I Miss Nick Foles

time2rock

Just now, downundermike said:

Let’s see Foles do it for a full season

We haven’t seen Carson do it for a full season yet, so what difference does it really make?  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Without Foles, Wentz has no ring. 🤷‍♂️

That's your counter argument? Lol

Just now, VeeMak said:

We haven’t seen Carson do it for a full season yet, so what difference does it really make?  

Foles has been in the league longer though

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I aint arguing sht. Foles helped us win the damn SB. Appreciate it. Without him this teams still at ZERO Lombardi. Respect it.

BDN hasn't played all season, comes in and throws 3 TDs in a quarter for a monster comeback win.  Meanwhile, the "franchise QB" we chose over him has 3 passing TD's in 3 games...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

BDN hasn't played all season, comes in and throws 3 TDs in a quarter for a monster comeback win.  Meanwhile, the "franchise QB" we chose over him has 3 passing TD's in 3 games...

You know, Atlanta must absolutely HATE Foles. Every time he shows up, they lose to him.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol he was beat out by Trubisky. Jags didn't want him

This fanbase :facepalm:

He did replace trubisky today to throw 3 TDs ano lead them back for the W. I don't want him back but I think he's just beat out trubisky. 

9 hours ago, downundermike said:

Without Carson Wentz Nick Foles is not in a position to win the super bowl and we are not having this conversation.

Irrelevant.

All that's relevant is: what Foles does when he takes over.

And again, 3 years later, when Foles comes in all he does is throw TDs & win games.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Umm...ok

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Knew this was coming.  Nick Foles lost his job as the starter all 3 times, including in Philly when he opened the season as the starter.

Carson has had a longer leash because he was the #2 overall pick. He should have lost his starting job twice by now. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

You know, Atlanta must absolutely HATE Foles. Every time he shows up, they lose to him.

No they just hate big leads. I was literally monitoring that score thinking that games not over

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVeagle said:

I miss Frank Reich.

I miss Blount, Torrey Smith, Brent Celek, Healthy Ajayi, Quiet Alshon, Rookie Clement, Patrick Robinson (that pick 6), heck even Donnie Jones, best one punt sb winning performance ever

I miss Frank Reich.

Reich has done something good for this team quietly.  Expect him to turn the Colts around.

Doug brought in some offensive minds to help this season, without hiring a traditional OC.  This set-up has not produced much result, quite the opposite and the offense is suffering.

• Like 1

I miss Frank Reich.

Yep.  Wentz hasn't played anywhere near the level he did in 2017 when Reich was here who surely had a huge hand in his development.  Ditto Flip.  I do think a lot of Carson's issues are from lacking a stronger coaching staff to help his continued development (Groh?  now gone thankfully;  Taylor?).  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Stupid post.   Foles is extremely inconsistent and couldn’t keep the starting job anywhere he’s been.  Get over it.  

You’re an idiot 

Classy responses by a classy guy. 

Let’s try reasoning and comparing instead of name calling, shall we?

Foles stats as an Eagle:

32 GS, 21-11 record, 62.9% completion, 8,703 yds, 58 TD’s, 23 INT, 26 Fumbles, 5.6% sack rate, 7 4QC’s, 9 GWD, 93 Passer Rating, 4-2 record in playoffs (and his QB rating and completion percentage soar), Super Bowl victor and MVP

Wentz stats:

59 GS, 32-26-1 record, 63.6% completion, 14,928 yards, 100 TD’s, 41 INT, 51 Fumbles, 6% sack rate, 7 4QC, 8 GWD, 91 QB rating. ZERO playoff wins

• Like 2

Foles for once just needs to put 16 games together. He struggles when the expectations for him are high.

He puts 16 "Nick Foles” games together, he wins MVP and is just the best QB on the planet. 

Truly bizarre the highs and lows you get with him. From completely unplayable and outright historical to barely NFL caliber. 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:34 PM, downundermike said:

Nick Foles lost his job as the starter all 3 times, including in Philly when he opened the season as the starter.

You can believe whatever you want, I don't care . . . but  when I hear or see words like yours I almost flip-out.

You have a pre-conceived notion based upon certain statistics. Then you make assumptions based in speculation.

