Jordan Mailata

ManchesterEagle

26 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

He can run, check out his rugby highlights, his 40 was timed at a quicker speed than a few QBs like Wentz. Pretty good for probably the biggest human being in the NFL.

When we got him and I saw this vid. I thought FB or TE.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:45 AM, philafan4o8 said:

I like what I see from Mailata. Has done better than Dillard when given the chance in my opinion. Wonder what happens next year when Dillard comes back

Maybe we won't need to bring Jason Peters back again. It'd be good if the loser of the Dillard-Mailata were able to play both tackle positions but Dillard's efforts on the right side were .... unremarkable.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

When we got him and I saw this vid. I thought FB or TE.

Line him up as a RB on 1st and goal at the 1 :D... Good-luck to opposing Dlineman trying to stop him...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Line him up as a RB on 1st and goal at the 1 :D... Good-luck to opposing Dlineman trying to stop him...

I know people are against it and I know right now he's needed full time at LT but... I would like to see this. I just don't think any team would be able to stop him. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know people are against it and I know right now he's needed full time at LT but... I would like to see this. I just don't think any team would be able to stop him. 

It will take one shot to the knees and he will be done. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It will take one shot to the knees and he will be done. 

Yup.  Keep him at OT, thanks.  

• Like 1

I would like to see him as a FB as the Chiefs some times do with Kelce. Sanders running behind him would be fun. 

1 hour ago, beto_eagles said:

I would like to see him as a FB as the Chiefs some times do with Kelce. Sanders running behind him would be fun. 

Just get on highway 68...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Does anyone know who on the Eagles actually found Mailta?

Think it was Stoutland.  Believe he was one of the coaches at the International Camp they had in Bradenton, FLA that Mailata was participating in.  The story is that Stoutland was pounding the table for the Eagles to draft him since he had an up close and personal coaching interaction with him.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

It looked like Calias Campbell kept getting owned by Mailata on the left side that he started lining up on the other side and had a lot of fun with Jamon Brown.

23 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Say bye bye to his knees. This isn't rugby with tiny guys bouncing off him high. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Say bye bye to his knees. This isn't rugby with tiny guys bouncing off him high. 

People act like no one ever thought of this with athletic offensive lineman before. There is a reason no one does this. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People act like no one ever thought of this with athletic offensive lineman before. There is a reason no one does this. 

I do think it is slightly different though. Mailata having been a rugby player is a slightly different approach to say JP lining up as a full back. That said, yes I appreciate that the likelihood of someone causing him a serious knee injury is a real threat.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I do think it is slightly different though. Mailata having been a rugby player is a slightly different approach to say JP lining up as a full back. That said, yes I appreciate that the likelihood of someone causing him a serious knee injury is a real threat.

JP used to be a tight end and lane johnson ran a 4.7 40 and played QB. Those 2 have a better chance of doing something with the ball or being a lead full back. 

Tonight was his worst game of the four he's started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Tonight was his worst game of the four he's started.

Can't argue that.  At least 2-3 times he got beat by a speed rush and there were more than few plays he got walked back into the pocket.  He was so solid the first 3 games, so what changed tonight?  Was it because he had Opeta next to him for the first time?  Was it because this was his first game coming off a short week and he doesn't have the stamina for it yet?  A combination of the 2?  I will reserve judgement until the next game when he has 10 days to prepare for the hated Cowgirls.  Willing to see if he goes back to being the solid wall he was vs top Ds like PGH and BTL or if after having a few games of tape on him that teams have discovered how to attack him with success and he has to adjust.  I hope tonight was just a bad game.

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

Can't argue that.  At least 2-3 times he got beat by a speed rush and there were more than few plays he got walked back into the pocket.  He was so solid the first 3 games, so what changed tonight?  Was it because he had Opeta next to him for the first time?  Was it because this was his first game coming off a short week and he doesn't have the stamina for it yet?  A combination of the 2?  I will reserve judgement until the next game when he has 10 days to prepare for the hated Cowgirls.  Willing to see if he goes back to being the solid wall he was vs top Ds like PGH and BTL or if after having a few games of tape on him that teams have discovered how to attack him with success and he has to adjust.  I hope tonight was just a bad game.

Could just have been a bad night for him. He will take his lumps over the coming weeks and bit by bit he will learn from it. I guess a bad performance like this might actually help him more because perhaps Stoutland will pull up the tape and really get after him for this one? He may learn more from that. Who knows... Perhaps his weakness is speed rushers and needs to work on that? Or maybe it was just a mixture of reasons like you say.

Just imagine where his development and game experience would be if they had opted to go with Jordan the last 2 years and let him play through the fire? Just like DE's/DT's, LT's have to develop a repertoire of counter measures to moves. Their position is inherently passive aggressive, unless run blocking in most cases. Jordan is going to have to study players and a lot of film.

Progress  is a process. It comes in increments. So far, overall, I think he's doing pretty good. He has a lot of room to improve and I expect him to as he gains experience.

• Like 4

Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug and Howie better not screw up his development, by putting Jason back out at LT and benching Jordan. That would go against the entire movement of youth, trusting the players and coaches.