GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles. 10/22/20 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Sadly, I think Lane is almost done as well.  He's been great but injury problems too.  Then again, our young players like Dillard, Reagor, Goedert, Driscoll, Watkins, Sanders get hurt too.  There is a pandemic...of injuries on the Eagles.  And they just got new staff for medical and conditioning.  

Yeah I’ve hated the idea of moving on from many on the 2017 team, but I’ve come around to the reality that it’s time for many. 

But damn, I sure miss the days of having a great line. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah I’ve hated the idea of moving on from many on the 2017 team, but I’ve come around to the reality that it’s time for many. 

But damn, I sure miss the days of having a great line. 

The good news is they have Stoutland who does a great job preparing the backups because they always need a next man up.  Brooks, Peters and Lane have had injuries multiple seasons.  Each of them would get contract extensions and then get injured and they have to rely on a backup.  Seumalo and now young players Dillard and Driscoll have been hurt.  So you see young guys stepping up in Malaita, Herbig, Pryor, Opeta.

I do think there is something causing the injury problem, they need to overhaul medical and conditioning (again) and really examine what the hell is going on.  Because it's not just 2 seasons, it started in 2017.  

But there is hope for the future of the O line with some pieces Stoutland is working with now.  I would purge Peters and Brooks after this season.  Lane should return next year but he's the new Peters:  great player but you have to prepare to phase into his replacement due to age and injury.  Kelce is a beast and I've been impressed his durability and continuing to play at a high level.  But Kelce and Lane should be the returning veterans and everyone else needs to be young and hungry guys to develop.  

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I said before the game that Jackson would get injured and not finish the game- but damn, that was a cheap shot and I feel bad for DJax. ANYBODY would get hurt on that play, old or young. That was an ugly cheap shot that could cost a guy a season... or career. That guy should be punished by the NFL.

It was sad to see. I heard he was in a walking boot. 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lane went down in the third was it? Desean I mean... I just figure he will be a non factor regardless.

Someone might have said it, but Lane went down with a leg injury not related to his ankle. 

Ike Reese just said that it would cost the Eagles 8 or 9 mil to cut Elliott. Another great move by Howie. 

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

7586F685-0CB1-429E-8F07-359CFBF13627.jpeg

OK, that was funny !  And very appropriate !

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was sad to see. I heard he was in a walking boot. 

Yeah, I saw the photo. Feel bad for the guy- that was the cheapest of cheap shots.

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Yeah, I saw the photo. Feel bad for the guy- that was the cheapest of cheap shots.

Not even a flag either apparently. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ike Reese just said that it would cost the Eagles 8 or 9 mil to cut Elliott. Another great move by Howie. 

Yeah I think most of us slept through that one but what a terrible freaking move that was. And just completely unnecessary. 

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

For as much as he got ripped he didn’t deserve to go out like that. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

For as much as he got ripped he didn’t deserve to go out like that. 

I am with you on that one. I am one of those who wanted him to move on, but like you said- NOT like THAT. That was pure BS of the defender and DJax had no way to avoid injury there.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not even a flag either apparently. 

Yeah I think most of us slept through that one but what a terrible freaking move that was. And just completely unnecessary. 

More logs on the Howie fire. Frankly I don’t care what his defenders say. There are more negative things he’s done that have put the Eagles in the position they are in now than positive. 

Just now, Talonblood said:

I am with you on that one. I am one of those who wanted him to move on, but like you said- NOT like THAT. That was pure BS of the defender and DJax had no way to avoid injury there.

Nope just a total cheap shot. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

More logs on the Howie fire. Frankly I don’t care what his defenders say. There are more negative things he’s done that have put the Eagles in the position they are in now than positive. 

Nope just a total cheap shot. 

Yo, I am glad he "only" has a high ankle sprain, so out 3 weeks. Good news for him. Glad to see it wasn't worse.

14 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Yo, I am glad he "only" has a high ankle sprain, so out 3 weeks. Good news for him. Glad to see it wasn't worse.

I don’t know. Sometimes a sprain is worse than a break. Either way he’s pretty much done unless the Eagles can mount some kind of crazy playoff push. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know. Sometimes a sprain is worse than a break. Either way he’s pretty much done unless the Eagles can mount some kind of crazy playoff push. 

I've had both. The break is ALWAYS worse. I broke 13 bones so far.  But I get what you are saying- the high ankle sprain can take longer to heal if you don't rehab it right.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

I've had both. The break is ALWAYS worse. I broke 13 bones so far.  But I get what you are saying- the high ankle sprain can take longer to heal if you don't rehab it right.

Yeah and we are talking about Jackson so it’s a pretty good bet he won’t do what he needs to do. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah and we are talking about Jackson so it’s a pretty good bet he won’t do what he needs to do. 

Now it looks like it's a small fracture as well. Fractures usually take take longer to heal than breaks.

Just now, Talonblood said:

Now it looks like it's a small fracture as well. Fractures usually take take longer to heal than breaks.

Yeah I broke my ankle in high school. It took 8 weeks to heal. He’s done for the year. He knew he broke it. That’s why he was so frustrated on the field. 

Archived