Welcome to the New Eagles Message Board!

VaBeach_Eagle

20 hours ago, Aquemini said:

Bless up! New name, same idiot here. Sup everyone? 

What was your old name?

Just thinking of this va there isn’t a way to get the old link to forward to this site is there? It was still active last I looks just said the board was closed down but if they forwarded it here atleast people who don’t have a clue could still sign up.

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Just thinking of this va there isn’t a way to get the old link to forward to this site is there? It was still active last I looks just said the board was closed down but if they forwarded it here atleast people who don’t have a clue could still sign up.

The Eagles would have to agree to that, then set it up a forwarder. I doubt they'd do that, seeing as we're just a 'random' group of fans now, and not officially associated with the official website anymore. 

I've setup an EMB YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgddcxcinminXP9MFcEaDzg

I uploaded a video, just to have something there. It's Doug catching a beer at the parade, with one hand. Along with Fly Eagles Fly playing. 

Don't know if a YouTube channel will be useful, or used, but it's setup and ready. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Are you trying to draw out bobbyizdum ??

lol No, just trying to get our footprint on the web established. Twitter is set, I'm trying to get Facebook set but that's not approved yet and now YouTube is set.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol No, just trying to get our footprint on the web established. Twitter is set, I'm trying to get Facebook set but that's not approved yet and now YouTube is set.

Did not know about the twitter, just followed it.

34 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Eagles would have to agree to that, then set it up a forwarder. I doubt they'd do that, seeing as we're just a 'random' group of fans now, and not officially associated with the official website anymore. 

Just knew there were some people supporting our takeover didn’t know the influence to how many were behind it.. was just thinking if someone had the link and went to it atleast maybe it could point them in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

To bad twitter is the ghey

Just now, downundermike said:

Yeah, I'm not much into "social media", but I thought that some of these platforms may be useful in helping old EMB lost souls, who didn't know about the closure, find us. 

While setting things up, I think I discovered a method that will automatically post stuff from the board, to Twitter. I've also been told that this can also be done in the WordPress site. So when a news article is posted, it will also get Tweeted. 

So some of these things may help the board grow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Just knew there were some people supporting our takeover didn’t know the influence to how many were behind it.. was just thinking if someone had the link and went to it atleast maybe it could point them in the right direction.

I think that the best possibility that we may have, is if Dave were to write a small article and mention us in it. Not to say that he'll do that or even be permitted to do that. But I doubt they'd setup a forwarder for us. 

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think that the best possibility that we may have, is if Dave were to wrote a small article and mention us in it. Not to say that he'll do that or even be permitted to do that. But I doubt they'd setup a forwarder for us. 

Sounds good.

23 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've setup an EMB YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgddcxcinminXP9MFcEaDzg

I uploaded a video, just to have something there. It's Doug catching a beer at the parade, with one hand. Along with Fly Eagles Fly playing. 

Don't know if a YouTube channel will be useful, or used, but it's setup and ready. 

Not sure if you can add videos from other youtube users to the channel, but if you can.  Everyone should watch the goal line stand at the end of this game.  One of my favorite Eagle v Cowboy endings.  Go to 2:12:53

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not sure if you can add videos from other youtube users to the channel, but if you can.  Everyone should watch the goal line stand at the end of this game.  One of my favorite Eagle v Cowboy endings.  Go to 2:12:53

Adding NFL games or other official NFL videos, is a risky thing. The NFL is pretty stingy. I don't know if they still do this, but they'll throw a copyright strike at a channel quicker than you can say copyright strike. Get three of those and the channel is banned. I've had 3 or 4 channels in the past (probably more than 10 years ago), get banned because of the NFL. Well, because I posted official stuff and they issued takedowns, which gave me the strikes. 

For the boards channel, I'd only want to post original content, or fairly risk free stuff. Maybe a podcast type video, or maybe even live stream during a game or two, like Shango does. I don't know if I will or not though.  

On 5/7/2020 at 8:16 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just added this video to the first post of this thread, it's a news story that aired back before the old EMB closed:

Here's the direct link to the news story: https://www.wfmz.com/sports/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-official-discussion-boards-closing-april-30/article_a67fe4ae-8129-11ea-8d14-439309fb32d4.html

I love how they end the video scrolling down so you can see my TATERGEDDON thread. 

I guess I'm famous now, or infamous depending on how you look at it 😂

• Haha 3

Yep, registrations opened up one month ago tonight, at 8:30 Eastern time. A little over an hour later, posting opened up. 

I knew that once the old EMB shut down, registrations would slow down. So we're still right around 1,000 members with almost 49,000 posts. Not bad for the first month of activity. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So we're still right around 1,000 members with almost 49,000 posts. Not bad for the first month of activity. 

Better not tell the Eagles, they may shut us down due to a lack of activity.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dungaroo said:

I was wondering what happened to the board 

Hadn't you seen Dave's announcement before it happened? Took us all by surprise, but I'm glad that he announced it and gave us two weeks to prepare. 

On 4/24/2020 at 10:31 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you want me to adjust your post count to reflect the old EMB's numbers, post a link to your old profile in the pinned thread about post counts (here on the new EMB).

My old profile on the EMB appears to no longer be available.  So pick a random number of your choice and enter it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

My old profile on the EMB appears to no longer be available.  So pick a random number of your choice and enter it.

Its really nice to see ou here

2 minutes ago, In2football said:

Its really nice to see you here

Thanks.  How is life up in Nova Scotia.  You should really be getting green and colorful about now.