Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Gannan

This show deserves it's own thread. Any predictions for season 3?

Spoiler

Rumor is they have been shooting in Okinawa. I think they will bring back the Chozen. I think it's his voice in the teaser that says Miyagi didn't teach Daniel everything. I think Elizabeth Shue is definitely coming back. Maybe Johnny opens a competing Cobra Kai dojo?

• Like 1

I don't know how you move on from the high school massacre that ended season two. 

I started watching this show recently and couldn’t stop watching it.  It was really enjoyable.  It’s been years since I’ve seen the Karate Kid movies, I should probably rewatch them again before rewatching the series.

4 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I don't know how you move on from the high school massacre that ended season two. 

Johnny will teach Miguel how to defeat all of Cobra Kai using just the big toe on his left foot, which is the only digit he will regain movement in. Daniel will spend the entire season trying to talk his wife into letting him practice karate again.

Johnny completely kills it in this show.  He's hilarious.  Not sure if he was typecasted as Johnny and that killed his career, but all I remember him from is Karate Kid and Back to School.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hputenis said:

Johnny completely kills it in this show.  He's hilarious.  Not sure if he was typecasted as Johnny and that killed his career, but all I remember him from is Karate Kid and Back to School.  

So it's funny about him.  His name is William (BIlly) Zabka.  I met him once and got my picture taken with him.  He definitely was typecast.  He grew up a Christian religious kid, going to church, summer camps with his youth group, etc.  He was really nice and not at all a bully.  But once he got typecast he couldn't get out of it.  

I went to a Christian film festival in Southern California when I lived out there.  A church hosted it, it was a pretty small gathering of indie filmmakers.  He was the highlight.  He and his brother made a short film.  It was about a father sacrificing his son who was stuck on train tracks in order to save the entire train full of people from crashing and dying, as a metaphor for God sacrificing his son to save others.  @dawkins4prez would love it!   He told his story of growing up as a very dedicated Christian kid and being this nice church kid but in the movies being known for being a bully.  

• Like 6

Billy actually revived his role of Johnny in a music video "Sweep the Leg" back in 2006.  He wrote and directed the video.    It's pretty corny but has all the characters and similar concepts as Cobra Kai.

He also appears as a caricature of himself on HIMYM. As Barney Stinson is the only one who understood that LaRusso was the real villain of the karate kid movies. 

• Like 2

Loved the first two seasons in YouTube.  So glad it went to Netflix!!!  Elizabeth shue is rumored to be back.  I read She’s a complete **** IRL though which is why it’s taken so long to get her on board.  

On 11/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

He also appears as a caricature of himself on HIMYM. As Barney Stinson is the only one who understood that LaRusso was the real villain of the karate kid movies. 

He IS the Karate Kid!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, What The F said:

Best show of the last 2/3 years.

granted it's been around before this summer, but what else has dropped on netflix the past 8 months? Queens Gambit? I'm trying to think what else of note has been able to drop during this time frame. Mando was last Fall because my Disney Plus definitely just had its 1yr auto-renewal the other day. 

rolled through both seasons in about 3 weeks.  fun, fun show.  sure...most of the issues are misunderstandings that could be solved by characters having a 5 minute conversation. :lol:  but it's still an entertaining show. 

Spoiler

that miguel fall tho :o

On 12/1/2020 at 1:42 AM, mr_hunt said:

rolled through both seasons in about 3 weeks.  fun, fun show.  sure...most of the issues are misunderstandings that could be solved by characters having a 5 minute conversation. :lol:  but it's still an entertaining show. 

Reveal hidden contents

that miguel fall tho :o

Yeah 

it's pretty rough the way his back snaps. You would have to think he is a para of quadriplegic

10 hours ago, Mat said:

Yeah 

Hide contents

it's pretty rough the way his back snaps. You would have to think he is a para of quadriplegic

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, The_Omega said:

tenor.gif

A happy ending is not going to fix that boy's back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

rewatching Season 2. And Tory with a Y just showed up, and HIT! I don't care how old she may or may not be! (internet says 22 as of this past April) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

rewatching Season 2. And Tory with a Y just showed up, and HIT! I don't care how old she may or may not be! (internet says 22 as of this past April) 

I believe she's of age, but I feel kinda creepy looking at her that way cause she was on a Disney showed called Jessie that my daughter watched when she was younger.

• Like 1

did it look like Dee Snider/Twisted Sister was the rock concert in the trailer ?

49 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

did it look like Dee Snider/Twisted Sister was the rock concert in the trailer ?

Yep gotta love it.