Jordan Mailata

ManchesterEagle

6 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Might be, but I think it was the first time they did it on the tour. My friend had been looking at the setlists leading up to the show, and I don't remember that being played at that time.

2019 and 2020 tour they ended every concert with Stinkfist apparently. Just checked with the Tool Army guys, who are insane people. 

Don't know when you saw them in Philly, but my buddy saw them in November and said it was a three song encore of CCT, Invincible and Stinkfist. Told me there was some Ions/Third Eye mixed in the encore too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stinkfist said:

2019 and 2020 tour they ended every concert with Stinkfist apparently. Just checked with the Tool Army guys, who are insane people. 

Don't know when you saw them in Philly, but my buddy saw them in November and said it was a three song encore of CCT, Invincible and Stinkfist. Told me there was some Ions/Third Eye mixed in the encore too.

You got it! My friend had been checking out the setlists leading up to the show, but I told him to not tell me what they were playing so that I'd be surprised. He told me the albums they were selecting from but that they weren't playing much from Ænima, so I was still pretty surprised when they played it.

5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

You got it! My friend had been checking out the setlists leading up to the show, but I told him to not tell me what they were playing so that I'd be surprised. He told me the albums they were selecting from but that they weren't playing much from Ænima, so I was still pretty surprised when they played it.

Yeah, I always want to know if 4 degrees is being played and never happens. He did say Swamp Song got played though. Been a long time since I've seen them live. 

I soured on Tool fans a long time back. A newer generation came in and it got a bit too trendy for my tastes. I don't remember people ever even talking at shows. Just sat there in awe, typically on something, and were amazed. I noticed more and more, it was selfies, recording, screaming, not for me. Also, I got older, so maybe I'm just cranky. Thing is, the people doing all the BS were also older, so not sure that's it. 

15 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Yeah, I always want to know if 4 degrees is being played and never happens. He did say Swamp Song got played though. Been a long time since I've seen them live. 

I soured on Tool fans a long time back. A newer generation came in and it got a bit too trendy for my tastes. I don't remember people ever even talking at shows. Just sat there in awe, typically on something, and were amazed. I noticed more and more, it was selfies, recording, screaming, not for me. Also, I got older, so maybe I'm just cranky. Thing is, the people doing all the BS were also older, so not sure that's it. 

That was it, Swamp Song hadn't been played until that point, so it was a cool treat to hear something from way back.

I hear what you're saying about people talking during the show. I can't stand that, eithet. I don't know why anyone would pay that kind of money and not want to be 100% dialed into the experience.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...:offtopic:

On 10/8/2020 at 8:22 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

That was it, Swamp Song hadn't been played until that point, so it was a cool treat to hear something from way back.

I hear what you're saying about people talking during the show. I can't stand that, eithet. I don't know why anyone would pay that kind of money and not want to be 100% dialed into the experience.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...:offtopic:

First time I ever saw Tool was at Lollapooloza in high school. Cool experience. They played last. This was in the nu-metal days and Korn was reigning supreme. I remember my buddy and I thought we were tough guys, so we ignored security's warnings and went in the 21 and over pit. Those guys were throwing punches. It was NOT a Korn pit. I was shocked. My friend had a tooth broken and another knocked out in about 90 seconds. I jumped on the guy and did my best. Ended up getting literally stomped in the head and event staff pulled me. Was more of an underground death metal pit. 

We took it like champs. Got a little more bent drinking some cold Natty Ices and then a few dudes offered us some of their weed. They watched us get roughed up. We didn't bother telling them, we had our own and were with 8 other people carrying. 

Everyone but me dropped acid before Tool came on. LSD and shrooms were too much for me. The entire place pulled out joints and event staff just gave up. It was funny. You could hear a mouse fart. Other than my buddy gripping me while nearly crying because he was afraid of what was slithering on their backdrop, I wasn't bothered by anyone and believe I zoned out for the whole show. It was an experience like no other. 

After that, I went to every show in a 4 hour radius for nearly 10 years. Then I just quit. 

Mailata has had his share of negative plays in the last two games, but that is to be expected. I’ve been surprised that he’s most certainly been serviceable from Day 1. We all remember Big V’s first start.

Going against a very good pass rush too.  

Honestly, I'd let him, Herbig, Pryor and Driscoll play as much as possible to get experience.  Cant depend on Peters and Lane.  When Seamulo comes back then you can put him back at LG.

I saw Lane get carted off.  Anyone know his deal?  I assume its that ankle again.

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Going against a very good pass rush too.  

Honestly, I'd let him, Herbig, Pryor and Driscoll play as much as possible to get experience.  Cant depend on Peters and Lane.  When Seamulo comes back then you can put him back at LG.

I saw Lane get carted off.  Anyone know his deal?  I assume its that ankle again.

When Brooks comes back next year, he's not going to know anybody.

6 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I assume its that ankle again.

That's what Eskin said it was, during the broadcast.

7 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Mailata has had his share of negative plays in the last two games, but that is to be expected. I’ve been surprised that he’s most certainly been serviceable from Day 1. We all remember Big V’s first start.

