I Miss Nick Foles

time2rock

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My time.  Kinda like football on Sunday, don't know how you guys wait until 1 PM.  Waiting until 10 AM is a struggle for me some Sundays.

Personally, I like 1pm local time. Gives me plenty of time to run errands if need be, or small things I want to get done before kickoff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Both Foles and Wentz have played in 59 career regular season games.  Interesting to see the stats side by side.

Wentz

image.png.2d950153f9ab08e86bde4212da9af382.png

Foles

image.thumb.png.444086937daa63715e20f1ba824ab68f.png

This is why I think teams will figure him out this year and shut him down before they make the playoffs. He's just not as creative as Wentz. Less reckless, but not creative. Foles needs superior coaching to succeed. We'll see if Nagy can be that guy.

It seems apparent that the Bears were hoping to make it to the end of the season before inserting him into the lineup, but Trubisky is such a turnover machine in the 1st half of games, they had to play that card early.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:03 PM, Gannan said:

Better mechanics, better decision making, better head for the game. 

Better leader

The Eagles season is over. I hope Foles makes a deep run.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:31 PM, Madriver said:

I think teams will figure him (Foles) out this year and shut him down before they make the playoffs.

There's always that chance. Then it becomes a chess match of move, counter move and big plays.  

Last Sunday the Falcons game-planned for Trubisky and weren't able to adjust to Foles quick enough.

He's just not as creative as Wentz. Less reckless, but not creative.

Geeze, really tough crowd here re: Foles.  Wentz has largely looked like a  MORON  so far this year.

Not as creative ???  Last Sunday Foles did this: "The game-winner to Miller with 1:53 remaining came on a third-and-eight play that Foles changed at the line of scrimmage based on what he saw from the defense. In the huddle, Foles told Miller to run to the "L" in "ATL" in the end zone. Miller did, and that's exactly where Foles delivered the ball." 

Foles needs superior coaching to succeed. We'll see if Nagy can be that guy.

Again, really tough crowd here re: Foles. Coaching had virtually nothing to do with what I saw Foles do last Sunday. That was all his football smarts coupled with his ability to deliver a beautifully accurate long ball over & over.

It seems apparent that the Bears were hoping to make it to the end of the season before inserting him into the lineup, but Trubisky is such a turnover machine in the 1st half of games, they had to play that card early.

From what I've read by the Chicago 'talking heads' the only reason Foles didn't start game #1 (and Trubisky lasted this long) is because the brain-trust responsible for picking him didn't want to give up on him out of ego & embarrassment . . . and maybe even job security.

Oh, and a word or two about stats: they can be manipulated and / or ignored one way or the other in order to portray any desired result.

For our purposes here Stats are the province of the person who is desperate to support a desired point of view . . . especially in an otherwise specious argument.  

8 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

is because the brain-trust responsible for picking him didn't want to give up on him out of ego & embarrassment . . . and maybe even job security.

Gee, this sounds like some team I know in Philadelphia and how they're treating Wentz...

8 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Again, really tough crowd here re: Foles. Coaching had virtually nothing to do with what I saw Foles do last Sunday. That was all his football smarts coupled with his ability to deliver a beautifully accurate long ball over & over.

Foles hasn't played a full season in years. Let's see how he does when teams get tape on him. The pass was a beauty, but you can't tell me that Nagy and Reich (when Foles was here) had nothing to do with scheming those players open. Nick also had some garbage games here before they got him rolling on the RPOs, so yeah, it is coaching too. And if you think the crowd here is tough on Foles you haven't been reading the posts on Wentz, Doug and Howie lately.

12 hours ago, Madriver said:

Gee, this sounds like some team I know in Philadelphia and how they're treating Wentz...

Absolutely correct . . . and at this point it's all well-deserved.  The first 2 games both Wentz & Pederson looked like rooks out there.    :facepalm:

Foles hasn't played a full season in years.

Neither has Wentz. (2016)  Although he did play all 16 reg. season games last year but got knocked out of the playoff game by the illegal Clowney hit. 

Let's see how he does when teams get tape on him.

Agree.  I'm getting the popcorn ready.

The pass was a beauty, but you can't tell me that Nagy and Reich (when Foles was here) had nothing to do with scheming those players open.

No argument. I was just sayin'  for those particular situations in that particular game. I'm sure Nagy will be looking at everything Foles has done and will tailor his game-plan accordingly. He won't admit it but you just know he's got visions of a Super Bowl dancing in his head.  

Nick also had some garbage games here before they got him rolling on the RPOs, so yeah, it is coaching too.

The Raider game after taking over for Wentz sticks out to me. I don't count the Cowboy game to end the reg. season B/C Foles only played the 1st Q and they rested other starters as well. But Foles did look crappy in that 1 quarter.

And if you think the crowd here is tough on Foles you haven't been reading the posts on Wentz, Doug and Howie lately.

I'm good with all of that, it's well-deserved criticism. What we've seen here in the first 3 games is absolutely unacceptable under any circumstance . . . unless the 2nd & 3rd teamers are playing or it's a  STRIKE  situation and the  SCABS  are playing. It's pitiful.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

I really thought this thread would be live today.  I had so many things ready for the Cult of Foles today.  Kinda bummed.

They only talk him up when he is playing well. When he has one of his really sheet games like his one against the colts they tend to forget about him.