboys fap right-handed because their left hand is too cramped from always having to awkwardly hold it in an upward position when playing their pew pew pew games

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Oh I think Mach was indicating that the dual sense looks to be taking a wider approach with more similar overall shape to what the current xbox controller design is. But the left stick is used almost 100% of the time in virtually all video game types and the placement of their left stick is the location where your thumb naturally wants to position itself when at rest.

All xbox fanboys fap right-handed because their left hand is too cramped from always having to awkwardly hold it in an upward position when playing their pew pew pew games

Oh ok I got you. The Nintendo switch pro controller is laid out like an Xbox controller. I don't hate it but it's definitely a pain in the arse because I keep wanting to move and I hit the D pad thinking that's where the left stick should be. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh ok I got you. The Nintendo switch pro controller is laid out like an Xbox controller. I don't hate it but it's definitely a pain in the arse because I keep wanting to move and I hit the D pad thinking that's where the left stick should be. 

exactly! (I have never used a switch pro)

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

exactly! (I have never used a switch pro)

Well it's the exact design of the Xbox controller and to make matters worse all the x,y,a,b buttons are the exact opposite of what you would expect as well. So like where x and O would be on the PS controller it's the opposite on the Nintendo controller. I've been playing for a few months and it still has me all effed up! 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well it's the exact design of the Xbox controller and to make matters worse all the x,y,a,b buttons are the exact opposite of what you would expect as well. So like where x and O would be on the PS controller it's the opposite on the Nintendo controller. I've been playing for a few months and it still has me all effed up! 

the original play station buttons were set up with the X and O being symbolic of like cancel/accept (or yes/no, good/bad)... basically what you used in early PS games as your two buttons for entering and exiting menus, decisions, etc.

The square was meant to be something like "information" with the square shape representing a piece of paper. I think they used it a lot to open menus or maps or whatever. 

The triangle shape was symbolic of something else too but I will have to look it up and report back. It's been a loooong time lol 

but XBOX just copied nintendo, sega, etc. where they used american alphabet letters

• 5 weeks later...

They're trying to move everyone over to the Gamepass service so that's the incentive. I banked 3 years of Gold and paid the $1 upgrade so I'm sweet for a while

Didn't see much with the event today, a little Halo Campaign footage.  

On 6/19/2020 at 6:13 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think you need to check your facts. I wasn't talking about that.  I was talking about the ergonomics.

The PS5 controller is definitely bigger. Weird how Nintendo's pro controller also is like Xbox