Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

1 hour ago, EaglesFan said:

Wow, did not know about this feature, and yes I have an iPhone.  Very good to know.  Having not known about this option earlier, I created a dummy email account for my son, and got him a user profile that way.  However, last night he tried to play solo for the first time and we realized he can’t seem to play anything that I have downloaded via GamePass.  Definitely a bummer, but it is what it is I guess.  Should I get around to actually purchasing games digitally for the console, will he be able to play those on his own using his profile?

Set the console to be your home Xbox and it should allow him to play on his profile 

There is a step by step here 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wikihow.com/Share-an-Xbox-Game-Pass-with-Your-Family%3famp=1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

Ahh, success!  Thanks again!

I'm glad it worked. I think you can set up to 3 consoles as home consoles. I've been thinking of doing it with my dad so we can share DLC but haven't tried it yet. 

• Like 1

On a different note, has anyone taken part in the Halo Infinite beta testing?  I got into a flight last weekend and this one, and have yet to be able to actually play multiplayer.  I competed against bots for awhile in the academy or whatever, but whenever I try to launch multiplayer it just has me waiting endlessly.  Don’t know if there’s something additional/ different I’m supposed to be doing, or if this is just a quirk due to it being a technical preview.

3 minutes ago, Mat said:

I'm glad it worked. I think you can set up to 3 consoles as home consoles. I've been thinking of doing it with my dad so we can share DLC but haven't tried it yet. 

Yeah, that would be cool for you and he to be able to share, I imagine.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not sure where to put this.  I have an xbox with some age to it.  Two wireless controllers.  I play on occasion...and have been paying COD a little more as of late.  But both controllers batteries died within a few days of each other.  Replaced batteries in both and they both died again....like days later.  Anyone else run into an issue like this?  I can see if a controller is just old and needs to be replaced.  But both at virtually the same time?  Odd.  I am wondering if it's a console issue.  Thoughts?

Spend the $20 on the battery back would be my suggestion. I honestly didn't think people still used actual batteries in video game controllers, seems so cumbersome. 

• Like 2

Normally I'd say it's the battery packs but I think it might be the internal connection. I have the same issue with my 360 controllers and the battery packs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The USB cord option works fine.  I guess it's just old and the remote option isn't compatible anymore.  

Yeah if I plug the controller/battery pack in it will still work but the packs die quickly with little use. Initially I thought it was a pack issue until I had the same issue with the new ones. Xbox One has been really good so far so can't complain but my 360 controllers are probably all for the bin

• 1 month later...

If you are a Costco member, these are in stock with 1 additional controller and free shipping for $549. 

• Like 1

If true, not really helping the Xbox people who like to go on and on about how "great” game pass is. Lots of xbots touting that but seems like none of them actually have it :lol: 

• 1 month later...

Anything good to play while I do cardio. Just finished Far Cry 6 and enjoyed it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When playing Madden 23 solo has many problems that fans have reported but it is more than simply that mode, when you play as yourself after like week 4 it'll freeze up, when you quit the game and rejoin it'll make your position change when you go to upgrade the skill points.

• 10 months later...