I Miss Nick Foles

time2rock

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When you make idiotic posts.  You get called an Idiot.  Chief.  

You have zero class, and provide nothing to the conversation.  You are a waste of time at this point.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This thread is a complete and utter ish show, mostly thanks to you.  I'm hijacking it because you're an idiot.  Go back to Fumunda

Whatever...you are an Internet tough guy with nothing to add to a discussion.  You just hate the fact that you’re wrong, been proven wrong, and have no go to except insults and "hijacking”.  

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

He may not have the athletic ability Wentz has, but he is just a much more natural pure QB.  

Hmmmm, Some of us were saying that a few years back after we won that one special game called the superbowl but took a lot of flack from the usual message board dopeheads..

• Like 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Proven wrong by some dingus who has a hard on for a lifetime backup QB.  Good job there Chief.  

That must make it sting even worse for you.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not at all.  Foles couldn't win the starting job against Trubisky to start the season.  All the proof I need to be right.......again and again and again.  

Trubisky, like Wentz, is the guy a lot of draft Capital was staked to get.  GM’s and coaches get canned for getting those things wrong.  Trubisky was going to get runway this year no matter what.  Interesting that in 2 quarters, Foles has already outplayed Wentz and Trubisky in 3 games.  

The real question now is who is the bigger bust?  Wentz or Trubisky?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Trubisky should have never been drafted that high.  I wouldn't consider him as much of a bust, more a massive reach by Chicago.  Wentz showed his value in 2016 and 2017 and then we all know what happened.  His biggest issue up until this year was being too reckless with his body.  But now it's about mechanics and confidence (lack there of).  Foles has and will always be very streaky.  Yes, he caught fire and won us a SB.  He looked like complete garbage the first 2 games of 2018,  that fans were clamoring for Wentz to come back.  Foles then streaked again until the bubble burst in the 2nd half against the Saints and AJ made that drop.  Since then, Foles hasn't been able to grab and keep a starting job in Jax or Chicago.  Getting beat out by Minshew and the aforementioned Trubisky.   So that's 5 franchises now, Foles hasn't been able to get and keep the starting job at.  At least 6 HC (Phi, STL, KC, Phi, Jax and Chi) have went in another direction.  But according to you, out of all of those teams and coaching staffs, the Eagles are the only idiots for not signing him to a long term deal and having all of that money on two inconsistent QB's instead of one, on a squad that was already in cap trouble?!

Yeah, that's why you're an idiot.  

You leave a tremendous amount of context out of the conversation.  1. Foles operates in a WCO, that’s why he was drafted by AR, and that’s why he had success under Reich, D Flip, and DP.  2. Fisher’s track record with QB’s not named McNair is the reason he isn’t coaching in the NFL. 3. In KC, Alex Smith was already the guy, but Foles won 2 games when Smith went down concussed.  4. 2nd stint with Eagles, SB MVP.  Eagles already pigeon holed with Wentz. 5. Injured in Jax and a bad fit to boot.

Now, I am not sure how you’ve concluded that I suggested we should have kept both.  Eagles had to make a choice, commit to Wentz or Foles.  Conventional wisdom says keep the high ceiling guy on his rookie deal, which is what they did.  It just so happens that Wentz was not as good as we had all hoped he would be.

But, please, continue hurling insults.  You are quite entertaining. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gannan said:

His comments after the game were not a good look. He come off like a condescending tool who blames others for the teams problems. 

So he pulled a McNabb...

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you agree they needed to keep Wentz and not Foles?  :wacko:

image.thumb.jpeg.4c07865d90f26d32257b63d62a3bd436.jpeg

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Foles seems to be one of those "system QBs" that will thrive in the right system but not perform well in others.  He played well in the offensive scheme developed by Pederson, Reich, and Flip.  It was unfortunate what happened to him when he went to Jax with the injury, and no QB played well under Fisher (Rams).  It will be interesting for sure to see how well he does now that he is the assumed starter in Chicago where he will be working once again in system similar to Doug's (Nagy and Pederson both having been cut from Reid's cloth) and where he also reunites with QB coach Flip.  

Eh, to be honest I think he’s just streaky. Don’t think it has anything to do with thriving in just the right system. He did well for one year in Chip’s offense, had a nice playoff run in Doug’s offense. 

Even in 2018 when he started the season he was absolutely awful in week 1 against Atlanta, then had a pretty good but not great game against an admittedly terrible Tampa team. Then Wentz gets hurt again late in the season, has a pretty average performance against the Rams, before turning it on for the last two games... then the playoffs come and he played like crap honestly. People like to remember the Alshon drop late in the division round but neglect to remember that Foles played poorly against the Bears and they got lucky on the missed field goal. Then he played even worse in the Saints game, which is why they needed to try to make that late TD drive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Foles couldn't win the starting job against Trubisky to start the season. 

Incorrect.  Foles was never gonna start. He was brought in to push Trubisky and to take over if he crashed & burned. Like Wentz & the Eags Da Bears have time, $$ & draft capital invested in Trubisky and it's his job to lose. 

All the proof I need to be right.......again and again and again.

You're a legend in your own mind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, What The F said:

LMAO!!! But wearing a Vick jersey on his quest to get Nick Foles!  

Put him down for another record in the NFL books.

"Foles became the second quarterback in NFL history to complete a comeback by throwing three fourth-quarter touchdown passes with under 7 minutes remaining in the game."

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can’t even quote and reply correctly.  But keep on with the Bold letters.  It really works for you.  

I quote & reply any damned way I please, thanks . . . and if you're gonna mock someone you really should know how to spell  FRUMUNDA, ya dope.

These southern guys got no brains . . . 

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Went into 2014 as the Eagles starter, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by Sanchez.

Traded to Rams, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by all the other scrub QB's on the roster.

Signed big contract with Jacksonville, lost his job due to a combination of poor play and injuries, and was out played by rookie Gardner Minshew.

Traded to Bears, lost out to Trubisky.  Lets see how he does now that teams are game planning for him.

I love Nick Foles for what he did for the Eagles, but he is a lightning in a bottle QB, and has never succeeded when he started the season as the starter.

He wasn't outplayed by Sanchez... Jaguars also made stupid mistake like the eagle's going with the younger QB. His so called lightning got eagles through playoffs and Superbowl. Dude fit the team.

2 hours ago, What The F said:

That would have been better if the guy was wearing a 9 jersey.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, McNabbIsDone said:

These southern guys got no brains . . . 

your dad is the one with no brains. he shoulda rolled over and shot you out the window.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

He wasn't outplayed by Sanchez... Jaguars also made stupid mistake like the eagle's going with the younger QB. His so called lightning got eagles through playoffs and Superbowl. Dude fit the team.

His career regular season passer rating as an eagle is about 93. Very "meh” in today’s nfl. 

44 minutes ago, nipples said:

His career regular season passer rating as an eagle is about 93. Very "meh” in today’s nfl. 

I'd take 93 these past 3 games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I'd take 93 these past 3 games.

Well Wentz has a career QB rating of 88.1.  His rating peaked in 2017 and 2018 with a rating right around 102 both years (101.9 in 2017, 102.2 in 2018) but has been in steady decline since.  Granted injuries (to those around him) have contributed to that, but I also firmly believe the poor play calling by Doug is a strong contributing factor.  Unfortunately all of that appears to have led to a QB with a massive confidence issue.  I do hope for his sake and ours he can work his way out of this funk.