I Miss Nick Foles

time2rock

12 hours ago, Gannan said:

Carson has had a longer leash because he was the #2 overall pick. He should have lost his starting job twice by now. 

Mitch Trubisky was also the #2 overall pick, but the Bears pulled the trigger despite having a winning record. Kind of feels like the Eagles are waiting for something that just isn’t going to happen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mitch Trubisky was also the #2 overall pick, but the Bears pulled the trigger despite having a winning record. Kind of feels like the Eagles are waiting for something that just isn’t going to happen. 

Trubisky is also on his rookie contract and the Bears didn’t give up all the picks that we gave up to move up for Wentz.  

To me this is Doug and his stubborn philosophy of trying to force his QB to work his way out of his funk.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Trubisky is also on his rookie contract and the Bears didn’t give up all the picks that we gave up to move up for Wentz.  

To me this is Doug and his stubborn philosophy of trying to force his QB to work his way out of his funk.  

Well with so many other decisions that are above Doug’s head (to include picking his own staff) how can we be so sure there aren’t  people above Doug pulling the strings? Honestly there isn’t much of another choice, but if Foles were here I do wonder if they would keep putting Carson out there.

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well with so many other decisions that are above Doug’s head (to include picking his own staff) how can we be so sure there aren’t  people above Doug pulling the strings? Honestly there isn’t much of another choice, but if Foles were here I do wonder if they would keep putting Carson out there.

I think they would.  Wentz has gone through bad patches before (although not as extensive and as bad as this one) and they never benched him before (almost included "considered” but decided against it because how would we know what is discussed behind closed doors).  

Looks like I'm a Bears fan after I turn the Eagle game off:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/nagy-names-foles-bears-starting-quarterback

Wonder if Wentz ever does this:

"The game-winner to Miller with 1:53 remaining came on a third-and-eight play that Foles changed at the line of scrimmage based on what he saw from the defense. In the huddle, Foles told Miller to run to the "L" in "ATL" in the end zone. Miller did, and that's exactly where Foles delivered the ball."

9 hours ago, VeeMak said:

And, to be fair, he was drafted by Andy for the system that Doug and Reich run.  He is a natural fit.  

Nagy is from the Reid tree in Chicago too so gonna be interesting to see

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We also don’t have another option, Hurts isn’t ready yet. 

5 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Nagy is from the Reid tree in Chicago too so gonna be interesting to see

Plus Flip is there as QB coach.  When he was here in the same role that is when both We z and Foles played the best ball of their careers.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Plus Flip is there as QB coach.  When he was here in the same role that is when both We z and Foles played the best ball of their careers.  

BDN for comeback player of year?

:ph34r::ph34r:

54 minutes ago, time2rock said:

What other Eagles coach pursued that "keep firin' " philosophy? Didn't work then either.

33 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

I b thinkin Ben or Aldon Smith b lockz for dat dis year.

^^ this

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I'd take 93 these past 3 games.

No kidding, more "meh” and less "hurl” would be nice 

It’s like McNabb 2.0 but with more INT’s.  After injuries, the legs couldn’t hide the slow decision making and the refusal to fix mechanics.  Immobile, inaccurate, uncoachable. 

34 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Foles is gone and not coming back. Moving to ATNFL, discuss Foles' NFL career there.

And quit the personal attacks.

Thanks Mod 5

12 hours ago, Gannan said:

We also don’t have another option, Hurts isn’t ready yet. 

That’s true, but with so many of our picks flopping lately I doubt he gonna be any good either. 

12 hours ago, time2rock said:

I think they would.  Wentz has gone through bad patches before (although not as extensive and as bad as this one) and they never benched him before (almost included "considered” but decided against it because how would we know what is discussed behind closed doors).  

It might be harder to tell the team that you aren’t going to play a SB MVP And guy who led you to the playoffs twice and stick with the guy who’s killing your season. I don’t know if the players would accept that.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s true, but with so many of our picks flopping lately I doubt he gonna be any good either. 

Agreed, but I'm holding out slim hope. 

10 hours ago, kentwo said:

Losing Frank and Flip has hurt Wentz's development more than expected. Also, Doug looks like a poor talent developer. 

this. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll say this... Nice and simple...I don't miss Foles. There i said it. 

Me either.  Was just looking at both of their stats, I’ll have an interesting analysis at lunchtime.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Me either.  Was just looking at both of their stats, I’ll have an interesting analysis at lunchtime.

Lunchtime by Washington state time, or Pennsylvania state time? That’s gonna suck if us east coasters gotta wait an extra 3 hours. :angry: :lol:

15 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lunchtime by Washington state time, or Pennsylvania state time? That’s gonna suck if us east coasters gotta wait an extra 3 hours. :angry: :lol:

My time.  Kinda like football on Sunday, don't know how you guys wait until 1 PM.  Waiting until 10 AM is a struggle for me some Sundays.