JP is back at LT and they put Milata at the RT

Traveler Vic

https://fusion.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-week-8-dallas-cowboys-jason-peters-left-tackle-jordan-mailata-20201028.html

Just when I thought it was safe....they pull me back inn! JP at LG and Milata at LT was the way to go, if you are thinking long term. Instead there is a monkey, who keeps throwing darts, deciding who and where someone will play on OL. Is this purposeful sabotage of Mailata's progress?? Yes Mailata made a lot of mistakes through the games, but he was getting better and was mostly holding his own. They should have left him at LT for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Lane Johnson must be out for a while.

Exactly.  The bye week is ahead so Lane will get two more weeks to heal. Driscoll also appears out for Sunday so what else can they do? Mailata worked at RT almost exclusively until they switched him to the left side this year.  He'll be alright. 

On the other hand, if Johnson DOES manage to play this week, look for Peters to go back to RG and Mailata to LT. 

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Exactly.  The bye week is ahead so Lane will get two more weeks to heal. Driscoll also appears out for Sunday so what else can they do? Mailata worked at RT almost exclusively until they switched him to the left side this year.  He'll be alright. 

On the other hand, if Johnson DOES manage to play this week, look for Peters to go back to RG and Mailata to LT. 

I guess they don't have a lot of choice really. I think it's a shame because to be honest I don't want JP back in the starting line up... But hey we are rather hampered by injuries. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Doubt it.  If Lane does play (highly doubtful), I firmly believe JP will still man LT and Mailata will go to the bench.  They'll play JP out of blind loyalty.  

• Like 2

Was hoping JP would have sat for a lot longer. Like until he’s 70. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Doubt it.  If Lane does play (highly doubtful), I firmly believe JP will still man LT and Mailata will go to the bench.  They'll play JP out of blind loyalty.  

So who plays RG? They don't seem to think Pryor should play and Opeta has minimal experience and prefers LG.  I think they're in a bind. 

Why would they make Mailata move to learn another side when he's still learning LT?  He was doing pretty good, just keep him at LT to continue to grow.  JP is gone after this year (or should be!).  

They have a strange addiction to Jason Peters and need to move on.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

So who plays RG? They don't seem to think Pryor should play and Opeta has minimal experience and prefers LG.  I think they're in a bind. 

Wonder what happened to Pryor.  He played some at the end of last season and was initially penciled in as our starting RG when Brooks first went earlier this offseason.  Somehow he ended up in someone's dog house.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Why would they make Mailata move to learn another side when he's still learning LT?  He was doing pretty good, just keep him at LT to continue to grow.  JP is gone after this year (or should be!).  

Yes yes and yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

JP has nude photos of Howie in his pocket.

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

He probably is. But I also fully expect someone...most likely JP getting hurt soon. And this non stop shuffle will continue. It is very frustrating to see such an inconsistency on the OL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

So Milata will be back at LT by halftime. Nice...

You may end up spot on, especially if Demarcus Lawrence has 2 or 3 sacks running around JP's edge in the first half.

33 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

JP has nude photos of Howie in his pocket.

Not Howie, Lurie! A couple years ago Howie was talking about restructuring JPs contract to give him more guaranteed but less over all over a couple more years - they all went to talk to the boss and JP got a raise.

Could it be that Howie wants him at LT because they negotiated to pay him LT money and they want to seem like they needed him at LT to make it worth it?

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

32 minutes ago, seengreen said:

Jordan practiced at RT last year. It isn't completely new to him.

Yep. Mailata learned LT as a rookie since JP was older than Lane and he surprised in preseason. Then, after drafting Dillard, Mailata was moved to RT. I believe the thought process was that it would be easier for the guy learning everything to learn RT than to try to move a guy who has always played LT over to RT. Anyway, this shouldn't be too difficult a switch for Mailata, since he's been practicing there for over a year. 

7 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I don’t Lane will play this week, but this morning on the radio they said he’s been fighting to try and play. My guess is when he’s ready they move Peters back inside. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t Lane will play this week, but this morning on the radio they said he’s been fighting to try and play. My guess is when he’s ready they move Peters back inside. 

One can only hope, but I have a gut feeling when Lane is ready to play, that’ll put Mailata back on the bench (assuming JP is still OK to play), unfortunately.  

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

One can only hope, but I have a gut feeling when Lane is ready to play, that’ll put Mailata back on the bench (assuming JP is still OK to play), unfortunately.  

To me it seems Mialata is better than whoever they are using at Guard. Will Seumalo be ready to play this year?

We need to be able to run the ball on both sides of the line