Xbox Series X

BirdsFanBill

3 minutes ago, Machine said:

Not really.  They have PC, XBOX and now they are selling a streaming service to any device.  They're focusing on a subscription base.  Of course they care about selling consoles, but they have a lot more in the portfolio platform wise. 

It's true. 6 to 12 Xs,. 2 to 4 S per store.

Sony has their own streaming service as well. Having a large install base boosts subscription numbers. It's the reason why consoles are sold at a loss at launch and at very slim margins thereafter.

29 minutes ago, Machine said:

Not really.  They have PC, XBOX and now they are selling a streaming service to any device.  They're focusing on a subscription base.  Of course they care about selling consoles, but they have a lot more in the portfolio platform wise. 

It's true. 6 to 12 Xs,. 2 to 4 S per store.

What a disaster by Xbox if true. I'll have the phone, tablet and laptop ready to go 

43 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What a disaster by Xbox if true. I'll have the phone, tablet and laptop ready to go 

My guess is it's more about gamestop.  They want to sell those bundles to the truly desperate.  Also my gamestop got 12 ps preorders.  So not like it's much different

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Sony has their own streaming service as well. Having a large install base boosts subscription numbers. It's the reason why consoles are sold at a loss at launch and at very slim margins thereafter.

Yeah I am aware but from what I understand it's pretty garbage and also xcloud extends to every device and game pass is also on PC.

Had one in my cart at targets site couldnt check out tho when i clicked place order, now cart is empty.

check your orders.  My checkout didn't go to a confirmation screen but it showed up in my orders then I got a confirmation email a few minutes later.

They sold out fast here. Preorders were supposed to go live at one retailer at 8, they apparently sold all units PRIOR to going live somehow. Where I work the X's were all gone in minutes. There were S units still available though within the first 30 minutes but pretty sure they were all done within the hour. It's pretty nuts

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

MS Store checkout has been spinning for like 3-5 mins and counting... 

literally hit refresh after waiting, and a split second before I clicked the page finally loaded and showed "process order".... only for my refresh click to happen before my brain could process and stop the muscles from going into motion :roll:

don't next gen consoles have a history of being buggy/glitchy when they're first released?  :unsure:    i'm sure i'll get a ps5 at some point but i'll most likely wait until the 2nd wave. 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

don't next gen consoles have a history of being buggy/glitchy when they're first released?  :unsure:    i'm sure i'll get a ps5 at some point but i'll most likely wait until the 2nd wave. 

They are basically computers now so that shouldn't be an issue.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

I've never had a launch console issue. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Agent23 said:

literally hit refresh after waiting, and a split second before I clicked the page finally loaded and showed "process order".... only for my refresh click to happen before my brain could process and stop the muscles from going into motion :roll:

Haha that sucks 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Haha that sucks 

might still be in my cart... it keeps struggling lmao