GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles. 10/22/20 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Wentz throws it away instead of forcing it. At worst fg try, Elliott doesn't miss, we wouldn't have needed to go for it on 4th and goal, Djax wouldn't have gotten injured. Things happen in a game. Both teams have shown why their records are what they are. Missed opportunities...

Yeah they both are examples of missed opportunities. Eagles were big examples of that last week too. Three trips in the red zone this week amounting to zero points. If the Eagles were better this game would never have been close. I can’t say it’s the Eagles playing down to their competition. They’re just not that good. Nevertheless they find themselves in first place at least for now.

Just now, hoosierdaddy said:

Now I gotta care about this team for 11 more weeks

No you don't. You've got lots of options. 

Knitting. Backgammon. Woodcarving. Amateur astronomy. Candle-making. 

You could try to pick up a new language. Maybe Russian. Lot of great Russian literature, and hot ladies who appreciate a man who can make $40k/year. Or big dudes if that's what you're into -- none of my business. 

Lot of people find crosswords interesting. There's opera. Martial arts (although there may be too much competition there for you).

Gardening and cooking would probably be really fulfilling. 

Don't put yourself through the suffering of being a sports fan if you don't really want to do it. 

37 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Also I think Rodgers was good as well. Not much a lot of yac but we won't be missing Ertz much with him in the ranks 🙂

I say they shouldn't put Ertz in much especially if he wants to act like Desean Jackson from 2011.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Winning cures all ailments for sure. If they can find a way to bottle up Wentz for how he played the first drive and how he played at the end of the game and make him that guy all game they could beat anyone. That guy when he’s in that mode is unstoppable. 

I think part of the problem may be he's trying to be that guy all game long, and he actually needs to pick his spots better.

But whatever.

We're 1-0 today.

Have a glass of whatever poison you prefer and get a good night's sleep. 

23 minutes ago, Birdman said:

cool story brah, 2013 wants it sick burns back 

don't tell that to the delusional Wentzists that somehow think he's magically returned to 2017 form 

drugs, don't do them kid 

359 Yards - 3 TDs.  Consider yourself baptized.

21 minutes ago, seengreen said:

Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug with more coaching, situational football mismanagement, possession issues tonight. Someone on the boards said, he is a high school coach. I won't go that far. But, he needs to down D2 and start over. He isn't innovative and isn't an intuitive play designer.

he needs to give up the play calling duties. Won't happen, though.

Game was frustrating. The giants were giving us intermediate throws down the middle and wentz kept throwing outside. Doug and his 10 yes men need to get their shiz together with these 2 point plays. Also for once this season will enjoy football on Sunday tension free 🙂

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I guess I’m one of the bad ones then cause I was ready to "fire everyone” after that Rams game. The bottom line is this team has been a roller coaster. Carson stepped up when it mattered most tonight. Hats off to him and the offense. The defense came away with a clutch turnover too. I’m never gonna be happy go lucky like everyone and everything is great when it clearly is not.

"Deplorable” here, too. I don’t put on my jersey and turn on the television hoping my team loses. We pulled out a W with some beautiful  clutch plays after demonstrating some pretty glaring flaws throughout the game that would cause anyone to question the long term sustainability of this organization’s goal of being a gold standard when clearly there are signs we are not. Sure, I enjoy beating the Giants - and doing so with half a squad of JV players. It’s a great story. But I have a difficult time -  and I’ll agree with Wyote here despite his sanctimonious posts getting under my skin- generating any kind of confidence in the future of this team. A handful of wins every season is not where I’d like to see us over the long term. Strong draft picks, creative coaching, and capable player development are what I’d like to know are in place so that deep runs in the playoffs are the expectation, not the exception. Maybe I ask too much. But I want this team to win as much as anyone, and expressing my frustration when they play poorly is not "giving up” when the long term goal is to rebuild stronger in the long run to sustain the expectation of wins season after season. So I am what I am. Sorry I don’t get a "good fan” patch from Wyote.  

2 minutes ago, wyote said:

I think part of the problem may be he's trying to be that guy all game long, and he actually needs to pick his spots better.

But whatever.

We're 1-0 today.

We won and lead the division with a big game coming up against the Cowboys. Now let’s go get a kicker. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s also been up and down with the drops. I just hope Reagor is the real deal. The guy needs to stay healthy though. 

I believe he's the "real deal." But he did have drops in college, and I expect to see some in the NFL from him. He did drop his first touch (punt).

