Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Gannan

• 3 weeks later...

Watched first few episodes last night, it's more of what we enjoyed about the show. 

3 hours ago, DBW said:

Watched all three karate kid movies today.  Cobra Kai on queue for tonight.  

The 3rd one was terrible. 

We finished the first half last night and the second half tonight. It was good, but not as good as the other seasons. I think I read somewhere that season 5 is the last one. It’s kind of running it’s course. 

Thought this season was meh

Spoiler

Seems like the actor who plays Miguel is leaving because it's strange to randomly have him go look for his dad like that

They tried to do an all girls league but there's really no one besides the 2 girls

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Thought this season was meh

Hide contents

Seems like the actor who plays Miguel is leaving because it's strange to randomly have him go look for his dad like that

They tried to do an all girls league but there's really no one besides the 2 girls

Yeah it seemed like…

Spoiler

A good opportunity to bring back Aisha, but then they only did it for a 5 minute scene.

Legit surprised Sting Ray came back to show. He’s been on a real roll legit award worthy movies with I Tonya, Richard Jewell and Blackkklansman

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, homerpat said:

Legit surprised Sting Ray came back to show. He’s been on a real roll legit award worthy movies with I Tonya, Richard Jewell and Blackkklansman

He's so annoying, can't stand him. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

He's so annoying, can't stand him. 

I think that’s his purpose in show. I’m sure we’ve all met sad sacks like him at one point in life. Def a total creep

Just surprised he came back after being on a real roll career wise

I kinda hope they wrap this up after season 5 - the recycled plot lines are tired.  The show is still hilarious and entertaining, but it's definitely lost some of the initial luster from the early seasons for me.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I kinda hope they wrap this up after season 5 - the recycled plot lines are tired.  The show is still hilarious and entertaining, but it's definitely lost some of the initial luster from the early seasons for me.  

That was my impression too. Its all recycled. There's just not much else they can do with it. In season 5 most likely

Spoiler
  • Robbie reconciles with Johnny and they finally train together
  • Tori joins Robbie and goes with Johnny and is similarly redeemed.
  • Mike Barns will be the latest old character to reappear in the show joining Terry Silver to train the Cobra Kais
  • Krease will eventually be exonerated and make peace with Johnny and Daniel now that Terry Silver is the real villain.
  • There will be tension between the eagle fans and Myagi dos most likely because Daniel sees Krease helping the Eagle Fangs. There will probably be a fight but in the end they will join forced to defeat the Cobra Kais once and for all.

After all that, what else is there really? It's a great series but its coming to an end. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That was my impression too. Its all recycled. There's just not much else they can do with it. In season 5 most likely

Reveal hidden contents
  • Robbie reconciles with Johnny and they finally train together
  • Tori joins Robbie and goes with Johnny and is similarly redeemed.
  • Mike Barns will be the latest old character to reappear in the show joining Terry Silver to train the Cobra Kais
  • Krease will eventually be exonerated and make peace with Johnny and Daniel now that Terry Silver is the real villain.
  • There will be tension between the eagle fans and Myagi dos most likely because Daniel sees Krease helping the Eagle Fangs. There will probably be a fight but in the end they will join forced to defeat the Cobra Kais once and for all.

After all that, what else is there really? It's a great series but its coming to an end. 

Spoiler

It was pretty transparent how they were transitioning Krease away from being the villain towards the end of this season, wasn't it?  :lol: 

• Like 1

Still only halfway done with season 4, but I will say this, Mr. Miyagi would be ashamed of the person that Daniel became. That, and Johnny’s training montage was gold.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Still only halfway done with season 4, but I will say this, Mr. Miyagi would be ashamed of the person that Daniel became. That, and Johnny’s training montage was gold.

Johnny leaning hard into Rocky this season is everything!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Miguel went on the Jesse Plemons diet between seasons.

I just finished Ep.9.  Now I feel bad about this.

OK, I'm over it.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, mikemack8 said:
  Hide contents

It was pretty transparent how they were transitioning Krease away from being the villain towards the end of this season, wasn't it?  :lol: 

It's just like a soap opera.  Characters change alliances and go from good to bad to gray character every other episode it seems.

• Like 1