Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

Yeah, man. The two are related. I've seen/heard some sh** I do what I can to help those who can be helped, but for the most part I think humanity is a lost cause.

 

 

A world without humans? I don't know, seems pretty idyllic to me.

Perfect would have lots of humans, all having everything they need and getting along while living in harmony with nature and the planet. I hope you don't always set the bar so low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kz! said:

This actually explains the typical commie's political philosophy. It's a philosophy built on destructiveness, self-loathing, and hatred. It's designed to fail and fail spectacularly. 

That doesn't make sense. Communism is all about creating a collective society. I'm telling you that I think the world would be better off without any human society at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boogyman said:

Perfect would have lots of humans, all having everything they need and getting along while living in harmony with nature and the planet. I hope you don't always set the bar so low.

 

Yeah, but that's a pipe dream. I think we just have to clean house and start over. Maybe the next intelligent lifeforce will manage itself better. I think we've done enough beta testing of humans to know that this isn't going to work out in the long-run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys lived through 2020-21 in the United States and still have hope for humanity? That's admirable, in like a delusionally optimistic sort of way. It'd be nice to convince myself that humanity can redeem itself, but a neverending series of masssive disappointments has led me to believe it's just not in the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

Yeah, but that's a pipe dream. I think we just have to clean house and start over. Maybe the next intelligent lifeforce will manage itself better. I think we've done enough beta testing of humans to know that this isn't going to work out in the long-run.

Use a different word next time than. The word perfect has a meaning.

2 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

You guys lived through 2020-21 in the United States and still have hope for humanity? That's admirable, in like a delusionally optimistic sort of way. It'd be nice to convince myself that humanity can redeem itself, but a neverending series of masssive disappointments has led me to believe it's just not in the cards.

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kz! said:

This actually explains the typical commie's political philosophy. It's a philosophy built on destructiveness, self-loathing, and hatred. It's designed to fail and fail spectacularly. 

He just hasn’t seen Hanson live yet.  He’ll come around.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That doesn't make sense. Communism is all about creating a collective society. I'm telling you that I think the world would be better off without any human society at all.

And the quickest way to hit the reset button is to have everyone starve to death under communism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kz! said:

And the quickest way to hit the reset button is to have everyone starve to death under communism.

 

Meh, we don't need communism. I think American democracy seems to be doing the trick just fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kz! said:

And the quickest way to hit the reset button is to have everyone starve to death under communism.

Then replace it with a hyper-capitalist society led by a authoritarian on horseback, right?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

Meh, we don't need communism. I think American democracy seems to be doing the trick just fine.

That we agree on. :lol: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything, the last five years has taught me not to take democracy for granted.  I no longer do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That doesn't make sense. Communism is all about creating a collective society. I'm telling you that I think the world would be better off without any human society at all.

rather naively assume people are inherently good, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:



I mean, immigrant race-baiting BS aside, he's not wrong. I'll ask again: Where's my monthly tax credit for not having kids and not being a drain on the system? I'm not really a fan of this child tax credit. I don't mind public assistance to those who truly need it in difficult times, but at the very least, this should be temporary. Stop telling me about how it "lifts kids out of poverty." What a disingenuous statement. It's just a band-aid on a much bigger problem.

It's an instant tax reduction. We give tax reductions for all kinds of things, owning a home, buying a hybrid car, giving to charity, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Imagine having a former President so thoroughly in your head that you feel the need to bring him up day after day in response to the fact that our current President is awful and everyone hates him :roll: 

I voted for Biden in the primary. The reason was because he was our best hope for getting rid of the orange menace. No matter how unpopular he gets, he just needs to be popular enough to beat Trump again in 2024. It's quite literally all that matters. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ToastJenkins said:

yeah one cancer is better than the other...

Let me know when Biden talks about running for a 3rd, 4th, or 5th term and supports state legislatures overturning elections or "finding enough votes" to win. One party thinks we should be a democracy, the other one, not so much. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Then replace it with a hyper-capitalist society led by a authoritarian on horseback, right?

Yep.
 

Grave of Hitler's Horse, Zachary Taylor's Bathtub, St. Rose, Louisiana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

That doesn't make sense. Communism is all about creating a collective society. I'm telling you that I think the world would be better off without any human society at all.

Thankfully you are not having kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It's an instant tax reduction. We give tax reductions for all kinds of things, owning a home, buying a hybrid car, giving to charity, etc. 

 

Which are all things that help the economy. Having kids you can't afford? Not so much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty simple. If you choose to have kids, then you should bear the costs. Stop asking the rest of us to support your offspring. And before someone says "but what about the future" let me respond with 2 things. First, I don't care since I don't have kids. Second, I've seen this generation of kids, and...I'm bearish on the future.

We shouldn't be encouraging the least successful and capable to reproduce the fastest. 

The opening of Idiocracy continues to become more and more a reality.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Let me know when Biden talks about running for a 3rd, 4th, or 5th term and supports state legislatures overturning elections or "finding enough votes" to win. One party thinks we should be a democracy, the other one, not so much. 

one ass clown. Dont manage to the outliers.

which party actually ever took a 3rd term again?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

It's pretty simple. If you choose to have kids, then you should bear the costs. Stop asking the rest of us to support your offspring. And before someone says "but what about the future" let me respond with 2 things. First, I don't care since I don't have kids. Second, I've seen this generation of kids, and...I'm bearish on the future.

We shouldn't be encouraging the least successful and capable to reproduce the fastest. 

The opening of Idiocracy continues to become more and more a reality.

I do have kids and I don’t care about the future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

which party actually ever took a 3rd term again?

 

Yeah, they passed the 22nd Amendment AFTER that though.  That pesky Constitution…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...