And I think that should give us real reason to be positive and hopeful! He's held his own, he's been up and down but he's had some good moments as well as bad. I think given more starts under his belt and more time preparing he will just continue to get better.

• Like 2

Great game for his 2nd live football game ever.  I watched him nearly every play and other than the one sack he gave up he played really well.  Not great mind you but he looked like he belonged out there and that's saying something.

• Like 2

Mialata has exceeded expectations so far. Honestly I think this makeshift line as a whole has exceeded expectations. 

• Like 5

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Mialata has exceeded expectations so far. Honestly I think this makeshift line as a whole has exceeded expectations. 

It definitely has and is a testament I think to the job Stoutland has done with the OL. For the most part they are prepared and they can hold their own (with ups and downs).

• Like 2

Mailata has shown more promise than Dillard as far as I am concerned. Like what I see from Mailata. Get more experience and clean up the false starts and he might be a solid LT

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Mailata has shown more promise than Dillard as far as I am concerned. Like what I see from Mailata. Get more experience and clean up the false starts and he might be a solid LT

I think Dillard did OK, in a very small sample size, at LT last year. I think people are out on him too quickly. Though I acknowledge there are absolutely some concerns off the field in terms of his mentality. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Dillard did OK, in a very small sample size, at LT last year. I think people are out on him too quickly. Though I acknowledge there are absolutely some concerns off the field in terms of his mentality. 

I am not out of Dillard but I completely agree with those that question his mentality. Seems soft but I will give him a shot. I am not fully onboard with Dillard just yet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I think that should give us real reason to be positive and hopeful! He's held his own, he's been up and down but he's had some good moments as well as bad. I think given more starts under his belt and more time preparing he will just continue to get better.

14 hours ago, SBorBust said:

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Great game for his 2nd live football game ever.  I watched him nearly every play and other than the one sack he gave up he played really well.  Not great mind you but he looked like he belonged out there and that's saying something.

I was genuinely concerned for Mailata in this Pittsburgh game. He wasn't great, but he held his own and didn't look overmatched and for his second competitive start ever that's one heck of an accomplishment.

Like Fulgham I'm cautiously optimistic that we've found a legitimate starter on the cheap. I'm right behind him for the rest of the year. Would love to see him continue to play well and develop - what a story. 

I think its clear they go in to next year with Mailata and Dillard at LT. Whether Mailata is cemented in as starter depends on how he performs the rest of the year. Any chance Dillard could end up at LG?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IrishEagle61 said:

I think its clear they go in to next year with Mailata and Dillard at LT. Whether Mailata is cemented in as starter depends on how he performs the rest of the year. Any chance Dillard could end up at LG?

And I think that's a smart move there. I think go in to the year with both competing and let the best man win. 

This team needs time to rebuild so seeing how that battle plays out is worth a go. 

On 10/6/2020 at 10:24 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Is your name a Tool reference? Great song, lol.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, stinkfist said:

Yes. Enormous Tool fan. This was my original pick for the old boards, but it wouldn't allow it 17 years ago. Then I couldn't do FortySix&2 either. So, I picked my old name which I hated within a few years. 

Meh. 

My favorite band by far.  Especially in this day and age where music isnt very good, Tool is a special band and there is nothing like them out there.  

Had the privilege of seeing them with Meshuggah back in 2002 I think it was.  Greatest concert I've ever seen and at that time I wasn't nearly the fan I am today.   Blew my mind how great they were.  Think I sat there with my jaw hanging down for the entire show.  Was planning to go see them in May but the pandemic hit.

Here's to hoping we dont have to wait another 13 years for another album.  Btw, The Grudge to me is their best song.  I know I'm in the minority with that but just my opinion.  They really dont have any bad songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I was genuinely concerned for Mailata in this Pittsburgh game. He wasn't great, but he held his own and didn't look overmatched and for his second competitive start ever that's one heck of an accomplishment.

Like Fulgham I'm cautiously optimistic that we've found a legitimate starter on the cheap. I'm right behind him for the rest of the year. Would love to see him continue to play well and develop - what a story. 

At this point they should let it play out as it is. Let’s see if Fulgham can be consistent. Let’s see if Mialata can hold up for a season. Let the young kids play.

• Like 2

He looked serviceable for his second career start, at any level. 

The line as a whole has been better than I would have expected. People will look at the QB hit and sack total, but truth be told probably half of those are a result of Wentz holding onto the damn ball too long. 

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

At this point they should let it play out as it is. Let’s see if Fulgham can be consistent. Let’s see if Mialata can hold up for a season. Let the young kids play.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned they've earned their playing time. Let's see what they can do.

What I'm not in favour of is putting receivers like Watkins out there unless we have to. Wentz won't throw to him anyway

6 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah as far as I'm concerned they've earned their playing time. Let's see what they can do.

What I'm not in favour of is putting receivers like Watkins out there unless we have to. Wentz won't throw to him anyway

Watkins has been injured. Even if this team somehow made the playoffs they aren’t doing much due their poor construction. I saw at least find out if he can play. Teams will now focus on Fulgham and scheme ways to take him out. Someone else needs to step up too.