Cobra Kai (Netflix)

Gannan

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's just like a soap opera.  Characters change alliances and go from good to bad to gray character every other episode it seems.

It's a soap opera mixed with a CW show about teenagers.  Throw in some 80s nostalgia and you have yourself a hit!

You puzzies are crazy.  This season was badass, especially the last few episodes.  I can see the lure of wanting to go out on top, but I wouldn't mind a few more seasons. And good news

Season 5 won't be the end of Cobra Kai either.

In an interview with ScreenRant, co-creator Josh Heald confirmed that Season 5 would be just another chapter in the Cobra Kai story, but not the end. "We have more beyond season 5," he said. "We are not writing to the end of the series in season 5 right now."

• Like 2

I’d like to see a little more growth moving forward. It seems like every season follows the same, our characters grow to trust each other, then stumble backwards, then rally, only for that work to be undermined again and we’re back to square one. I don’t need them all to become perfect and never fail, but grow in one area but then have something else your character needs to work on. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the show. But the 1 step forward 1 step back is starting to become repetitive. 

I wanna see

Chozen

beat the ish out of Silver.  And they’re already done filming season 5, so we may be seeing it this summer.

1 hour ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’d like to see a little more growth moving forward. It seems like every season follows the same, our characters grow to trust each other, then stumble backwards, then rally, only for that work to be undermined again and we’re back to square one. I don’t need them all to become perfect and never fail, but grow in one area but then have something else your character needs to work on. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying the show. But the 1 step forward 1 step back is starting to become repetitive. 

I come back to the show title. It's about Cobra Kai and started out as Johnny's redemption finding balance between how he was taught.  I liked the dynamic of him training kids who were bullied to stand up for themselves and all the while trying to mentor them better than Krease did with him.  Help them draw that line.

Daniel coming to the realization to add more offense to his teaching made sense in the idea of balance, but even Miyagi taught offense.  It's not like in a karate tournament you never hit, it's just more defense, be patient and wait for the right time.  But adding more offense and mixing up the approach will keep opponents guessing.

I like the flashbacks from each perspective making Daniel look like he was bullying as well showing Johnny's side which is also a nod to the internet posts over the years joking about Daniel being the real villain.  

Season 5 needs to get over the father/child relationships and resolve them.

I’ll admit, I didn’t see that coming at the end. I hope the Keene Miguel who does Johnny love more bs stops next season. I’m intrigued by where Miguel’s story can go without it. Keene too.  Overall, another solid season! 

On 1/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’ll admit, I didn’t see that coming at the end. I hope the Keene Miguel who does Johnny love more bs stops next season. I’m intrigued by where Miguel’s story can go without it. Keene too.  Overall, another solid season! 

That drunken post-prom where Johnny told Miguel "I love you Robby” was heartbreaking 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

I think Jonnie and Daniel will welch on their deal with Cobra Kai saying the deal was made with Krease and not Silver, AFTER Tori tells them she saw the ref being paid off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What The F said:
  Hide contents

I think Jonnie and Daniel will welch on their deal with Cobra Kai saying the deal was made with Krease and not Silver, AFTER Tori tells them she saw the ref being paid off.  

I think it’s more likely she tells krease. Krease softens up (you could see that at the end of the season).  Krease and silver then have an epic battle down the road next season.  Johnny goes off after Miguel and they both end up in some trouble in Mexico.  Daniel has to go down and rescue them, he takes Chozen along for the bad ass special ops mission.  They return to find cobra Kai dojos all over but they’re not "bad” - krease has learned and they teach the right way.  Robby beats up Kenny out of rage and is back in jail because krease couldn’t show him the err of his ways while Danny and absentee dad were gone again.  So now they have to really come together to get through to Robby.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sam is the absolute worst 

agreed. observations on her character:

1. it's like watching a friegh train with stiff arms when her character has to run somewhere, all shoulders
  2. about had it with her mouth full of teeth and trying to Fing understand her dialogue
  3. believe the writers ran out of ideas for her and fell back on if Daniel's really not an angel, maybe she isn't either*
    1. however, it's not too bad of a plot line if so.  
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:40 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Sam is the absolute worst 

Yeah i find myself rooting for Tori instead. 

