Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

15 hours ago, NYEagle said:

PS......philadelphiaeagles.com is now a dead site to me......there is no need.  So I wonder what type of decrease in activity they have now on the putrid site lol

The sad thing to me is how little the Eagles execs care about the fans.

Or maybe they just take us for granted.

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

The sad thing to me is how little the Eagles execs care about the fans.  Or maybe they just take us for granted.

I'm having a hard time understanding why a multi-billion   $$   'company'  is concerned about the few pennies it costs to have a message board and whatever it costs to support it. If it were me I'd consider it a cost of doing business and just write it off on my taxes. It's not as if the  'company'  has no cash flow.    

• Like 2

Thanks to VAbeach for getting this all set up... looks just like the old digs so hopefully everything will carry over and keep the tradition alive👍

• Like 5

On 5/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, NYEagle said:

PS......philadelphiaeagles.com is now a dead site to me......there is no need.  So I wonder what type of decrease in activity they have now on the putrid site lol

It was dead as soon as they stopped Eagles Live. Never needed to go there to get to the EMB.

19 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

I'm having a hard time understanding why a multi-billion   $$   'company'  is concerned about the few pennies it costs to have a message board and whatever it costs to support it. If it were me I'd consider it a cost of doing business and just write it off on my taxes. It's not as if the  'company'  has no cash flow.    

They signed a contract with reddit, and they need to look like they are cooperating with shifting everyone towards it rather than having alternatives. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mihailo said:

They signed a contract with reddit, and they need to look like they are cooperating with shifting everyone towards it rather than having alternatives. 

Except that the vast majority of us won't be going there so what's gained? A few bucks here & there?

How much is enough ?

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I will never, ever, go to reddit to talk football. Never. 

But then I could see what kinds of pervs I’m taking to in the board. /s

i think it’s a way to control people. You say something in the heat of a game, you piss someone off, then they go digging into your post history. 

I like to check in to this thread now and again to see who from the old EMB made it over to the new one, totally set up by @VaBeach_Eagle (Yes, we should ALL bow down to him for the time being) and I have to say there's loads of usernames I've seen that I am glad to see have made it to the New World.  Please keep contributing and posting more as this seems to be a better forum than before. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:54 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I still find myself scrolling down and looking for Ask Dave, to see if there's anything new in there... 

I can't imagine why.        Seeing bland say nothing response after bland say nothing response made it a waste of time, but for few years there we had a pretty active group that hung out there that had nothing to do with asking Spadaro questions.          Nothing against him, but you could ask a brick wall and get more insight.

I love what you've done here, and one of my favorite things is that the Eagles and Spadaro have nothing to do with it any more.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, McNabbIsDone said:

Except that the vast majority of us won't be going there so what's gained? A few bucks here & there?

How much is enough ?

You do realize that we're a tiny fraction of the Eagles fan base, right?             Eliminating this board was as insignificant as any decision the franchise will ever make in the big picture.

29 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

I can't imagine why.        Seeing bland say nothing response after bland say nothing response made it a waste of time, but for few years there we had a pretty active group that hung out there that had nothing to do with asking Spadaro questions.          Nothing against him, but you could ask a brick wall and get more insight.

I love what you've done here, and one of my favorite things is that the Eagles and Spadaro have nothing to do with it any more.

It was habit. I'd check each of several forums each time I logged in and his was one of them. So it'll just take a little time to get out of that habit lol. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mjkvol said:

He never would own up to that ridiculous article he wrote about getting Mike McMahon in FA in '05. From the headline it made it sound like we acquired TO all over again— "We Got Him!!!" or something. Never did forget that. :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, McNabbIsDone said:

How much is enough ?

Absolutely, I agree. I think they need to give impression they are onboard. It is like a company signing with Microsoft most likely won't be offering linux, even though it is a niche market.  

On 5/4/2020 at 11:18 PM, KOJO said:

He never would own up to that ridiculous article he wrote about getting Mike McMahon in FA in '05. From the headline it made it sound like we acquired TO all over again— "We Got Him!!!" or something. Never did forget that. :lol:

And we hammered him pretty good about that at the time, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I just added this video to the first post of this thread, it's a news story that aired back before the old EMB closed:

Here's the direct link to the news story: https://www.wfmz.com/sports/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-official-discussion-boards-closing-april-30/article_a67fe4ae-8129-11ea-8d14-439309fb32d4.html

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Have you heard from Dave at all?

Last email I got was back on the 30th, a few hours before the board shut down. He said that the issue of getting the old database was in the legal department. That being the case, I got the feeling that it's unlikely that they'll approve giving it to us, but we had to try. I'll give it a little more time then ask if he's heard anything. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last email I got was back on the 30th, a few hours before the board shut down. He said that the issue of getting the old database was in the legal department. That being the case, I got the feeling that it's unlikely that they'll approve giving it to us, but we had to try. I'll give it a little more time then ask if he's heard anything. 

There is no more "Ask Dave" lol

And...it's amazing to me....we don't need Dick from the old MB or Dave....Va.....this feels just like the last board only better and honestly.....that place along with philadelphiaeagles.com is dead to me.

• Like 1

For about the past week, I've been working on a new feature for the board. It's not 100% complete, and I'll continue to tweak, but I'm hoping that this will help give us a larger footprint and help the board grow. 

https://news.eaglesmessageboard.com/

I have a dedicated URL for it, but the SSL hasn't kicked in for it yet (this is why the board went offline a couple of days ago, unexpectedly). Once that issue is resolved, I'll post the dedicated URL and I'll also see about getting a direct link to it here on the board. Maybe it can replace the 'Support' tab.

I believe I can link the two sites together also, so that you can use a single login and then be able to comment there, using your login from here. I'll work on that tomorrow.

There's not a lot of content there, at the moment. I've been more working on the format and getting it to work the way I wanted it to, rather than adding news or other things. WordPress is a totally foreign platform to me, so I'm kind of stumbling and bumbling my way through it.

Mark, the person that did the skin for the board, helped me out with the theme there as well. 

On 5/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For about the past week, I've been working on a new feature for the board. It's not 100% complete, and I'll continue to tweak, but I'm hoping that this will help give us a larger footprint and help the board grow. 

https://news.eaglesmessageboard.com/

I have a dedicated URL for it, but the SSL hasn't kicked in for it yet (this is why the board went offline a couple of days ago, unexpectedly). Once that issue is resolved, I'll post the dedicated URL and I'll also see about getting a direct link to it here on the board. Maybe it can replace the 'Support' tab.

I believe I can link the two sites together also, so that you can use a single login and then be able to comment there, using your login from here. I'll work on that tomorrow.

There's not a lot of content there, at the moment. I've been more working on the format and getting it to work the way I wanted it to, rather than adding news or other things. WordPress is a totally foreign platform to me, so I'm kind of stumbling and bumbling my way through it.

Mark, the person that did the skin for the board, helped me out with the theme there as well. 

so this was an NFL decision to close the boards ? did I miss something ?

Hey VA, Does the message board software have a chat room? Game day was always fun in the old EMB board when it had the chat. Thanks

13 minutes ago, xstonr said:

Hey VA, Does the message board software have a chat room? Game day was always fun in the old EMB board when it had the chat. Thanks

Unfortunately, they did away with that feature a few years ago... maybe 2015, if I remember right. There may be an option to add a third party chat room, but Invision is about to release an upgrade to the message board software. So I'd want to wait until that upgrade comes out before I start customizing the boards code. Otherwise, the upgrade would just do away with it... if the upgrade is worth installing, I should say. 

I'll look into it after they release that upgrade though. 

• Like 1