Jordan Mailata

ManchesterEagle

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

They probably do the stupid thing and put Peters in for Mailata, and bump Mailata to the other side of the line. Maybe. Then when Peters gets injured AGAIN, and the have to put Mailata where he should have stayed in the 1st place. Talk about player mismanagement. Why let Peters take reps away from Mailata, when Peters is only going to get hurt again? I don't care if Peters becomes a Hall of Famer- he has freekin worn out his welcome with this "hang on forever, steal other players development" selfish BS. It's disruptive to the other players, to the team. I am sick of this guy because he has MADE me become sick of him. JP- just hang 'em up. Your body has been screaming for you to do so for the last 3 years. F ing do it.

The story I heard on the radio tonight is Peters has been practicing at LT and Mialata has been at RT. 

• Like 1

Peters will get KOed sometime during the game and Mailata will be back at LT. Just have to hope Driscol recovers soon to take over at RT, I think Lane is done for the year...

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The story I heard on the radio tonight is Peters has been practicing at LT and Mialata has been at RT. 

There we go F up another lineman for damn jason Peter's. Mailata has never played football before so now let's start bouncing him back and forth

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There we go F up another lineman for damn jason Peter's. Mailata has never played football before so now let's start bouncing him back and forth

Couldn't agree more. Why can't this organisation just move on from Peters? Accept the fact that he's done and either move him inside or have him as depth. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Couldn't agree more. Why can't this organisation just move on from Peters? Accept the fact that he's done and either move him inside or have him as depth. 

If depth wasn't such an issue I would say cut him. They paid him to nothing anyways. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If depth wasn't such an issue I would say cut him. They paid him to nothing anyways. 

Id consider cutting him anyway. Bring in a cheap veteran or just roll with the young guys like Wanogho. Honestly JP is done here or at least should me. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is where Mailata has been practicing since we drafted Dillard. We saw Dillard really struggle with the same move last year. I expect Mailata will have a much better showing since he has had a large amount of his training there. That Mailata has looked promising at LT demonstrates his versatility. I believe his training at RT (since the Dillard pick) is why the Eagles were afraid to pencil Mailata in as the replacement at LT right after Dillard went down. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Depth is an issue but he’s been so bad this year that it wouldn’t be unfathomable to grab a street free agent and get similar performance. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nipples said:

Depth is an issue but he’s been so bad this year that it wouldn’t be unfathomable to grab a street free agent and get similar performance. 

True, we all know they won't though

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Trouble with that is it'll cost more. And then what? They are paying JP as a LT but move him to RG? I mean I like the idea i really do. I would love them to just stick it a little to JP after his actions after being asked to move to LT... But it'll cost more and we can't afford that sadly.

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly.  Mailata is potentially the starter at LT next year.  Keep him at LT to gain more experience.  Why mess with his development by making him switch sides?

They have a strange addiction to Jason Peters. He was playing horribly this season before injury anyway.

• Like 1

He's been practicing at RT since we drafted Dillard and not one person here griped that we were screwing up his career to have him fill in at LT for JP this year ... 

Sometimes I wonder if the people here that complain so much actually follow this team at all. 

Did anyone hear Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug's call with reporters today? It was the most astounding and dumbfounding excuse for playing Jason I've ever heard. Like, he is purposely playing Jason over Jordan as a detriment to the development of youth simply because they paid Jason.

18 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He's been practicing at RT since we drafted Dillard and not one person here griped that we were screwing up his career to have him fill in at LT for JP this year ... 

Sometimes I wonder if the people here that complain so much actually follow this team at all. 

Practicing is one thing, starting and playing in regular season games is another.  Sure, he's practiced on both but they have to stop playing musical chairs and get some stability.  Now that Jordan has been playing LT it makes sense to keep him there to continue to develop.  You want more games to evaluate what he is for this team going forward.  We already know Peters won't be back next year (at least he shouldn't be).  

Part of the frustration is because Peters is done, he was getting destroyed out there this year before getting hurt again.  If Dillard had remained healthy and were the LT and Lane went down and they put Mailata at RT that's one thing.  But in this situation, Mailata is the best option at LT and you need to develop and get game experience.  He's had 2 years of watching film and "seeing the big picture."  He's JUST now getting starting experience in a string of games then you yank him?  Same with Dillard last year, he was playing well then got benched again for Peters.  The young guys need the reps and game experience.  

Lane returning is different, he is still playing at a high level.  Peters is done and should be the one benched and rotated in as a backup.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:46 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Id consider cutting him anyway. Bring in a cheap veteran or just roll with the young guys like Wanogho. Honestly JP is done here or at least should me. 

Why? If they do that they incur more than $4 million in dead money charges with zero cap relief.

Peters is, without question, the greatest OL in Eagles history and a sure fire HOF player.  I don't get the hate. Yes, he's over the hill but the Eagles clearly are out of options. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Why? If they do that they incur more than $4 million in dead money charges with zero cap relief.

Peters is, without question, the greatest OL in Eagles history and a sure fire HOF player.  I don't get the hate. Yes, he's over the hill but the Eagles clearly are out of options. 

The hate? I love what he's done for this team but what he did during the off season, in my opinion, was disgusting. And then he went in at LT and absolutely sucked. So for me I just don't want him here anymore. Doesn't change what he's done. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Practicing is one thing, starting and playing in regular season games is another.  Sure, he's practiced on both but they have to stop playing musical chairs and get some stability.  Now that Jordan has been playing LT it makes sense to keep him there to continue to develop.  You want more games to evaluate what he is for this team going forward.  We already know Peters won't be back next year (at least he shouldn't be).  

Part of the frustration is because Peters is done, he was getting destroyed out there this year before getting hurt again.  If Dillard had remained healthy and were the LT and Lane went down and they put Mailata at RT that's one thing.  But in this situation, Mailata is the best option at LT and you need to develop and get game experience.  He's had 2 years of watching film and "seeing the big picture."  He's JUST now getting starting experience in a string of games then you yank him?  Same with Dillard last year, he was playing well then got benched again for Peters.  The young guys need the reps and game experience.  

Lane returning is different, he is still playing at a high level.  Peters is done and should be the one benched and rotated in as a backup.

I think it's just as valuable to see what Mailata can do at RT. Afterall, the current plan is probably still to project Dillard at LT next year, once he is healthy. If Mailata can handle this move and play equally well at RT, that addresses an immediate need and at the same time helps Mailata become that valuable swing tackle we always seem to need. Of course, this assumes Dillard can become the LT the Eagles hoped they drafted last year. He did play alright at LT last year when he did get the chance, but moving him to RT was a disaster. So this current thing (we are discussing here) is a good opportunity for Mailata.

19 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Jason has tarnished his legacy here with his bs the last 3 years. He is not alone in placing blame. Doug, Howie and Lurie all play a part. They want to get younger and still hold onto the past. His importance and relationship to the team was never in question. His desire to play wasn't. But the constant, pulling himself in and out of games, the nagging injuries, the needing more money to play has really changed my view.

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think it's just as valuable to see what Mailata can do at RT. Afterall, the current plan is probably still to project Dillard at LT next year, once he is healthy. If Mailata can handle this move and play equally well at RT, that addresses an immediate need and at the same time helps Mailata become that valuable swing tackle we always seem to need. Of course, this assumes Dillard can become the LT the Eagles hoped they drafted last year. He did play alright at LT last year when he did get the chance, but moving him to RT was a disaster. So this current thing (we are discussing here) is a good opportunity for Mailata.

I agree. Mailata is already better than that pathetic swing tackle we had play LT in the superbowl - can’t even remember his name.