Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Im finding the financing option a bit confusing. I'm seeing $35 per month for xbox series x. Which includes xbox gamepass for 2 years. Xbox gamepass ultimate is $15 per month ($360 over 2 years) so then you're basically paying $480 for the xbox series x? So by doing the financing you are basically saving $20 bucks?

Lol probably.  And they just rolled all of ea play into game pass at no additional charge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machine said:

Lol probably.  And they just rolled all of ea play into game pass at no additional charge.

Interesting. Idk what EA Play is but Ill take it. The financing option is a smart move by microsoft I think. Seems like it'd be a much easier sell to your parents as a kid than a $500 expenditure. 

Update, just looked at EA Play. Well thats a big deal actually to throw that in.

40 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Im finding the financing option a bit confusing. I'm seeing $35 per month for xbox series x. Which includes xbox gamepass for 2 years. Xbox gamepass ultimate is $15 per month ($360 over 2 years) so then you're basically paying $480 for the xbox series x? So by doing the financing you are basically saving $20 bucks?

Assuming obviously that after 2 years your $35 per month for the xbox charge is done and the console is officially yours.

I wonder how this is going to work. Will anyone be able to just walk into a brick and mortar store, or amazon, or microsoft website, and plunk down $35 and walk out with a XSX? 

1 minute ago, What The F said:

I wonder how this is going to work. Will anyone be able to just walk into a brick and mortar store, or amazon, or microsoft website, and plunk down $35 and walk out with a XSX? 

I guess would work the same as a cell phone contract. Maybe they run your credit idk.

2 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I guess would work the same as a cell phone contract. Maybe they run your credit idk.

I hope so. If not, good luck getting one. Everyone will be grabbing one because it cost next to nothing.  

• Like 1

Also, if you don't pay, do them come repo it?! :roll: like even if Digital-only version, you don't HAVE to be online to play. You can have single-player campaign games downloaded, disconnect from internet, and just play them offline locally. The only thing I could see them doing is remotely killing all online access since the console will have a MAC address or something that should be able to register it to you.

Then, not even scammers, but lets say after 6 months someone is broke or decides its not for them, and sells the system for like $200 used.... but still has "monthly contract". Does that mean the dude who dropped $200 for it may have the console brick out on them because the original owner still had payments that they didn't satisfy to Microsoft? 

18 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Also, if you don't pay, do them come repo it?! :roll: like even if Digital-only version, you don't HAVE to be online to play. You can have single-player campaign games downloaded, disconnect from internet, and just play them offline locally. The only thing I could see them doing is remotely killing all online access since the console will have a MAC address or something that should be able to register it to you.

Then, not even scammers, but lets say after 6 months someone is broke or decides its not for them, and sells the system for like $200 used.... but still has "monthly contract". Does that mean the dude who dropped $200 for it may have the console brick out on them because the original owner still had payments that they didn't satisfy to Microsoft? 

Seriously, it is so weird. Will be fascinating to see how it rolls out.

34 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

This isn't a new program.  It's already been going on.  My guess is yes, you don't pay, it goes to collections and you get billed the entire amount due for the rest of the contract. 

1 minute ago, Machine said:

This isn't a new program.  It's already been going on.  My guess is yes, you don't pay, it goes to collections and you get billed the entire amount due for the rest of the contract. 

we ain't talking about your layaway plan brah!

Xbox launched the beta for their cloud gaming service yesterday. Interesting concept, not sure how it will run but if it does it's a gamechanger. You can play games on your Android device by streaming it from their servers to your phone 

Going to trying in person Tuesday morning at Gamestop. Xbox should launch at 11am Tuesday est in the US.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Machine said:

Going to trying in person Tuesday morning at Gamestop. Xbox should launch at 11am Tuesday est in the US.  

Nice. Good luck.

I'm going to try online, we shall see how it goes, after the ps5 craziness I am a bit concerned.

5 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Nice. Good luck.

I'm going to try online, we shall see how it goes, after the ps5 craziness I am a bit concerned.

I'm concerned about the fact that bots will know the exact time to pre-order.  Id rather ensure a pre-order by getting there early.  If that fails I'll have amazon on my phone, etc.