1 minute ago, Eldereagle1 said:

"Deplorable” here, too. I don’t put on my jersey and turn on the television hoping my team loses. We pulled out a W with some beautiful  clutch plays after demonstrating some pretty glaring flaws throughout the game that would cause anyone to question the long term sustainability of this organization’s goal of being a gold standard when clearly there are signs we are not. Sure, I enjoy beating the Giants - and doing so with half a squad of JV players. It’s a great story. But I have a difficult time -  and I’ll agree with Wyote here despite his sanctimonious posts getting under my skin- generating any kind of confidence in the future of this team. A handful of wins every season is not where I’d like to see us over the long term. Strong draft picks, creative coaching, and capable player development are what I’d like to know are in place so that deep runs in the playoffs are the expectation, not the exception. Maybe I ask too much. But I want this team to win as much as anyone, and expressing my frustration when they play poorly is not "giving up” when the long term goal is to rebuild stronger in the long run to sustain the expectation of wins season after season. So I am what I am. Sorry I don’t get a "good fan” patch from Wyote.  

I’m never going to be the "all is well guy” when the building around me is on fire. This team has real issues and I hope they don’t assume winning this division means everything is okay. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I believe he's the "real deal." But he did have drops in college, and I expect to see some in the NFL from him. He did drop his first touch (punt).

I can deal with drops as long and he more than brings down his fair share of catches. 

I am only bi-polar when I watch Eagles games. I HATE Wentz, I lOVE Wentz, I HATE this TEAM, I LOVE this TEAM, I am NOT watching this sh** anymore... but....maybe they can....no....well, maybe...   I'm gonna go lock myself up for the night, g'nite fellow sufferers.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We won and lead the division with a big game coming up against the Cowboys. Now let’s go get a kicker. 

LOL. YOU go get a kicker. I have my own work to do. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I can deal with drops as long and he more than brings down his fair share of catches. 

He has a knack for making tough, contested catches, but occasionally drops a pass he shouldn't have problems with. Every WR will have some drops, you just hope they'll be few. 

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I am only bi-polar when I watch Eagles games. I HATE Wentz, I lOVE Wentz, I HATE this TEAM, I LOVE this TEAM, I am NOT watching this sh** anymore... but....maybe they can....no....well, maybe...   I'm gonna go lock myself up for the night, g'nite fellow sufferers.

Excitement ... followed by reflective, somber silence ... followed by angry, loud noises ... pessimism ... a glimmer of hope ... a reality check ... pleasant surprise ... cautious optimism ... STRIP SACK!!!

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He has a knack for making tough, contested catches, but occasionally drops a pass he shouldn't have problems with. Every WR will have some drops, you just hope they'll be few. 

I’d be happy to see what he can do. He needs to get healthy and on the field. 

16 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

That pass and catch by Scott was an elite play. 

So was the throw. 

1 hour ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Oh yeah, one more thing. 

F you NY and F you Dallas. 

And F you Redskins or should I say Washington DC Football Team......:ph34r:

48 minutes ago, wyote said:

No you don't. You've got lots of options. 

Knitting. Backgammon. Woodcarving. Amateur astronomy. Candle-making. 

You could try to pick up a new language. Maybe Russian. Lot of great Russian literature, and hot ladies who appreciate a man who can make $40k/year. Or big dudes if that's what you're into -- none of my business. 

Lot of people find crosswords interesting. There's opera. Martial arts (although there may be too much competition there for you).

Gardening and cooking would probably be really fulfilling. 

Don't put yourself through the suffering of being a sports fan if you don't really want to do it. 

Well I dated a Ukrainian girl for 3 years. Super hot but totally crazy. Great for the first 18 months then it turned into a total s-*** show. 

I'm talking KGB levels of surveillance. She would prank call my exes from my phone and call them who**s. And I’m pretty sure she still has tracking software on my smartphone. And that is from 3 phones ago. So no, I pass on the Russian women.

And I’m not into dudes. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. That’s just not me. 

Knitting, astronomy, woodcarving, watching your mom gang bang a dozen frat dudes....

I've tried them all and frankly they just bore me. So I guess I’m all in on the Eagles for 11 more weeks. 

Here goes nuthin’ brother!!!!’

49 minutes ago, wyote said:

But whatever.

We're 1-0 today.

I think he tries to do too much because of all the people who are out. He feels like he needs to put the team on his back and make more plays, which he actually does, but he gets a little wild and out of control, and loses discipline. Sometimes he settles down, sometimes he doesn't. Tonight, when it counted most, he settled down- a LOT.

I wasn't able to watch the end of the game (live), I had to step away for a while when it was 14-10 with the Gnats about to score. But I just finished watching what I missed.

2-4-1 and we're in first place in the division... lol 

If nothing else, at least we kept our streak vs. the Gnats going. 

I was just looking at the boards stats for the game and I see we were pushing 500 right around the time we took the lead. Any noticeable issues around that time (if anyone recalls)?

Archived