Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

Rhea Seehorn made her directorial debut last episode.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, UK Eagle said:

I'd assume so, but I suppose we never really know where/if Jimmy truly transitions to Saul.  It could be a big tease.

To be fair, I've also been waiting for Tuco Salamanca turn up for the past series or so

He's in jail for quite awhile still. They mentioned it in one of the episodes this season. 

My mans said "I got a jimmy McGill problem” :lol: 

Bro, they really make us think wifey gon be game over 

Breaking Bad timeline seemed to start in 2008.  Based on Howard’s car (expiration date of his plate was Dec 2005) it looks like the current time is 2005.  I also noticed that the Boxing ring address was 1215.  I noticed it because Chuck kept referring to the address of the new address for the bank as 1216, one year after the Magna Carta.  Lastly, the episode was titled "Black and Blue”.  There was an early episode of Breaking Bad titled “(Spanish word for black that is censored on EMB) y Azul”, which translates to Black and Blue.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, iladelphxx said:

I wonder if Kim winds up in a minivan with the vacuum repairman? 

At this point I’m convinced it’s either that or she and Jimmy get caught with all this Howard stuff and she takes the fall for everything and ends up in jail or disbarred and moves away 

I can't help but wonder with all the Jimmy can't take the Lalo stuff and losing the fight to Howard, that somehow he's the one that kills Lalo.

Bit annoying that they are splitting the season into 2 though

brutal episode last night. Hope I'm allowed to say that and won't get banned by the fanbois. 

Just now, JBENT87 said:

brutal episode last night. Hope I'm allowed to say that and won't get banned by the fanbois. 

It was definitely slower

38 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

I can't help but wonder with all the Jimmy can't take the Lalo stuff and losing the fight to Howard, that somehow he's the one that kills Lalo.

Bit annoying that they are splitting the season into 2 though

I think the scene in BB where Saul is kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, Saul is concerned that it’s Lalo who captures him.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:58 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I think the scene in BB where Saul is kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, Saul is concerned that it’s Lalo who captures him.

He asked if it was Lalo or Ignacio (Nacho), which would lend itself to the probability that he's out of the loop on both of their killings.  I assume that Lalo will be killed because he plays no part in BB.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

He asked if it was Lalo or Ignacio (Nacho), which would lend itself to the probably that he's out of the loop on both of their killings.  I assume that Lalo will be killed because he plays no part in BB.

Yep. Saul doesn't even know who Gus is. I don't think he's going to cross paths with the cartel storyline much more from here until Walt shows up.

And Lalo has to die. The whole meth superlab is on pause because of Lalo. Plus he would never make the move in BB to take out Don Eladio with Lalo around. He even tells Hector that his family is all gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

It was a lot of filler. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Ah yes.  I'm just wondering why they are putting bits in about how soft/weak Jimmy is.  It's clearly building to something on a program where things aren't there for the sake of it

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was a lot of filler. 

This season is 13 eps split into 2 mini series, so a lot of filler makes sense now.  I had assumed it was only 10 eps

18 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yep. Saul doesn't even know who Gus is. I don't think he's going to cross paths with the cartel storyline much more from here until Walt shows up.

And Lalo has to die. The whole meth superlab is on pause because of Lalo. Plus he would never make the move in BB to take out Don Eladio with Lalo around. He even tells Hector that his family is all gone. 

I mean he slipped his watch into the trashcan and they had a whole interaction together! 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Vince Gilligan is insane

Unlike some other programs, he keeps in the detail and knows his material very well - or the people around him do.  It's why I enjoy this and BB. Very little is wasted in the story telling

SHOCKER WARNING!!!

Apparently Rhea Seehorn's birthday was this week, and she turned FIFTY. That is not a typo. 

51 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Unlike some other programs, he keeps in the detail and knows his material very well - or the people around him do.  It's why I enjoy this and BB. Very little is wasted in the story telling

It’s also why I find it incredibly frustrating at times because I feel like I need to know every little detail.  I’m watching it like a "completionist” would play a video game.  

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Vince Gilligan is insane 

This is f’ing amazing. 

I recently watched this scene after falling into a YouTube hole:

Chuck's line:

"In the end, you're going to hurt everybody around you" 

I think that's definitely foreshadowing 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, iladelphxx said:

I wonder if Kim winds up in a minivan with the vacuum repairman? 

🧐

Was that Rhea Seehorn that played Kim's mother as well?  If not they found her effing doppelganger - even sounded just like adult Kim.  

That episode flew by. I want more already.

I did chuckle at the Best Quality Vacuum card in the little black book.  They showed it just enough that it could be a nod or red herring reference for Saul later.