I Miss Nick Foles

time2rock

There!!  I said it!!!!

He may not have the athletic ability Wentz has, but he is just a much more natural pure QB.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, time2rock said:

There!!  I said it!!!!

He may not have the athletic ability Wentz has, but he is just a much more natural pure QB.  

But at this point...what actual ability is Wentz showing thats better than Foles?? I agree with you on this....

2 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

He left. He's not coming back.

:rolleyes:  No ish Sherlock!  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

There!!  I said it!!!!

Better mechanics, better decision making, better head for the game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

He left. He's not coming back. Get over it.

Well he left and came back before :whistle:

D1EECD1B-3C6C-46B5-A4A5-0C2BEFEFBAF7-322-0000057BE9A8F4C2.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Yet you feel the need to start a thread about your lust.....:rolleyes:

Lust?!?!  WTF is wrong with you?!?!  I simply miss having that type of QB here (the accuracy, poise, decision-making, ...).  Don’t come at me with BS like "lust”.  

6 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Better mechanics, better decision making, better head for the game. 

Yes.  Exactly what I am talking about.  

Foles wouldnt have done much better than Wentz because he wont last a full season. If he wasn't injury prone, then would have preferred Foles over Wentz any day.....

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol this fanbase :facepalm:

Yeah pretty hard to understand why anyone would want the super bowl mvp and the best QB in franchise history over the worst quarterback in football. Baffling. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Foles wouldnt have done much better than Wentz because he wont last a full season. If he wasn't injury prone, then would have preferred Foles over Wentz any day.....

I agree since Carson Wentz is the picture of good health!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Yeah pretty hard to understand why anyone would want the super bowl mvp and the best QB in franchise history over the worst quarterback in football. Baffling. 

Lol he was beat out by Trubisky. Jags didn't want him

This fanbase :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

All that matters to us is what he did here...and what he did here was f'n win! I couldnt care less what hes done elsewhere, the Eagles shouldve never let him go,  and now they are reaping what they sew. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Nick is a good QB. He and Doug really clicked. I don't necessarily miss Foles per se, I miss seeing a QB who works well with his coach.

Don't forget that Nick has had more ups and downs and coaches and teams than Wentz. IMO it's given him a lot more perspective on the game and what it takes to win. Carson got a big payday without working as hard for it as Nick has.

Foles acts much more like a pro. Wentz acts like a spoiled brat. I think that's what people miss about Foles.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dawkamania06 said:

All that matters to us is what he did here...and what he did here was f'n win! I couldnt care less what hes done elsewhere, the Eagles shouldve never let him go,  and now they are reaping what they sew. 

I understand the decision to let him go.  At that time Wentz was a leading MVP candidate until the injury and they knew they’d have to pay him.  Can’t afford to pay 2 QBs top dollar.  I simply meant I miss having the type of QB in the mold of a Foles here.  I do think the play calling hasn’t helped Wentz much this year.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I understand the decision to let him go.  At that time Wentz was a leading MVP candidate until the injury and they knew they’d have to pay him.  Can’t afford to pay 2 QBs top dollar.  I simply meant I miss having the type of QB in the mold of a Foles here.  I do think the play calling hasn’t been too friendly for Wentz this year thus far.  

I understood it too..I just didnt agree with it, obviously. The Eagles invested a lot of time and money into Carson Wentz, he was drafted here to be THE guy. And the Eagles werent gonna pull the plug on him that soon. But like I said before ..I feel that reason alone is why Wentz is still here and Foles isnt. Had the Eagles not drafted Wentz and he came here via trade of free agency, he wouldve been gone. And no Im not turning this into Wentz vs Foles part 75! That horse is dead..Im just saying imo thats why Wentz is still here and I miss Foles for the same reasons you do. And yes the play calling has been terrible. Wentz showed a lot of guts today.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

He left. He's not coming back. Get over it.

Well since we are 0 for 2 drafting players from ND, it’s hard not to miss the guy that should be here instead of the loser we have. 

Joe Mays is the other jack leg we drafted from that sheet hole.

19 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Nick is a good QB. He and Doug really clicked. I don't necessarily miss Foles per se, I miss seeing a QB who works well with his coach.

Don't forget that Nick has had more ups and downs and coaches and teams than Wentz. IMO it's given him a lot more perspective on the game and what it takes to win. Carson got a big payday without working as hard for it as Nick has.

Foles acts much more like a pro. Wentz acts like a spoiled brat. I think that's what people miss about Foles.

How? What on the field has shown you this?

His comments after the game were not a good look. He come off like a condescending tool who blames others for the teams problems. 

• Like 1

BD St. Nick.  Our Super Bowl Hero.  

Yes, I am very grateful to Foles for stepping up at the most crucial of junctures and having 2 of the best games of his career when they were most needed.  Other than that INT bouncing off Alshon, he was flawless and rightfully deserved the SB MVP award.

I don't think Foles as our QB would overcome all the other multiple issues this team has right now.  There are so many things wrong that Foles would need to play every game like he did in the NFCCG/SB just for us to be playoff contenders.  And the odds of that with this patchwork OL and group of JAG WRs would make that task rather impossible.  Remember, he did have a few bad games filling in for Wentz over both seasons.  Though I will say that the team seemed to rally around and support Foles more than they have Wentz.  So there's something about his character/leadership that the players really respond to.  This team has too many issues to resolve to get back on track that one player won't make it all better, even Foles.  This is a bad football team right now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

I agree since Carson Wentz is the picture of good health!

They are both as equally unreliable one way or the other.