Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

5 hours ago, Cappeeler said:

Over 3,000 but I'm not sure exactly. It's not a big deal to me though.

If you want, I'll see if I can find you in the old members list to get your stats. It may take a little time for me to be able to do it, but if you want to see if you can find yourself, here's the link to the archive:

Old Member List

Since the old board no longer exists, the way you have to do it is by right clicking each page and open it in a new tab. You can't just click the page like normal. The way they were archived was in reverse order, from most posts to least posts, and I archived about 100 pages, so your profile should be there. I think by the time I stopped, the post counts were somewhere in the hundreds, so everyone that had in the thousands, should be archived. 

OldEMB.JPG

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you want, I'll see if I can find you in the old members list to get your stats. It may take a little time for me to be able to do it, but if you want to see if you can find yourself, here's the link to the archive:

Old Member List

Since the old board no longer exists, the way you have to do it is by right clicking each page and open it in a new tab. You can't just click the page like normal. The way they were archived was in reverse order, from most posts to least posts, and I archived about 100 pages, so your profile should be there. I think by the time I stopped, the post counts were somewhere in the hundreds, so everyone that had in the thousands, should be archived. 

OldEMB.JPG

Thanks. I appreciate it but it not that important. 

41 minutes ago, Cappeeler said:

Thanks. I appreciate it but it not that important. 

No problem. If you change your mind (at any time), just let me know. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Closing in on one full year. In 11 days, it's a year since Dave made the announcement (and 20 minutes later, the creation of this URL, hosting package and board license purchase). Five days later, we opened for business.

Hard to believe that almost a year has gone by... and what a year it was! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Closing in on one full year. In 11 days, it's a year since Dave made the announcement (and 20 minutes later, the creation of this URL, hosting package and board license purchase). Five days later, we opened for business.

Time does fly. 

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you have any idea of how many legitimately "new" people have signed up since we opened for business?

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Time does fly. 

It does indeed. 3 years ago, we were all still floating on a Super Bowl high, now most of that team is gone.. but at least we still have Howie!

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Do you have any idea of how many legitimately "new" people have signed up since we opened for business?

No, it's hard to tell who's new and who's not unless they say so. Some old members opted to use new names, some of which I knew when they did it (but have now forgotten who's who). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 3:48 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at some stats and noticed that there's been 140,045 posts in 1,258 threads since the new EMB opened its virtual doors on April 20th. 

As of this posting, there have been 132 days between April 20th and now (not counting this day, the 30th of August). That works out to 1,061 posts per day. Keep that pace as the average over a full year and we'll be pushing 400,000 posts. 

As of a few minutes ago, and 3 days less than a full years worth of posting:

2,630 Total Topics  487,366 Total Posts

45 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As of a few minutes ago, and 3 days less than a full years worth of posting:

2,630 Total Topics  487,366 Total Posts

Imagine if there wasn’t a lack of activity!

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Imagine if there wasn’t a lack of activity!

8 million Topics, 23 million posts... per month!

• 11 months later...

It's not quite our "opening day anniversary" (that's in 5 days), but today's the 2 year anniversary of the announcement of the old EMB closing and the anniversary of the New EMB's foundations being laid.

April 15th 2020:

Spoiler

EMB Closing.PNG

April 15th 2022:

The New EMB has over 900,000 posts.

Spoiler

New EMB.PNG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's not quite our "opening day anniversary" (that's in 5 days), but today's the 2 year anniversary of the announcement of the old EMB closing and the anniversary of the New EMB's foundations being laid.

April 15th 2020:

Reveal hidden contents

EMB Closing.PNG

April 15th 2022:

Hide contents

New EMB.PNG

Happy nearly anniversary New EMB. So glad we were able to keep things going. 

How does that productivity compare with the old EMB?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

April 15th 2020:

Hide contents

EMB Closing.PNG

April 15th 2022:

Hide contents

New EMB.PNG

Dave Spadaro.............................Corporate puppet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Happy nearly anniversary New EMB. So glad we were able to keep things going. 

How does that productivity compare with the old EMB?

I didn't have access on the old EMB, to see what the activity was. But we're averaging close to 500,000 posts per year (so far). That's close to an average of 1,400 posts per day. That excuse about a 'significant decrease' in activity was just a silly excuse to try to push everyone to other platforms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't have access on the old EMB, to see what the activity was. But we're averaging close to 500,000 posts per year (so far). That's close to an average of 1,400 posts per day. That excuse about a 'significant decrease' in activity was just a silly excuse to try to push everyone to other platforms.

F*** everyone who was part of that decision.  But it worked out better for us, and now we don't have to work under the umbrella of the team, and have the best football message board of all.  I don't think we can really express to you how awesome it is that you took this and ran with it.

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Your stats include a disastrous 2020 season.

Guarantee that activity will increase as the team's fortunes do.

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Your stats include a disastrous 2020 season.

Guarantee that activity will increase as the teams' fortunes do.

God help the servers if we go on a Super Bowl run... :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

God help the servers if we go on a Super Bowl run... :ph34r: 

You could probably save a bunch of money just going with 1 single post with everything Eagles related in it.... like idunno... the blog?... and get rid of everything else to save all the bandwidth.  🙄

1 hour ago, What The F said:

You could probably save a bunch of money just going with 1 single post with everything Eagles related in it.... like idunno... the blog?... and get rid of everything else to save all the bandwidth.  🙄

If we go on a Super Bowl run though, guests would likely be all over the board and that's good for business. A good Super Bowl run could pay for a years worth of board bills! lol

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, LacesOut said:

Thanks again, VaBeach! 

I WON'T RIP HIS HEART OUT!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No problem. If you change your mind (at any time), just let me know. 

Are we still able to add back likes? 

Screenshot_20200429-223034_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Are we still able to add back likes? 

Yes, I just adjusted the stats for you... though I did posts, too. If you only wanted likes to be adjusted, I can switch it back. Just let me know. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes, I just adjusted the stats for you... though I did posts, too. If you only wanted likes to be adjusted, I can switch it back. Just let me know. 

You rock! It looks great how you did it. You are an EMB GOD. haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

To memorialize our surpassing of 1 Million posts, I've archived the board as of a few moments ago (I typed that then forgot to post it before going out, so it was actually a few hours earlier than this post). 

Here's archive #1 from our first 24 hours of being open in April of 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200421055146/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/

Here's the archive from the day that we surpassed One Million Posts:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220802155030/https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/

Next stop, 2 Million!

• Like 9