The first thing I would say to you is: past performance doesn't predict future performance & visa versa. Next I would

tell you to discard everything Nick Foles did prior to the Wentz knee injury . . . except for his  27 - 2  TD / INT ratio, which

shows you what he's capable of. His jersey & spikes are in Canton Ohio along with Peyton Manning's for a reason.

We all know what he did here after almost quitting the league due to the problems he was having with known  'QB-Killer'

Jeff Fisher. After getting his dream job & salary with Jacksonville in 2019 he gets crushed in the first Q of his first game

as a Jaguar while tossing a perfect, long arcing TD pass. And he breaks the same clavicle for the 2nd time on the same

shoulder that was also broken before! Talk about bad luck!  He wasn't 'right' when they brought him back too soon much

the same as Wentz wasn't  'right'  when the Eags brought him back from his knee injury too soon. So here we are in 2020

and he's backing up Trubisky on Da Bears. Of course the Bears are gonna go with Trubisky  b/c they have $$, time & draft

capital invested in him. Barring catastrophic failure (which apparently happened yesterday) they're gonna go with 'Their Guy.' 

Bottom line: Foles has a history of coming in in relief and scoring TDs and winning games. The jury is still out on him being

an every day starting QB but who cares??  He's winning again and I don't know what more you could ask of him.

Cut him some slack.    

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

You can believe whatever you want, I don't care . . . but  when I hear or see words like yours I almost flip-out.

You have a pre-conceived notion based upon certain statistics. Then you make assumptions based in speculation.

Went into 2014 as the Eagles starter, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by Sanchez.

Traded to Rams, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by all the other scrub QB's on the roster.

Signed big contract with Jacksonville, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by rookie Gardner Minshew.

Traded to Bears, lost out to Trubisky.  Lets see how he does now that teams are game planning for him.

I love Nick Foles for what he did for the Eagles, but he is a lightning in a bottle QB, and has never succeeded when he started the season as the starter.

2 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Reich has done something good for this team quietly.  Expect him to turn the Colts around.

Doug brought in some offensive minds to help this season, without hiring a traditional OC.  This set-up has not produced much result, quite the opposite and the offense is suffering.

Ah-hah....

Someone hasn't heard.

Part of the reason I see the Bears truly making noise this season is beacuse not only has Foles beat out Trubisky...

Guess who's running that Bears O this season? Yup...

Ring-Reaching-Reich AND DeFilippo!

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We all know the stats dingus.  We all know the results.  The Eagles weren't going to draft Wentz 2nd overall and then  few years later, pay Foles starting QB money.  Great that they didn't, because he's not worth it.  Hate Wentz all you want.  But you're a moron if you keep saying Foles was the long term answer.  Cause he wasn't and isn't.  Not in Philly, twice, KC. St Louis and now Chicago.  

Get over it.  

You’re a real class act, chief.  Calling fellow members idiots, morons, etc.  

Perhaps you are trying to overcompensate for a deficiency.  I come with stats and evidence, you come with insults.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Went into 2014 as the Eagles starter, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by Sanchez.

Traded to Rams, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by all the other scrub QB's on the roster.

Signed big contract with Jacksonville, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by rookie Gardner Minshwe.

Traded to Bears, lost out to Trubisky.  Lets see how he does now that teams are game planning for him.

I love Nick Foles for what he did for the Eagles, but he is a lightning in a bottle QB, and has never succeeded when he started the season as the starter.

Foles seems to be one of those "system QBs" that will thrive in the right system but not perform well in others.  He played well in the offensive scheme developed by Pederson, Reich, and Flip.  It was unfortunate what happened to him when he went to Jax with the injury, and no QB played well under Fisher (Rams).  It will be interesting for sure to see how well he does now that he is the assumed starter in Chicago where he will be working once again in system similar to Doug's (Nagy and Pederson both having been cut from Reid's cloth) and where he also reunites with QB coach Flip.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Foles seems to be one of those "system QBs" that will thrive in the right system but not perform well in others.  He played well in the offensive scheme developed by Pederson, Reich, and Flip.  It was unfortunate what happened to him when he went to Jax with the injury, and no QB played well under Fisher (Rams).  It will be interesting for sure to see how well he does now that he is the assumed starter in Chicago where he will be working once again in system similar to Doug's (Nagy and Pederson both having been cut from Reid's cloth) and where he also reunites with QB coach Flip.  

And, to be fair, he was drafted by Andy for the system that Doug and Reich run.  He is a natural fit.