JP is back at LT and they put Milata at the RT

Traveler Vic

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

One can only hope, but I have a gut feeling when Lane is ready to play, that’ll put Mailata back on the bench (assuming JP is still OK to play), unfortunately.  

JP hasn't been ok to play since the middle of the 2018 season.  They need to move on.   I get putting him at LT and flipping Mailata to RT if Johnson can't play.  But, if he can, then put Mailata at LT and Peters either kicks inside to get Opeta/Brown off the field, or goes to the bench himself.   Mailata is currently the second best healthy OL on this team... behind Kelce.  If he's not on the field, then this team is criminally stupid, not even considering the long term future of the team, but just the immediate moment, Mailata is better than JP right now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

JP hasn't been ok to play since the middle of the 2018 season.  They need to move on.   I get putting him at LT and flipping Mailata to RT if Johnson can't play.  But, if he can, then put Mailata at LT and Peters either kicks inside to get Opeta/Brown off the field, or goes to the bench himself.   Mailata is currently the second best healthy OL on this team... behind Kelce.  If he's not on the field, then this team is criminally stupid, not even considering the long term future of the team, but just the immediate moment, Mailata is better than JP right now.

I don't disagree with any of that.  I think it was dumb to bring him back, but also think they did so more so as an insurance policy should Dillard not cut it not knowing what they had in Mailata yet (they disguised the move as a need for him to play RG).  It was just dumb all around - they should have focused their attention on searching for someone younger that has played OG and still had something left in the tank if they didn't feel good about Pryor (and if they don't want to give Pryor a shot, why waste a roster spot on him?!?!).  The roster mismanagement here over the past few years is laughable.  

• Like 1

From Les Bowen's piece this morning - it sounds like Mailata couldn't handle the short week physically and got manhandled, putting Carson Wentz in peril.  Which understandably freaks people out.  

"I think it just got to me,” he said. "My legs were gassed, and I just kept trying to push through it, push through it, push through it.”

Having never played a string of football games before, Mailata might not have expected the soreness that other players take for granted. Asked how he was holding up, Mailata used an expression that the Outback Dictionary defines as meaning "sick or badly made.”

"Mate, my body is crook. Crook, mate. It is so sore,” he said. "I have to come in every day to do recovery, that’s how I stay on top of things. I wake up at 6, get in here at like 6:30, 7, and then start doing recovery straight away before practice and even after practice. It’s something that’s making me feel better every day and that’s how I’m staying on top of my fitness.”

https://fusion.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-week-8-dallas-cowboys-jordan-mailata-australia-jason-peters-20201029.html

It's sad that I'm starting to dislike Peters considering how much of a legend he is. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Could it be that Howie wants him at LT because they negotiated to pay him LT money and they want to seem like they needed him at LT to make it worth it?

Howie needs to be fired

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

It's sad that I'm starting to dislike Peters considering how much of a legend he is. 

He tarnished his reputation 2 years ago. This strong arming of more money to switch position just solidified it for me. Jason was my favorite player on the low since he got here. But, I really began to see him differently 2 years ago. Now, I just want him to retire, get his induction(s) and be gone.

45 minutes ago, seengreen said:

IMG_20201030_120956.jpg

Have Jordan watch film on Peters career when he was at his peak.  Watching him get destroyed this year won't help Jordan.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Have Jordan watch film on Peters career when he was at his peak.  Watching him get destroyed this year won't help Jordan.

How about have Jordan continue to start, and sit Jason's ass. Jordan is one of the best 5 who should be starting. Also, we don't know if Jordan hasn't already studied film of Jason.

F everyone involved in this decision if they go thru with that. Absolutely 3rd class organization type crap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seengreen said:

How about have Jordan continue to start, and sit Jason's ass. Jordan is one of the best 5 who should be starting. Also, we don't know if Jordan hasn't already studied film of Jason.

I agree.  It seems silly to have Jordan move to RT and try to focus on that position and the answer to learning LT is to sit back and watch JP.  Well, he's playing RT it's not like he's benched. So he's practicing and prepping for RT and watching film on himself playing RT to learn, then he also has to watch film of JP playing LT to learn more about LT for when he moves back to LT in the future?  :wacko:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I agree.  It seems silly to have Jordan move to RT and try to focus on that position and the answer to learning LT is to sit back and watch JP.  Well, he's playing RT it's not like he's benched. So he's practicing and prepping for RT and watching film on himself playing RT to learn, then he also has to watch film of JP playing LT to learn more about LT for when he moves back to LT in the future?  :wacko:

That's that Hanna-Barbera Chin Ass Doug logic for ya!

So lets say JP goes down and then Maliata goes back to LT mid-game.  Then who's backup RT now with Lane and Driscoll out?

30 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

So lets say JP goes down and then Maliata goes back to LT mid-game.  Then who's backup RT now with Lane and Driscoll out?

Lane is playing and starting. 

So, it looks like the OL will be:

Peters - Herbig - Kelce - Pryor(?) - Johnson.

Mailata on the bench as swing tackle replacing Peters or Johnson, whoever goes down first.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Lane is playing and starting. 

So, it looks like the OL will be:

Peters - Herbig - Kelce - Pryor(?) - Johnson.

Mailata on the bench as swing tackle replacing Peters or Johnson, whoever goes down first.

Absolute joke. If Lane starts and they play JP then that is quite alarming. Because either JP has too much clout, the owner is involved in that decision or the coaches don't have the balls to bench JP.

• Like 1

This situation has been handled terribly. The Agholor reference is screwed, Mailata has been one of our best 5 then you make a call about him being like a guy who couldn't catch a cold in '16

• Like 1

I'm really getting over this coaching staff and FO. If it wasn't for the outlier '17 season these guys would have been on the hot seat after last season already. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolute joke. If Lane starts and they play JP then that is quite alarming. Because either JP has too much clout, the owner is involved in that decision or the coaches don't have the balls to bench JP.

Or they have real issues with Mailata.

They can put Peters at RG, but instead leaning to play him at LT.  That move signals that they would rather let Herbig to get his snaps and game experience over Mailata.  IMHO, that is not smart.  By all likelihood, Peters is done after this season.  They need the young OLs to take the starting positions next season.  This is time to get them PT and prepare them.  Peters can be the back-up for the rest of the season.  Let the young OL play now. 

Dillard is at IR and he is not a factor this season.  If and when he is ready, mix him in the rotation then.

Disappointing but not surprising. Doug still probably calls Darren Sproles twice a day trying to talk him out of retirement.