GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles. 10/22/20 @ 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

I am not sure Id say Wentz was player of the game. Yes, when we needed him to get points he stepped up and had that beauty of a pass to Boston. We had almost 230 yards of offense in the 1st half and a whopping 10 points to show and a 3 point lead. Yes, the revolving doors around him are of no help at all but that unfortunately always falls on the QB / OC / HC when an offense just cant get points. If we were even 50% healthier as just an offense I am pretty sure Wentz would not be taking tons of flak. He's gotta get rid of those bonehead random cross body blind throws to the corner. Got lucky a few times today and got bit too.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at the boards stats for the game and I see we were pushing 500 right around the time we took the lead. Any noticeable issues around that time (if anyone recalls)?

It worked at least as well as the old board did. Got slow, but held up.  

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at the boards stats for the game and I see we were pushing 500 right around the time we took the lead. Any noticeable issues around that time (if anyone recalls)?

It worked at least as well as the old board did. Got slow, but held up.  

5 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Erin Andrews with that sexy slutty look 😍 

Every time I see her, I can’t help but think to myself, "I’ve seen her naked”. 😂

5 hours ago, wyote said:

What was the name of the kid that used to always give up on the team in the 2nd quarter? Eagles would be down a field goal and he'd be ranting about how much he was over this team. He had a name like Doug or Chris or something. 

Morris. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They have been chasing that outside speed guy since Torrey Smith. Even before Smith. Can only hope Reagor steps up to eventually be that guy. 

We should have just kept Torry for his 2nd season. The guy we got from Carolina we ended up having to cut anyway. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We should have just kept Torry for his 2nd season. The guy we got from Carolina we ended up having to cut anyway. 

Who did we get from Carolina? The year after Torrey we got Wallace and to be fair most of us thought that was an upgrade. He then broke his leg early in the year and hasn't been seen since.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who did we get from Carolina? The year after Torrey we got Wallace and to be fair most of us thought that was an upgrade. He then broke his leg early in the year and hasn't been seen since.

A DB Darrel Worley I think his name was. Got arrested then we released him. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Oh yeah sorry of course. Yeah I mean that wasn't a good move ultimately I guess. 

It’s crazy the two triumphant returning Eagles for this game both went down with new injuries. 

I'm in UK so watched first half then recorded second half and watched it this morning, we made it far harder than it should've been, a real mixed bag of awesome and awful, and another game of musical chairs in the O Line.

Honestly it's impossible to measure where we are from that game, Wentz made some great plays and a few 'WTF is he doing?' ones (the across the body heave in the first half especially was amateurish). The receivers do actually seem to be improving, which is a novelty for Doug's Eagles, the Running game was probably as good as it was going to get with the Line and personnel available, they need to let Lane heal up properly, it's pointless having him in and out of the game and is just asking for him to suffer another potentially more serious injury, there is no point taking this roster to the play offs, accept its done and let your core guys heal properly. 

Richard Rodgers proves my suspicion with Eagles Tight Ends in that basically you could put any big guy with decent hands in there and they'll put up receiving yards on a par with Zach Ertz, who should be flat out told he isn't getting Kittle or Kelce money. Goedert is a better blocker and should just move up to #1. 

So yeah we're entertaining to watch in terms of knowing what's going to happen next and we're probably good enough to win this division, but I still wouldn't put much money on it. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s crazy the two triumphant returning Eagles for this game both went down with new injuries. 

Later on, I’m going to show everyone my shocked face. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who were the two triumphant Eagles? Desean and?

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who were the two triumphant Eagles? Desean and?

Lane. 

46 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lane. 

Lane went down in the third was it? Desean I mean... I just figure he will be a non factor regardless.

6 hours ago, nipples said:

If you were paying attention, i commented after the TD that it was a good throw. Jesus. You Wentz homer are ridiculous. It is possible to acknowledge both his good and bad plays

^This 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lane went down in the third was it? Desean I mean... I just figure he will be a non factor regardless.

Lane was in and out. I don’t recall when he left for good. I was happy DJ gave us a little bit early, but it’s time for him to hang it up. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lane was in and out. I don’t recall when he left for good. I was happy DJ gave us a little bit early, but it’s time for him to hang it up. 

Hopefully we can trade him. Maybe trade him for John Ross or trade him for a 7th or something.

So I did end up watching bits of the game live and then watched the condensed version on gamepass a few hours ago. Some good things and some baffling things.

I really am not a fan of Doug going for two so much and last night and last week we go for two and don’t get it we then are forced to keep going for them. That jake Elliot FG miss was awful and unlike the one last week which was over 50 yards but still should have been made, last night a 29 yard FG should be automatic or at near to automatic. He needs to be making them. I’ll have to rewatched the game in full later today my time. 

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He is with Dallas now. I am pretty sure he got torched for a TD this past game too.

yep he did lol

Doug must have a guardian angel.  Doesn’t take the field goal and still wins the game.  Thank you Wentz.  Saved the season for now.

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I felt like I should reply here, as I was one of the people who got "locked out" on game one this year. I haven't had any issues since then. Last night was fine on my side.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I said before the game that Jackson would get injured and not finish the game- but damn, that was a cheap shot and I feel bad for DJax. ANYBODY would get hurt on that play, old or young. That was an ugly cheap shot that could cost a guy a season... or career. That guy should be punished by the NFL.

11 hours ago, wyote said:

Lurie probably wouldn't fire anyone in the middle of the season anyway, but at this point, unless the second half of the season is much better than the first half, nobody's safe. 

You might get your blood after all, but for now, enjoy the win. 

I'm not looking for blood but the play calling on both sides of the ball needs improving.

11 hours ago, wyote said:

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sadly, I think Lane is almost done as well.  He's been great but injury problems too.  Then again, our young players like Dillard, Reagor, Goedert, Driscoll, Watkins, Sanders get hurt too.  There is a pandemic...of injuries on the Eagles.  And they just got new staff for medical and conditioning.  

Archived