Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

Just now, mattwill said:

Thanks.  How is life up in Nova Scotia.  You should really be getting green and colorful about now.

its beautiful back home. I am out in western canada right now though. 

2 minutes ago, mattwill said:

My old profile on the EMB appears to no longer be available.  So pick a random number of your choice and enter it.

When Dave announced the board closure, and I began the process of setting this board up, I went and archived a lot of the old EMB on Archive.org. I didn't have time to do the entire board of course, but I did get most of the member list (which includes a lot of profiles and the member stats). 

Here's the archived link to your old profile:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200428135820/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/profile/17201-mattwill/

You can use that to get your old member number and join date, if you want to add those to your profile here. I'll go ahead and use the post count and like count from that, and add them to your profile here. 

1 minute ago, In2football said:

its beautiful back home. I am out in western canada right now though. 

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When Dave announced the board closure, and I began the process of setting this board up, I went and archived a lot of the old EMB on Archive.org. I didn't have time to do the entire board of course, but I did get most of the member list (which includes a lot of profiles and the member stats). 

Here's the archived link to your old profile:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200428135820/https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/profile/17201-mattwill/

You can use that to get your old member number and join date, if you want to add those to your profile here. I'll go ahead and use the post count and like count from that, and add them to your profile here. 

41059 has a good ring to it but 20418 has an even better ring to it.  So set mine at 20418.

Thanks again for setting this up.

15 minutes ago, mattwill said:

My old profile on the EMB appears to no longer be available.  So pick a random number of your choice and enter it.

Hey Matt, good to see you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

41059 has a good ring to it but 20418 has an even better ring to it.  So set mine at 20418.

Thanks again for setting this up.

No problem, you'll be losing a good amount of post count, if that matters to you (a little over 20,000). 

On 6/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No problem, you'll be losing a good amount of post count, if that matters to you (a little over 20,000). 

True, but 020418 has a particular ring to it.  :Eagle_smiley: 

BTW you need a Lombardi emoticon

On 6/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, mattwill said:

BTW you need a Lombardi emoticon

:LII-2:

On 5/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, xstonr said:

Hey VA, Does the message board software have a chat room? Game day was always fun in the old EMB board when it had the chat. Thanks

I've kicked around an idea where chat would be available but it wouldn't be a chat room here on the board. I don't know if I'll do it, or even be able to do it though. 

That idea is YouTube. I've considered live streaming during games, similar to how Shango does... though, I'm not as entertaining as he usually is. In fact, I'm probably downright boring lol. But that would have chat capabilities and could potentially earn the board some revenue if I could get to the point of monetizing the channel. 

I believe that in order to turn on live streaming, you have to have something like 1,000 subscribers and in order to monetize, you have to have the following:

YT.JPG

So as you can see, we currently have 2 subscribers and 0 watched hours... of course, that's because I haven't done anything with the channel so far. 

So that's the idea that I've kind of kicked around. Of course, I'd have to build up a little 'infrastructure' to do that and build up the channel, which I don't know if it'd be possible to do between now and the season. 

How has activity been compared to the other board? and since opening up here are we up or down?

18 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

How has activity been compared to the other board? and since opening up here are we up or down?

I would say I can’t tell a difference. Not everyone made the trip over, but even still, I can’t say I’ve seen a noticeable drop in activity. 

1 hour ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I didn't have access to the stats on the old EMB, so I can't say one way or the other. @Moderator12 did get copies of some of the stats from various points in time from last season, but we don't really have anything to compare them to yet. Once the season rolls around (assuming there will be one), we can compare. 

In one way, it won't surprise me if we're a little lower than the old EMB though, seeing as we're not affiliated with PE.COM and we're basically brand new, in terms of the domain name. 

51 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I didn't have access to the stats on the old EMB, so I can't say one way or the other. @Moderator12 did get copies of some of the stats from various points in time from last season, but we don't really have anything to compare them to yet. Once the season rolls around (assuming there will be one), we can compare. 

In one way, it won't surprise me if we're a little lower than the old EMB though, seeing as we're not affiliated with PE.COM and we're basically brand new, in terms of the domain name. 

Ive noticed the member count still slowly growing up.

Where do you think new members are finding us? Think its still slowly trickling in of previous members finding out about this place from other members? Or are we searchable on google now? Anyone else in the media plugging the site like Tommy once did for us?

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Or are we searchable on google now?

It is the first search result for Eagles message board

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive noticed the member count still slowly growing up.

Where do you think new members are finding us? Think its still slowly trickling in of previous members finding out about this place from other members? Or are we searchable on google now? Anyone else in the media plugging the site like Tommy once did for us?

A few have told me that they found us on Google, but I can imagine that a lot of old EMBers who didn't know about the closure until after it happened, are just 'out there' confused as to what happened and figure that it's just gone for good. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

A few have told me that they found us on Google, but I can imagine that a lot of old EMBers who didn't know about the closure until after it happened, are just 'out there' confused as to what happened and figure that it's just gone for good. 

They're still looking for us like...

Confused Britains Got Talent GIF by Got Talent Global - Find ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 3:03 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

:LII-2:

I'll see your :LII:and raise you :LII::LII:

• Like 2

We are on vacation. 

My son was snagging all the flounder out of the water today.

20200707_085359.thumb.jpg.fe86339ca3e9a1af08a4d16778413975.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We are on vacation. 

did you mean to post this in the blog? or in welcome to the message board?

4 minutes ago, greend said:

did you mean to post this in the blog? or in welcome to the message board?

Maybe the blog. 

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

We are on vacation. 

Fishing behind Ocean City...

ICU...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Fishing behind Ocean City...

ICU...

Parasailed this morning.  Saw you too.

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Parasailed this morning.  Saw you too.

If your Para sail skipper was named Cole, he's my future nephew ( in law) or something like that. Dates my niece...

If you saw me, I was drifting for flounder in the inlet in this...

IMG_0709.thumb.JPG.43495e6a8046fdd587c78b4e886ab7e8.JPG