Board technical issues

Moderator12

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I just had this for a few minutes. whats that about?

image.png.9ca0fd903ebda9a90f5f74bd1583e73f.png

Was just coming to mention this.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Same

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I had to have the host upgrade our SSL Certificate (for something that I'll post about soon...), and in doing that, they had to delete the one that was there and what you saw was the result of what they did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had to have the host upgrade our SSL Certificate (for something that I'll post about soon...), and in doing that, they had to delete the one that was there and what you saw was the result of what they did. 

Oh ok. Then disregard the PM that had the advanced code in it lol

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.png.9ca0fd903ebda9a90f5f74bd1583e73f.png

Same. Even sent to bleeding green nation to see if anyone here was posting about it in their comment sections. 

17 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Had a heart attack man. Glad everything’s ok. 

20 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Had a heart attack man. Glad everything’s ok. 

I have to confess... I did too, lol. They didn't tell me that the site would go down momentarily, so I instantly logged into my account to make sure that they didn't accidentally wipe out the database or something lol. 

If they had, it wouldn't have been completely disastrous though. I have daily backups running. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had the same screen, then it went to an "Owner Only" login page and that was that.  Couldn't get in. This was my shocked face :o.

Was about to call in the National Guard and have the Justice Department issue an Amber Alert.

Ended up running a Google search for "New Eagles Message Board", opened the first link and got back in.

I had to delete my existing Desktop shortcut, it kept opening to the screen of despair, set a new desktop shortcut from the Google link, and all is well again.

I wonder how many other folks are still wandering around in the wilderness out there?....

My workplace is blocking it for now, this is probably why.

@VaBeach_Eagle, @Moderator12

Great work guys, crushing bugs and dodging bullets...:worthy:

I seem to be having an issue since the new Cert deal from a couple days ago.

When I click on vids embedded in tweets I get a blank window where the tweet was. Nothing loads, just goes blank.

I must click the actual link to the tweet and view the vid on Twitter itself.

Does that appear to be something on my end or are others having the same issue?

Firefox Browser on Win 10.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks for all your hard work.  Not much of a poster, but it’s always been my go to place to read about the Eagles and hear other fan’s views.

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

When I click on vids embedded in tweets I get a blank window where the tweet was. Nothing loads, just goes blank.

Now that you say it, Ive had the same issue. I click the play button, it changes to a different button, I click that, and it just keeps switching back and forth but never plays. Says something about not being able to play the video. But when you click the tweet to go to twitter it works there.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Now that you say it, Ive had the same issue. I click the play button, it changes to a different button, I click that, and it just keeps switching back and forth but never plays. Says something about not being able to play the video. But when you click the tweet to go to twitter it works there.

At least you're getting a button!  :lol:

The whole tweet goes blank for me. Curiouser and curiouser....

4 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

At least you're getting a button!  :lol:

The whole tweet goes blank for me. Curiouser and curiouser....

A lot of tweet posts come up blank for me. Happened on the old board too. Pretty sure it's because of the ancient technology that I use. But I've learned that pressing Control and F5 at the same time will bring those posts back to life.

39 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

A lot of tweet posts come up blank for me. Happened on the old board too. Pretty sure it's because of the ancient technology that I use. But I've learned that pressing Control and F5 at the same time will bring those posts back to life.

Thanks for the suggestion . Just tried that. No effect. Tweet remained blank.

To be clear, the tweet loads fine. It's when I click on the embedded vid I get the blank...

11 hours ago, Doc S. said:

Invision is about to release an upgrade, so I'm going to install a test version and see if it's worth upgrading to. That may fix some of the bugs that we've had... hopefully it won't bring about a host of other bugs though lol.

If that upgrade isn't worth installing, I'll see if we can track down what the problem is. If it has to do with the SSL cert, it may just resolve itself within a day or two. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Invision is about to release an upgrade, so I'm going to install a test version and see if it's worth upgrading to. That may fix some of the bugs that we've had... hopefully it won't bring about a host of other bugs though lol.

If that upgrade isn't worth installing, I'll see if we can track down what the problem is. If it has to do with the SSL cert, it may just resolve itself within a day or two. 

I noticed a workaround with the facebook mobile embedding. If I copy the link and then go into safari and paste the link and then make sure the m isn't in the www.m.facebook link then I can paste the link in a post and it'll show up. Strange how it's picky about that

Seems like a cumbersome workaround, Mike. Thanks for the extra effort.

Hopefully Va Beach is right and Invision will make it easier. ( or it will self-resolve...)

On 5/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, Talkingbirds said:

Thanks for all your hard work.  Not much of a poster, but it’s always been my go to place to read about the Eagles and hear other fan’s views.

Username does NOT check out.

May I suggest "WatchesOthersTalkBirds" or "LurkingBirds"? 😂.

I found a bug. It's a leftover from the old board, I think.

CVON is still filled with a bunch of old men screaming about how the other person is wrong. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

CVON is still filled with a bunch of old men screaming about how the other person is wrong. 🤷‍♂️

I believe that’s called the internet. No resolution available at this time. ;) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, B3 said:

Tried to paste a YouTube link and got this:

I'm going to try to post a video below, if it shows up, try to do it again and see if that still happens for you. If it does, I'll have to contact them on Monday and see what's up. They just added the firewall to protect us from hacking, so the settings may need to be tweaked. 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm going to try to post a video below, if it shows up, try to do it again and see if that still happens for you. If it does, I'll have to contact them on Monday and see what's up. They just added the firewall to protect us from hacking, so the settings may need to be tweaked. 

https://youtu.be/zrIPLAo0_iQ

1 hour ago, B3 said:

I don't believe that kind of link will embed, you need the full URL. Try this link (the full URL for that video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIPLAo0_iQ

Here's that same link, embedded: