Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

I got one at gamestop. 7th in line for 7 X available.  Got there at 715.  

Also pre-ordered on Amazon and best buy for friends who couldn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machine said:

Best buy seemed to be releasing in waves

They did the same for the PS5 seemed like every few hrs they had more for preorder all the way through the next day. 

44 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They did the same for the PS5 seemed like every few hrs they had more for preorder all the way through the next day. 

Well that's where I got both.  Amazon I caught at the right time for series x and gave the pre-order to a friend. Had one in the microsoft cart for hours but never could complete.

1 minute ago, Machine said:

Well that's where I got both.  Amazon I caught at the right time for series x and gave the pre-order to a friend. Had one in the microsoft cart for hours but never could complete.

I still check my order status a few times a day just to make sure it doesn't disappear. Makes me nervous lol

6 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I have one in my cart and am at the place order screen for microsoft, but keeps saying unable to place order please try again. probly clicked 600 times.

Also have one in my cart for best buy but cant get to enter payment details page.

I spend so many thousands of dollars at Best Buy every year that I’m legit upset I got 5 consoles in total, ALL through other sites. It’s like Best Buy was trying to protect me from myself now all of a sudden. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I still check my order status a few times a day just to make sure it doesn't disappear. Makes me nervous lol

Same man. Same.

50 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

:roll: 

ACA379BD-97EA-4D18-9184-15A71AC6E5FE.jpeg

I've seen a lot of complaining and sheet going bad for the Xbox preorders. Seemed like it went better but, maybe not

13 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It legit might be the dumbest name for a console in video game history

I was watching a video the other day of a guy saying whoever names the Xbox systems should be fired immediately cause they are confusing as F. Lol I think he was losing his sheet also because they have the Xbox one S and now the Xbox S? Lol. 

51 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It legit might be the dumbest name for a console in video game history

I mean even just the basic name of xbox, wtf is that? Microsoft's console naming is definitely weak to say the least.

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I mean even just the basic name of xbox, wtf is that? Microsoft's console naming is definitely weak to say the least.

The og xbox was in the shape of an X. The 360 introduced the spinning logo, ok fine so far. Then we get the "xbox one." Wait, wtf? The 3rd gen xbox is called xbox one? What do we call the actual xbox one? Oh ok, I guess I can get used to saying "original xbox". Sure whatever. Ok so now there's an xbox one S, cool. And now an xbox one X? Whatever just bring on the next gen already!  Oh sweet it's finally here! Awesome, what's it called? The xbox series X and the xbox series S? Alright, GFY Microsoft.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

The og xbox was in the shape of an X. The 360 introduced the spinning logo, ok fine so far. Then we get the "xbox one." Wait, wtf? The 3rd gen xbox is called xbox one? What do we call the actual xbox one? Oh ok, I guess I can get used to saying "original xbox". Sure whatever. Ok so now there's an xbox one S, cool. And now an xbox one X? Whatever just bring on the next gen already!  Oh sweet it's finally here! Awesome, what's it called? The xbox series X and the xbox series S? Alright, GFY Microsoft.

Maybe they can come out with the smallest version yet and call it microbox series small X

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was watching a video the other day of a guy saying whoever names the Xbox systems should be fired immediately cause they are confusing as F. Lol I think he was losing his sheet also because they have the Xbox one S and now the Xbox S? Lol. 

To be fair, all ONE models were discontinued.  Moving forward it's just series X and S.

They've been in a difficult naming position because they didn't want xbox 2, when playstation 3 was out.  Xbox 3 when playstation 4 was out, etc.  But it really could have been better then it is. 

46 minutes ago, Machine said:

To be fair, all ONE models were discontinued.  Moving forward it's just series X and S.

They've been in a difficult naming position because they didn't want xbox 2, when playstation 3 was out.  Xbox 3 when playstation 4 was out, etc.  But it really could have been better then it is. 

The should of went with roman numerals less basic then playstation and slightly less confusing. No slight on xbox I think they did a good job so far with this generation

47 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The should of went with roman numerals less basic then playstation and slightly less confusing. No slight on xbox I think they did a good job so far with this generation

I think they mostly just want it to be known as Xbox.  As the Ones are weeded out, it won't be an issue.  Lot of potential issues though, I can see people buying the wrong console.  I can see parents buying games along with digital edition consoles, etc. 

4 hours ago, Machine said:

When you say "ONE" is discontinued, you mean the standalone "ONE" in the name.

Example:

Does not exist... XBox One

DOES exist... XBox One S; XBox One X

45 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

When you say "ONE" is discontinued, you mean the standalone "ONE" in the name.

Example:

Does not exist... XBox One

DOES exist... XBox One S; XBox One X

No.  Xbox one.  One s and one x and are all discontinued.   Obviously some are lingering. 

18 hours ago, Machine said:

No.  Xbox one.  One s and one x and are all discontinued.   Obviously some are lingering. 

So if people want to game on XBox, the ONLY option they have is to buy one of the new "Series" consoles... that will be scarce availability (along with PS5 and Switch) for the next 2ish years.... lovely. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

So if people want to game on XBox, the ONLY option they have is to buy one of the new "Series" consoles... that will be scarce availability (along with PS5 and Switch) for the next 2ish years.... lovely. 

Didn't sound right to me either and would be unprecedented so I looked it up and it turns out he was wrong after all. The One S will still continue to be manufactured...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21327330/microsoft-xbox-one-x-s-digital-edition-discontinued

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Didn't sound right to me either and would be unprecedented so I looked it up and it turns out he was wrong after all. The One S will still continue to be manufactured...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21327330/microsoft-xbox-one-x-s-digital-edition-discontinued

My mistake. I didn't realize it was just the digital edition.  

It'll probably be like 149.99-199.99 now I imagine.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Machine said:

My mistake. I didn't realize it was just the digital edition.  

It'll probably be like 149.99-199.99 now I imagine.  

My One S still shows as $299 and out of stock at Best Buy (along with all the other XBOX Ones)... I should list that, my unopened controller, and unopened/unscratched 1 year Gold membership for at least $300. 

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

My One S still shows as $299 and out of stock at Best Buy (along with all the other XBOX Ones)... I should list that, my unopened controller, and unopened/unscratched 1 year Gold membership for at least $300. 

The new s is 299.99. It would be astronomically stupid for someone to buy the one s at 300.

Guess the price drop wouldn't go into effect until like November