Jordan Mailata

ManchesterEagle

He’s gonna be elite for a long time. He’s never played football in his life before the NFL. He’s never started any game at any level until last week. And he held his own against a team that went to the SB and then the best defense in the NFL the week after. That is insanely impressive. I mean think about that. How many OTs have we seen in this league who HAVE played college and high school football at a high level who go into the NFL and get dominated in their first few starts because they just aren’t ready? This dude has none of that experience and he’s pancaking dude in his 2nd ever start on a top level defense.

bright future for this guy. LT of the future.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with how Jordan's played. At this point, which is way too early to say this but hey, this is TATE... I say the job is his to lose and Dillard's gonna have to fight to win it back. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm very happy with how Jordan's played. At this point, which is way too early to say this but hey, this is TATE... I say the job is his to lose and Dillard's gonna have to fight to win it back. 

I think that's a great situation for this offense though isn't it. Use the draft picks on other positions next year and let them fight it out in camp for the starters job. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

My favorite band by far.  Especially in this day and age where music isnt very good, Tool is a special band and there is nothing like them out there.  

Had the privilege of seeing them with Meshuggah back in 2002 I think it was.  Greatest concert I've ever seen and at that time I wasn't nearly the fan I am today.   Blew my mind how great they were.  Think I sat there with my jaw hanging down for the entire show.  Was planning to go see them in May but the pandemic hit.

Here's to hoping we dont have to wait another 13 years for another album.  Btw, The Grudge to me is their best song.  I know I'm in the minority with that but just my opinion.  They really dont have any bad songs.

Huge Meshuggah fan as well. Mastodon too, although I much prefer their older stuff. 

I'd actually Tool not release another album. Did not like the last one, at least by Tool standards. Maynard has obviously grown bored of Tool and it shows. I'd rather him go on to make what is in my opinion, completely worthless music with Puscifer. Even the last APC album was garbage for me. And I actually mean garbage on that one. I think I'd rather listen to Muse than APC's last album. 

17 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Huge Meshuggah fan as well. Mastodon too, although I much prefer their older stuff. 

I'd actually Tool not release another album. Did not like the last one, at least by Tool standards. Maynard has obviously grown bored of Tool and it shows. I'd rather him go on to make what is in my opinion, completely worthless music with Puscifer. Even the last APC album was garbage for me. And I actually mean garbage on that one. I think I'd rather listen to Muse than APC's last album. 

Yeah Meshuggah is awesome.  I never really got into Mastodon or APC.  Judith is a really good song but that's all I really like from them.

I love the new album.  The instrumentals stick out way more on the new album than Maynards vocals do.  But it is a little bit more of a mellow album than their previous stuff.

I'd love to get as much music from these guys because you never know when they will be done.  Danny Carey is almost 60.  We wont ever hear music like them again so give us whatever you have.  

I'm wondering about a Dillard/Mailata combination as bookend tackles.  I hate to punt on yet another 1st round pick and I think Lane's body is quitting a bit early on him.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I'm wondering about a Dillard/Mailata combination as bookend tackles.  I hate to punt on yet another 1st round pick and I think Lane's body is quitting a bit early on him.

At this point I would trade Dillard. They have Lane, Mailata, Driscoll and Toth, plus Tega on the PS. Considering how well we develop olinemen, I would take the chance to flip Dillard before the draft next year, or I would be calling team's in need of oline help who have a former top pick on IR at a position we need (LB, CB, S.)

• Like 1

What about a line that looks like.............

Mailata Dillard (rookie) Brooks Johnson 

29 minutes ago, What The F said:

What about a line that looks like.............

Mailata Dillard (rookie) Brooks Johnson 

Haven't the whispers on the winds always been that Seumalo would one day take over C from Kelce?  Not that I'd be against a rookie C.  Would Dillard be suited to play LG?  I thought his strengths were technique and finesse (especially in pass pro) while his weaknesses are strength and being a road grader.  He's going to be facing bigger boys on the interior.  Maybe Seumalo comes back to LG and a rookie at C?  And if a rookie at C then we're most likely talking about no later than a 3rd round pick.

10 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

TJ Watt getting destroyed

That guy is so freaking big and strong. If he can work on technique and continue to improve he really could be a beast.

If he plays well the rest of the year he could be in line for a multi year extension (Contract up after next year). Which potentially means we could get him on the cheap if we take that risk and give him that contract early. I'm all for taking that risk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishEagle61 said:

If he plays well the rest of the year he could be in line for a multi year extension (Contract up after next year). Which potentially means we could get him on the cheap if we take that risk and give him that contract early. I'm all for taking that risk.

Yeah I mean even if he does play well and he does get an extension I think the beauty is he won't get a huge deal! That puts us in a rather good position in that sense. 

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's a great situation for this offense though isn't it. Use the draft picks on other positions next year and let them fight it out in camp for the starters job. 

For sure. We wasted a second rounder and third rounder this year for backups and projects. We need to draft starters on the team. Dang Howie needs to realize he is not the smartest at drafting.

Just now, manz2821 said:

For sure. We wasted a second rounder and third rounder this year for backups and projects. We need to draft starters on the team. Dang Howie needs to realize he is not the smartest at drafting.

Howie just needs to go. Until he goes we are screwed. 

• Like 1

Addressing anyone, not specific people. 

Andre Dillard to RT or guard because he is ineffective (primarily because he isn't physical) at left tackle? 

That's like replacing your pick up truck with a Corvette because it wasn't towing well enough and you need something with more balls. 

Andre needs to take a trip to Oz to ask the Wizard for some testes or heart or is going to find himself a free agent with the way Jordan is playing because, Jordan is better at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manz2821 said:

Howie needs to be forcibly removed from NovaCare. For the thousandth time. Any picks he makes are a waste of resources. He's making sandwiches without bread when it comes to the draft. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

6 hours ago, IrishEagle61 said:

I don't think we could have asked for him to play much better in his first two competitive starts. He has had injury issues, but I'm more than excited about his future. Has an elite ceiling and is already playing like a decent starter.

14 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Agreed, maybe Jordan can play RT (cause Dillard sure as hell can't)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-2020-jordan-mailata-philadelphia-eagles-stats-analysis-reaction/news-story/2e366dac1144a8b9d24c314a0c9862ab

Check out the hit Mailata laid on a Ravens Dlinemen, then shoved him after he flattened him, developing a nasty streak, good to see... He had another overall solid game, I think we may have found our LT. Try moving Dillard to LG next season and if that doesn't work out, trade or cut him.

• Like 2

That was a great hit and man did that ball fly out.  Unfortunately, right to another Ravens player.  Seems like a few of the Ravens tried to had a verbal go at Mailata for blowing up their teammate.  Wait til he gets even better.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, jsb235 said:

At this point I would trade Dillard. They have Lane, Mailata, Driscoll and Toth, plus Tega on the PS. Considering how well we develop olinemen, I would take the chance to flip Dillard before the draft next year, or I would be calling team's in need of oline help who have a former top pick on IR at a position we need (LB, CB, S.)

We are watching our qb get killed week in and week out and the idea here is trade away OL pieces?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That was a great hit and man did that ball fly out.  Unfortunately, right to another Ravens player.  Seems like a few of the Ravens tried to had a verbal go at Mailata for blowing up their teammate.  Wait til he gets even better.

Last week it was TJ WATT:

Mailata definitely seems to be liking laying the wood.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 1:05 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Of course with the injury bug, we could be starting an entirely new offensive line in a month, and the whole point of Jordan will be mute. Right now I am just praying that we do not loose any more guys.