I find both Tori and Sam to be insufferable. Frankly, the only high school character I’m actively rooting for is Miguel. Robby too to an extent, but I get annoyed with his moping demeanor.  

i feel like this is a good time to remind all of you that the actress who plays tori is 23 y/o & the actress who plays sam is 25 y/o. 

also, the "half your age + 7 " rule is still in effect. 

carry on. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i feel like this is a good time to remind all of you that the actress who plays tori is 23 y/o & the actress who plays sam is 25 y/o. 

also, the "half your age + 7 " rule is still in effect. 

carry on. 

Tori is a smoke show. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, What The F said:

Tori is a smoke show. 

i'm sorry, sir....tori is well below the 1/2 age + 7 rule for me...so i just don't look at her that way. :nonono:   

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I find both Tori and Sam to be insufferable. Frankly, the only high school character I’m actively rooting for is Miguel. Robby too to an extent, but I get annoyed with his moping demeanor.  

Kenny, but I guess he was middle school. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm sorry, sir....tori is well below the 1/2 age + 7 rule for me...so i just don't look at her that way. :nonono:   

I'm not adding the 7. That rule is some bull ish

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I think Tori has a more interesting story.  They were getting into her family life and the classic character of someone with troubles at home who is a bully, but ultimately needs a parental figure.  They were starting that with Mrs. Laruso.  And the dynamics for both Jonny and Daniel of spending time on training other kids and not paying enough attention to their own kids, unless they are also doing karate (Daniel's son).  

I like Hawk's character as well.  I liked the whole dynamic of how Jonny started up Cobra Kai again but this time he was taking nerds who were bullied or lacked confidence and karate helped them.  It's like this cheesy show but has heartfelt moments in it.  Him gaining confidence, a whole new look and it really did make everyone forget about his scar.  Plus it just reminded me of the type of character you'd find in a quirky 80s movie.  

• Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 11:07 AM, NOTW said:

I think Tori has a more interesting story.  They were getting into her family life and the classic character of someone with troubles at home who is a bully, but ultimately needs a parental figure.  They were starting that with Mrs. Laruso.  And the dynamics for both Jonny and Daniel of spending time on training other kids and not paying enough attention to their own kids, unless they are also doing karate (Daniel's son).  

I like Hawk's character as well.  I liked the whole dynamic of how Jonny started up Cobra Kai again but this time he was taking nerds who were bullied or lacked confidence and karate helped them.  It's like this cheesy show but has heartfelt moments in it.  Him gaining confidence, a whole new look and it really did make everyone forget about his scar.  Plus it just reminded me of the type of character you'd find in a quirky 80s movie.  

Hawk is the man. That actor started with such a nervous, insecure demeanor. But is also able to drip swag off the charts. 

• Like 2

Finally finished 

paying off a referee in a karate tournament was such a bad angle. The ref barely does anything during the matches. The only thing that even mattered was him ruling Torri out of bounds when she got hit. So he was paid off if that one specific scenario happened during a fight? 

The writers should have played into it more so it doesn’t feel so lazy. Have the ref rule points when it was actually blocked, rule blocked when it actually was close but wasn’t blocked, etc.

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Finally finished 

Hide contents

paying off a referee in a karate tournament was such a bad angle. The ref barely does anything during the matches. The only thing that even mattered was him ruling Torri out of bounds when she got hit. So he was paid off if that one specific scenario happened during a fight? 

The writers should have played into it more so it doesn’t feel so lazy. Have the ref rule points when it was actually blocked, rule blocked when it actually was close but wasn’t blocked, etc.

He should have taken a point when she hit Sam in the eye. That’s what they were saying, anyway.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Hide contents

He should have taken a point when she hit Sam in the eye. That’s what they were saying, anyway.

forgot about that part. Problem is they are in the middle of a Torri redemption arc and making her character sympathetic, so they make the hit to the eye accidental and her apologetic about it, which makes it seem like the ref is actually doing a good job and the right thing by not deducting the point.