Have Microsoft said anything about hiccups in production/limited units? I figured they should have enough that you could probably walk into a store day of launch and still get one. 

7 hours ago, Mat said:

Have Microsoft said anything about hiccups in production/limited units? I figured they should have enough that you could probably walk into a store day of launch and still get one. 

I mean I feel like Xbox consoles have always been readily available on store shelves. I know I’ve posted several pics on EMB in past years of xboxes for days on shelves when everything else is MIA

On 9/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, Mat said:

There hasn't been anything said but allegedly it's been in production longer and no reported issues.

Microsoft bought Bethesda Games today for 7.5 billion in cash. They will honor the 2 PS5 exclusives but beyond that probably that. 

Wonder if they begins an arms race 

On 9/19/2020 at 4:52 PM, Agent23 said:

I mean I feel like Xbox consoles have always been readily available on store shelves. I know I’ve posted several pics on EMB in past years of xboxes for days on shelves when everything else is MIA

I think anything before this gen is thrown out.  This gen is in a different world where gaming sales have been much higher and also this generation has been the most hyped gen in a long time.  

As much as you may not want to admit it, but Microsoft is probably going to gain some ground on Sony.  They have come a long way since the debacle of the kinect and xbox one.  They're releasing an option that will be very attractive to the average consumer without brand loyalty and also a high end model to appease the hardcore gamer.  Once they get their exclusives rolling I think it'll be a different story. Game pass is a fantastic value when you realize every single xbox exclusive comes day 1 for no additional fees. 

That's not to say I think they'll sell more consoles or anything, in fact, I don't think they care if they do.  Console wars are dead and anyone still trying to cling on to it is just a fan boy. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Microsoft bought Bethesda Games today for 7.5 billion in cash. They will honor the 2 PS5 exclusives but beyond that probably that. 

Wonder if they begins an arms race 

Lol. Boss move. Microsoft making money on ps5 games.  

If they make fallout, ESO, Elder scrolls vi or anything like that exclusive, that's a game changer.  I wouldn't be surprised if they still release those games on ps5 either. 

The arms race was already initiated by sony.  Microsoft is just trying to catch up. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, Machine said:

https://wccftech.com/low-xbox-pre-order-quantities-a-concern-for-gamestop-employees-xbox-series-s-to-be-limited-to-two-units-per-store/

3 hours ago, Machine said:

I think anything before this gen is thrown out.  This gen is in a different world where gaming sales have been much higher and also this generation has been the most hyped gen in a long time.  

As much as you may not want to admit it, but Microsoft is probably going to gain some ground on Sony.  They have come a long way since the debacle of the kinect and xbox one.  They're releasing an option that will be very attractive to the average consumer without brand loyalty and also a high end model to appease the hardcore gamer.  Once they get their exclusives rolling I think it'll be a different story. Game pass is a fantastic value when you realize every single xbox exclusive comes day 1 for no additional fees. 

That's not to say I think they'll sell more consoles or anything, in fact, I don't think they care if they do.  Console wars are dead and anyone still trying to cling on to it is just a fan boy. 

You don't think MS cares to sell more consoles than Sony?

Anyone else trying to get a preorder in tomorrow? What is your site of choice? I'll be trying, still deciding where I want to purchase it from if I have a choice at all. Based on ps5 experience I've read I may just take whatever I can get.

10 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Anyone else trying to get a preorder in tomorrow? What is your site of choice? I'll be trying, still deciding where I want to purchase it from if I have a choice at all. Based on ps5 experience I've read I may just take whatever I can get.

The link I posted has gamestop only getting a few per store. That's a bit alarming if true. 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The link I posted has gamestop only getting a few per store. That's a bit alarming if true. 

So not gamestop then lol

3 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You don't think MS cares to sell more consoles than Sony?

Not really.  They have PC, XBOX and now they are selling a streaming service to any device.  They're focusing on a subscription base.  Of course they care about selling consoles, but they have a lot more in the portfolio platform wise. 

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's true. 6 to 12 Xs,. 2 to 4 S per store.